Sparkey

Photo for DS-160

13 posts in this topic

You can always make your own passport photo that meets requirements. If you upload it and it is accepted then you don’t have to take passport photo.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

You can always make your own passport photo that meets requirements. If you upload it and it is accepted then you don’t have to take passport photo.

Thanks! Is the picture used on thebDS-160 used on anything else? Do I need a hard copy of that picture for the interview or anything?

Yes you can keep a copy of it and print it later for interview, it needs to be less than 6 months though. If by the time of interview and it is more than 6 months, you need to take and print new one (fyi I always used a set of passport photo, seems no problem but I do not advise that.)

N400

Timeline
37 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

Yes you can keep a copy of it and print it later for interview, it needs to be less than 6 months though. If by the time of interview and it is more than 6 months, you need to take and print new one (fyi I always used a set of passport photo, seems no problem but I do not advise that.)

Since I will need 4 passport pictures for the medical and 2 for the interview, should I just get 6 photos now and then upload 1 of those to the DS-160?

6 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

Since I will need 4 passport pictures for the medical and 2 for the interview, should I just get 6 photos now and then upload 1 of those to the DS-160?

Never skimp on passport photos, just print some more.

N400

4 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

So the 1 for the DS-160 and the 4 for medical plus the 2 for the interview don't all have to be the same picture?

I believe so.

N400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

So the 1 for the DS-160 and the 4 for medical plus the 2 for the interview don't all have to be the same picture?

No.  The requirement is that it is a compliant photo of the applicant

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can successfully take them yourself for uploading, and there are apps that will help with that, but just make sure it meets the requirements and check the examples from the state department.

When it comes to taking actual photos, I'd be careful about printing your own, not to say that you can't do it successfully, but I'd rather have the piece of mind of a professionally printed one.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

You can successfully take them yourself for uploading, and there are apps that will help with that, but just make sure it meets the requirements and check the examples from the state department.

When it comes to taking actual photos, I'd be careful about printing your own, not to say that you can't do it successfully, but I'd rather have the piece of mind of a professionally printed one.

I'd rather have piece of mind as well. 

So it's ok to use my own photo for the DS-160 and then have actual passport pictures take for the medical and the 2 that I will need for the interview?

I just wanted to know if I need to have the same picture for everything. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I'd rather have piece of mind as well. 

So it's ok to use my own photo for the DS-160 and then have actual passport pictures take for the medical and the 2 that I will need for the interview?

Yes, as it should be a recent photo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

No, the requirement is that it is photo of the applicant within the specifications. No where does it indicate that these need to be identical.   

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.