Guillaryi

DCF Frankfurt - Jan 2021

179 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Do you have a source for that? What limits it to 10 years?

You‘re right, that’s too vague, the full explanation is more something like „until the obligations of the I-864 expire“, e.g. after the immigrant has worked for 10 years (with contributions to Social Security).

Edited by Guillaryi

IR1/CR1 DCF (exceptional circumstances)

2021-01-19: I-130 filing arrives at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-02-02: I-130 NOA2, Packet 3 received (all via e-mail, no NOA1)

2021-02-16: I-864/Packet 3 arrives at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-03-01: Interview invitation received

2021-03-22: Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-03-30: Visa ISSUED

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2023-03-28: I-751 filing arrives

2023-04-04: I-797 Notice of Action with 4 year extension

2023-05-02: Interview

2024-04-05: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, archivebox said:

Just an update that our I-130 was approved on 5 May, two weeks after it arrived at the Consulate. We sent Packet 3 yesterday. 

@archivebox Hi! Would you be so kind please and tell me what did you attach with your I-130 as supporting documents?

Also, what does the packet 3 contain? I am so sorry. I am at a loss right now. Thank you for your help!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Guillaryi said:

We went Assets-only and submitted account statements with more than enough assets to beat 5x the poverty level on a 2 person household, which is about 110k USD.

No US income or US assets were included.

So this is your german bank account, correct?

6 minutes ago, cyndallita said:

So this is your german bank account, correct?

Please fill in a timeline and it might be best to start your own thread with your own sequence of questions.   Most of what you are asking about isn't even relevant if you haven't even submitted an initial request to the consulate.

The petitioner and beneficiary both live in Germany right now?

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for opening up this thread - it's fantastic!

I have a question and I hope that some of you who have already gone through this process can help me. My I-130 has already been approved by the consulate, I am currently gathering all of the required documents (listed on their checklist) so that my application can be further processed.

According to this checklist, I'm supposed to send these documents by regular mail. However, since I am sending several original documents, I am quite hesitant about it and wanted to send them by registered mail (Einschreiben) instead.

How did you guys go about doing this? Do you think I will have any issues if I send them by registered mail?

Many thanks!

On 6/21/2021 at 3:10 AM, Oz_de said:

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for opening up this thread - it's fantastic!

I have a question and I hope that some of you who have already gone through this process can help me. My I-130 has already been approved by the consulate, I am currently gathering all of the required documents (listed on their checklist) so that my application can be further processed.

According to this checklist, I'm supposed to send these documents by regular mail. However, since I am sending several original documents, I am quite hesitant about it and wanted to send them by registered mail (Einschreiben) instead.

How did you guys go about doing this? Do you think I will have any issues if I send them by registered mail?

Many thanks!

I sent my documents off by priority mail (so not signature required). We had no problems with that - we have an interview in July. I believe they explicitly ask you to send the packet by regular mail though. 

8 hours ago, archivebox said:

I sent my documents off by priority mail (so not signature required). We had no problems with that - we have an interview in July. I believe they explicitly ask you to send the packet by regular mail though. 

Hi archivebox,

Thanks! So you ended up using DHL Expressversand?

Can I ask you how long it took them to review your paperwork and let you know that you can go ahead and schedule your interview?

Thanks a lot!

On 6/26/2021 at 2:39 AM, Oz_de said:

Hi archivebox,

Thanks! So you ended up using DHL Expressversand?

Can I ask you how long it took them to review your paperwork and let you know that you can go ahead and schedule your interview?

Thanks a lot!

As I recall, I just went to the local Spati that had DHL and asked to send it registered without signature (Einwurf Einschreiben), so I could track online when the documents arrived to the Consulate and they collected them. 

It took about 2.5 weeks after receipt for us to receive the notification that we could request to schedule an interview. It took another week after we requested to schedule to actually be able to select a date and schedule the interview (you do it online).

On 6/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, cyndallita said:

Hi, may I know what was the reason of your DCF or the exceptional circumstance? Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. My wife is a US citizen and was allowed to work remotely from Germany during the pandemic. However, her employer wanted her to return to the US in the spring so we applied for DCF and it worked out.

"My wife is a US citizen and was allowed to work remotely from Germany..."

Do/Did you need permission from the German government to have her work remotely in Germany?

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Timeline

Sorry to bother everyone with my own question but I am hoping you could help:

We got the approval notice for my children and no list of documents we would need to add. My husband is the petitioner as we went the DCF route for them.

I am guessing we need to include in our IV package (actually two packages):

1. Birth certificate petitioner and beneficiary

2. Divorce decree Husband with ex-wife

3. Divorce decree Mom with biological Dad

4. Marriage certificate Husband (their stepdad) and me

5. Bio page of each passport

6. Military Orders perhaps stating we are stationed in Germany?

Did I miss anything? The DS 260 will still be filed electronically, correct? And we are still uploading the documents electronically but also send the same package by mail?

And secondly, did you all really send the original documents? That scares me A LOT. Would we need two packages with originals for each package?

Edited by R&OC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I am a US Citizen living in Frankfurt, Germany since December to be with my wife and daughter. I filed an i-130 with my attorney in March and it went to the Texas Processing Center. Unfortunately, I received a call few days ago from my attorney's wife, that my attorney has died. 

I have sacrificed so much to be here with them, i even left my company and currently not have no income. It's extremely difficult and stressful, i don’t know how many more months i'll have to wait until an interview, yet alone a year. 

Is there a way for me to re-submit my i130 with Frankfurt as DCF? I had no idea i could do this... I have tried to look for resources. any help would be immensely life saving.. thank you 

Edited by Ceofromthevalley
grammar and more info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.