Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

657 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, NgaNguyen said:

Thank you so much. Keep in touch. I am still waiting for an interview letter. 

My visa was issued today and passport will be ready for collection in the next few days 🥳🥳🥳

16 hours ago, Martha86 said:

My visa was issued today and passport will be ready for collection in the next few days 🥳🥳🥳

I am happy to hear that. Finally, you have survived through the toughest time. Please tell me when you are going to receive your passport :). 

One more question please. You sent your passport via An Post with the register service, didn't you?

The address is

U.S. Embassy Dublin
42 Elgin Road
Ballsbridge
Dublin 4
Phone: +353 1 668-8777

When the embassy received your passport, was the way they contacted to you? Email? or Just the status changed in the CEAC website?  

Thank you so much. 

Timeline
On 2/11/2022 at 9:42 AM, Niamh said:

A couple questions for anyone who has already gone over to the State through the Dublin Airport Immigration.
1. How much extra time did you need before your flight to clear immigration?
2. What kinds of questions did the immigration officer ask? 
3. Did you have to fill in any Customs Forms beyond the usual for the stuff you were bringing with you?

We have our Visa and are going in a couple weeks, just not sure what to expect! Thanks!

My wife just immigrated with our son last week so we can give our experiences on this.

1. She wasn't held for any extra time, she arrived 2 1/2 hrs before the flight.However 3+ hrs would be better, they were travelling from Kerry so delayed.

2. Verified destination address and relationship and asked about whether they knew what to do when they arrive. Example USCIS fee if not paid before flying.

3. No

10 hours ago, RyRyK said:

My wife just immigrated with our son last week so we can give our experiences on this.

1. She wasn't held for any extra time, she arrived 2 1/2 hrs before the flight.However 3+ hrs would be better, they were travelling from Kerry so delayed.

2. Verified destination address and relationship and asked about whether they knew what to do when they arrive. Example USCIS fee if not paid before flying.

3. No

Thank you so much for your sharing.

• 2 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:35 PM, DanielleL said:

Hi, 

I’m just curious to see how long people have been waiting lately for 

a) nvc approval notice once stated nvc processing times are current for their case

b) interview appointment date in Dublin once nvc approves your case? 
I’m applying for a family based visa. 
Thank you! 

We submitted all our docs to NVC on March 15 and got DQ'd on May 25, so a little shorter but pretty in line with the posted NVC processing times.  I will update when we receive the interview letter/date.

We got our interview letter today- scheduled for July 28th.

My husband is Irish but living in Canada, so he's traveling back to Ireland for the interview and medical exam so the timing is a bit tricky.

We're trying to get the medical exam scheduled now.  I'm hoping we have enough notice that we can get an appointment before the interview.  Does anyone have experience with how long it takes the medical center to transfer the results to the consulate after the exam?

3 hours ago, GPandPD said:

My husband is Irish but living in Canada, so he's traveling back to Ireland for the interview and medical exam so the timing is a bit tricky.

We're trying to get the medical exam scheduled now.  I'm hoping we have enough notice that we can get an appointment before the interview.  Does anyone have experience with how long it takes the medical center to transfer the results to the consulate after the exam?

wow that was quick congrats!

so approx 3 month wait?

Timeline
23 hours ago, GPandPD said:

Says upto 10 days but usually alot quicker 3-5. Make sure you mention it in your medical as that helps. Also you can have your interview before your medical, it's not ideal but the embassy will just wait for the results.

Book your medical ASAP as the wait times were a number of weeks.

Good Luck! You re passed the hardest part at NVC!

• 4 weeks later...

Just popping in here that I was speaking to the Mater re appointments last week. They are now dishing out appointments for October as their soonest opening.
I am not yet NVC DQ but I have mine booked for next Wednesday. The NVC is currently working on April 21st 2022 and we are April 29th.

Hoping I have done this in good order & that the end is in sight. So mentally exhausting.

Timeline

@orlarose

we are expecting to get DQ in the next 2 weeks and got medical done end of May. Keep us posted how long it takes to get the interview letter once you’re DQd! Good luck to you guys

On 7/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, orlarose said:

Just popping in here that I was speaking to the Mater re appointments last week. They are now dishing out appointments for October as their soonest opening.
I am not yet NVC DQ but I have mine booked for next Wednesday. The NVC is currently working on April 21st 2022 and we are April 29th.

Hoping I have done this in good order & that the end is in sight. So mentally exhausting.

Just letting you know I had my medical yesterday and it went great. I also was super super lucky and got document qualified yesterday too.

It was at NVC for exactly 76 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just wanted to share we got DQ last Tuesday - July 19. Waiting for interview letter now. Anyone have any info how long it’s taking to get an interview letter these days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.