Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

657 posts in this topic

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, EoinH100 said:

Did you hear anything back yet?

We DQ'd Aug 10th which has been 6 weeks now and haven't hear anything as of yet. is anyone else in the same boat?

Same here, although I'm London and not Dublin.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
48 minutes ago, AMMM said:

No luck yet - still waiting unfortunately! 10 weeks and counting... 

Wow that is atrocious. I am about 3 weeks behind you. Also it is strange because it looks like JessicaRazia DQ after you and has gotten an appointment in the last batch.

Have you an appointment at Mater?

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Samthemani said:

Wow that is atrocious. I am about 3 weeks behind you. Also it is strange because it looks like JessicaRazia DQ after you and has gotten an appointment in the last batch.

Have you an appointment at Mater?

Yes I booked appt for early November, hoping for an interview date sometime in November if I get called in the next few weeks

Timeline

Hey Folks,

just wanted to fill ye in

DQ’d Aug 10th

received email confirmation 27th September

Appointment 3rd November.

hope this helps ye!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Received an email from the Dublin embassy on October 3rd with Packet 3 (k1 visa).

In it says to make a medical appointment first- called Mater and was informed next medical appointment isn't until Nov. 30th. Is there any way to expedite this? Perhaps a wait list if there is a cancellation?

Also about how long after embassy is notified of readiness is the interview?

Thanks everyone!

Quick question - do we have to bring along the previously completed original I130 forms (from USCIS stage) to the interview as well? We submitted everything online through rapid visa so we no longer have the actual forms that were scanned and submitted by RV. It wasn't mentioned to specifically bring them, but it does say to bring completed application forms? I'm a little confused. Any help would be hugely appreciated! 

Timeline
On 10/5/2022 at 9:27 PM, javierdpvelez said:

Received an email from the Dublin embassy on October 3rd with Packet 3 (k1 visa).

In it says to make a medical appointment first- called Mater and was informed next medical appointment isn't until Nov. 30th. Is there any way to expedite this? Perhaps a wait list if there is a cancellation?

Also about how long after embassy is notified of readiness is the interview?

Thanks everyone!

I think the best you can do is call daily to check for cancellations

On 10/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Ved_N said:

Hi,

If anyone can help me with the timeline, my visa was issued on the 4th October, but I am yet to here from the embassy with a tracking number. How long could that take as I was hoping to travel at the end of next week?

Thanks in advance 

From what I have seen around here, it is between 5-10 working days from approval to receipt

On 10/8/2022 at 8:51 PM, JessicaRazia said:

Quick question - do we have to bring along the previously completed original I130 forms (from USCIS stage) to the interview as well? We submitted everything online through rapid visa so we no longer have the actual forms that were scanned and submitted by RV. It wasn't mentioned to specifically bring them, but it does say to bring completed application forms? I'm a little confused. Any help would be hugely appreciated! 

This was a long time ago, my memory might not be correct. But I think we already sent in original documents with the i130?

I believe the only necessary documents to bring are the originals of documents submitted through NVC

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Ved_N said:

Hi,

If anyone can help me with the timeline, my visa was issued on the 4th October, but I am yet to here from the embassy with a tracking number. How long could that take as I was hoping to travel at the end of next week?

Thanks in advance 

Congratulations! How long did it end up taking in the end? Mine was approved yesterday at my interview so just trying to judge the wait time til I receive it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I received my approved visa today :) just sharing my timeline & interview details in case it helps anyone: 

No RFE

June 12th 2021 - PD (submitted to Texas, transferred to California)

June 24th 2021 - Active Review

February 24th 2022 - Case Approved

May 12th 2022 - Documents Submitted

July 20th 2022 - DQ'd

August 26th 2022 - Interview Letter

September 9th 2022 - Medical 

October 27th 2022 - Interview at Dublin Embassy (was told everything looked good and to expect my passport back in about 10 working days)

November 2nd 2022 - CEAC status changed to Administrative Processing

November 3rd 2022 - CEAC status changed to Issued 

November 7th 2022 - Postal notification & tracking number received 

November 8th 2022 - Visa on Hand & Immigration Fee paid

November 19th - Flight to USA ✈️🇺🇲

Interview Questions:

"Name" is your petitioner? 

Is he also your financial sponsor? 

What does he do for work? 

How much money does he make? 

How did you meet? 

What do I do for work? 

Are you planning on continuing that in the US? 

You got married in Ireland?

What was your wedding like?  

Have you ever been refused a US visa?

Have all your visits to the US been on an ESTA? 

Where are you going to live in the US? 

Is it a house or an apartment? 

You changed your surname at one point? (I had submitted a deed poll from when I took my mom's surname when I was 18.)

My interview time was 7:45am and I was out of there at 9:15am. Interview lasted around 10 minutes. The longest part was queuing to hand over my documents and then waiting to be called to the interview desk. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, my partner and I are applying for K1 visa. We received packet 3 from the Dublin embassy last week. Just wanted to ask a few questions here in case anyone knows the answer!

• We filled out the DS-160 after the NVC Sent notification, but before receiving packet 3. Is this a problem, and should we fill it out again now?
  • How do we pay the DS-160 fee? Is there a separate visa fee (or any other fee) that we need to bring to the interview?
  • We have applied for and received a medical appointment at Mater for the middle of February. Besides her passport, immunization records, photograph, and future US address, is there anything else we need to bring to that?
  • Any other tips or tricks you think are important for us to know are greatly appreciated :) 

Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

My husband was given the thumbs up today at this interview that he'll be granted a green card. 

His medical was last week at Mater - the results weren't received yet, but the folks at the embassy indicated the results should be received soon and then his passport will be returned with the visa in 7-10 days. 

My husband noted that others present at the embassy were in the same boat with their medicals - results hadn't been received yet as they were executed recently. 

He was asked to present original documentation. Otherwise, they confirmed all required documentation was uploaded to CEAC. 

Interview time was at 8:00AM and he left by 8:45AM.

The interview questions included: 

• You were born outside of Ireland - do you have citizenship for that other country? 
  • You worked previously outside of Ireland, what was your job? 
  • Your spouse is your sponsor, is she still living in Ireland? 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.