POA

F4 - When to pay the Visa and Biometric fees?

12 posts in this topic

I know it takes almost three decades for the visa to become available, but when will I need to pay the fees? Is it once the petition is approved and at the NVC for processing, or once the visa is available and NVC is done processing them?

Thanks in advance!

It wouldn't make much sense to pay 2020 fees in 2020 dollars for something that, if still available, won't happen for 30 years, would it?

21 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

It wouldn't make much sense to pay 2020 fees in 2020 dollars for something that, if still available, won't happen for 30 years, would it?

I am not asking how much the fees are or if I am paying them this year. I am asking when do they require the fees to be paid based on the F4 process. 

Edited by POA

15 minutes ago, POA said:

I am not asking how much the fees are or if I am paying them this year. I am asking when do they require the fees to be paid based on the F4 process. 

I know.  I was trying to explain why it makes no sense that anything would be due to be paid several decades before a visa is even available.  The value of the dollar and the fees for visas will not be the same by then.....

Edited by Jorgedig

Just now, Chancy said:

Pay visa fee when visa number becomes available.  Around 25 years or so into the F4 process.

Thanks, Chancy! I appreciate you answering the question. Have a great day!

Just now, Jorgedig said:

I know.  I was trying to explain why it makes no sense than anything would be due to be paid several decades before a visa is even available.

Thank you for spending the time to explain without actually answering the question. 

2 minutes ago, POA said:

Thank you for spending the time to explain without actually answering the question. 

Sorry, thought it would have been obvious.

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Sorry, thought it would have been obvious.

You cannot assume without asking. Which is why, the question was asked. It may be obvious for you, but it wasn't obviously obvious for me.  We all have different way of thinking.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

1. Must be a US citizen first.

2. Submit applications for your brother or sister along with the application fees.

3. Once approved by USCIS, the case will be forwarded to NVC wherein the true waiting game will begin as F4 category for Philippines  will take from 20 to 24 years of waiting for the availability to be current.

4. Once the visa availability is current, you will then received a letter from NVC (like instructions) informing you that they are ready to process your application further and that the letter will have MNL case number and Invoice ID number needed to log in to CEAC website to pay bills, DS260 form to be answered by your siblings, and submission of the required documents. Once NVC will received the completed requirements then they will queue your siblings for their interview.

5. They will have their medical and interview taken.

NOTE: And because this takes too long we do not know as to how many changes NVC or USCIS may have along the way, but for now this is the general way.

I hope it helps,

NG

Edited by nelmagriffin

Thanks, NG!!! That's very detailed and it helped a lot! Yes, we don't know what changes are going to happen, but I really appreciate your input. Have a great holiday!

^ note that Step 4 happens when “dates for filing” (table B) is current in the visa bulletin, which is usually around a year before they expect the actual priority date (table A) to be current (table A needs to be current for a visa number to be actually available).  

Edited by SusieQQQ

28 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

^ note that Step 4 happens when “dates for filing” (table B) is current in the visa bulletin, which is usually around a year before they expect the actual priority date (table A) to be current (table A needs to be current for a visa number to be actually available).  

That's good to know! Thanks, SusieQQQ! Just for my reference:

1. Must be a US citizen first.

2. Submit applications for your brother or sister along with the application fees.

3. Once approved by USCIS, the case will be forwarded to NVC wherein the true waiting game will begin as F4 category for Philippines  will take from 20 to 24 years of waiting for the availability to be current.

4. Once the visa availability is current, you will then received a letter from NVC (like instructions) informing you that they are ready to process your application further and that the letter will have MNL case number and Invoice ID number needed to log in to CEAC website to pay bills, DS260 form to be answered by your siblings, and submission of the required documents. Once NVC will received the completed requirements then they will queue your siblings for their interview.

(Note that Step 4 happens when “dates for filing” (table B) is current in the visa bulletin, which is usually around a year before they expect the actual priority date (table A) to be current (table A needs to be current for a visa number to be actually available)

5. They will have their medical and interview taken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.