Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

657 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, NgaNguyen said:

Hi RyRyK, did you call to Mater along with the Immigrant Visa Case Number (NVC Case Number - DBLxxxxxxxxxx) to book a medical exam without an interview appointment letter? I will try to call them to book an appointment. Just to make sure I understand it correctly. Thank you for helping. 

Yes exactly just the Case No (DBLXXXXX)

Timeline
21 hours ago, tarajn17 said:

We called and was told the nearest appointment was March 22nd. Are there any other places you can get the medical? That date is ridiculous 

Unfortunately not, thats the only option. Like I mentioned call at regular intervals and ask if any cancellations, we manage to cut 2 weeks at on point. If nothing is available until 22nd March you will get cancellations. It just annoying having to call every other day to ask.

You can have a interview before your medical but they wont issue the actual visa until they receive the medical just so you know

On 1/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, tarajn17 said:

My wife just got DQ’ed on Tuesday, what’s the backlog like for interviews? How long does it usually take to get notified of an interview date after being DQ’ed? We are hoping she can be in the states by the end of March, what are the chances of that

Hi, I have just got DQ'd today. Just update to you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NgaNguyen said:

Hi Tarajn17, have you book an appointment for the medical exam yet? It is 22 March? Have you got an interview letter? 

We booked the appointment for March 22nd and we haven’t got an interview letter yet. Hoping this week

17 hours ago, tarajn17 said:

We booked the appointment for March 22nd and we haven’t got an interview letter yet. Hoping this week

Hi, I have already booked an medical exam on 1st Apr (latest time). Just call and book easily. The woman on the phone said that I just show the interview letter when interviewing at the Embassy. The exam will take around 3 hours and cost 415 euro per person. 

One more question: 

On US Department of State website, it shows the address in Visa Medical Centre, Level 5, Mater Private Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7. When I call them, they said that it change the address to Northern Cross and Cherrywood. Are you as same as me? 

Thank you we will receive the interview letter soon. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, NgaNguyen said:

Hi, I have already booked an medical exam on 1st Apr (latest time). Just call and book easily. The woman on the phone said that I just show the interview letter when interviewing at the Embassy. The exam will take around 3 hours and cost 415 euro per person. 

One more question: 

On US Department of State website, it shows the address in Visa Medical Centre, Level 5, Mater Private Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7. When I call them, they said that it change the address to Northern Cross and Cherrywood. Are you as same as me? 

Yeah that’s the location they told us to go to in the email, the northern cross location.

Timeline
On 2/8/2022 at 9:16 AM, NgaNguyen said:

One more question: 

We got an interview March 3rd!

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NgaNguyen said:

Wow, congratulation. Now you can call to Mater Private Hospital for finding the earlier slot. I hope I will have one soon.  Have NVC sent you an email? 

Yeah got the email this morning, just stating the time and documents to bring. 

Timeline

A couple questions for anyone who has already gone over to the State through the Dublin Airport Immigration.
1. How much extra time did you need before your flight to clear immigration?
2. What kinds of questions did the immigration officer ask? 
3. Did you have to fill in any Customs Forms beyond the usual for the stuff you were bringing with you?

We have our Visa and are going in a couple weeks, just not sure what to expect! Thanks!

Just now, Niamh said:

A couple questions for anyone who has already gone over to the State through the Dublin Airport Immigration.
3. Did you have to fill in any Customs Forms beyond the usual for the stuff you were bringing with you?

We have our Visa and are going in a couple weeks, just not sure what to expect! Thanks!

Hi, I do not know because I am waiting for an interview at the Embassy. 

You can review at this link (Dublin US Port of Entry Reviews) https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Dublin&page=1&dfilter=0 

Congratulations when you have your visas. Can you share your timeline and your experience when you was interviewing at the Embassy?

Thank you so much. 

Edited by NgaNguyen

Timeline
23 hours ago, Niamh said:

Congratulations on you visa:) do you mind if I ask you a question? My interview was also on 2nd of December, did you get your medical done before or after the interview? I did my medical after and waiting since then 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.