Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All,

My wife and I have an interview soon for the CRBA in Bogota where we'll both be in attendance with our child.

In the "Proof of Physical Presence in the US" section of the checklist it says: 

transcripts, w-2s, social security earnings report, complete migration report, etc. Does one have to have all of these things or can you pick which ones to have to complete the 5 year requirement?

Thanks, Walt.

Edited by wally29
addition

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, wally29 said:

Hello All,

My wife and I have an interview soon for the CRBA in Bogota where we'll both be in attendance with our child.

In the "Proof of Physical Presence in the US" section of the checklist it says: 

transcripts, w-2s, social security earnings report, complete migration report, etc. Does one have to have all of these things or can you pick which ones to have to complete the 5 year requirement?

Thanks, Walt.

Walt: 

I did the CRBA In Bogota for my son. The embassy needed my migration report and university transcripts demonstrating that I’ve had a physical presence in the US for the last 5 years. Also submitted lease agreement, bank statements and for my DD-214s as I was in the military. I would bring as much as you can, it would prevent a delay like I had because I didn’t have the proper paperwork. If you have other questions, let me know. 

Timeline
On 12/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, Tacos said:

Walt: 

I did the CRBA In Bogota for my son. The embassy needed my migration report and university transcripts demonstrating that I’ve had a physical presence in the US for the last 5 years. Also submitted lease agreement, bank statements and for my DD-214s as I was in the military. I would bring as much as you can, it would prevent a delay like I had because I didn’t have the proper paperwork. If you have other questions, let me know. 

Thanks!! Will do!!!

20 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

Really?! This is great news!

Yes - it sounds like they've spread out all of the canceled March 2020 appointments that were originally scheduled but canceled due to Covid-19 - these are not expedites.  Just gathering information from the group text, there is 10 interviews tomorrow, 2 on the 19th, 1 on the 21st and 1 on the 28th.  These are just the ones that are aware in this group text of about 20 people.

This is very good news, and sounds like Bogota is slowly heading in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, Louis61404 said:

Yes - it sounds like they've spread out all of the canceled March 2020 appointments that were originally scheduled but canceled due to Covid-19 - these are not expedites.  Just gathering information from the group text, there is 10 interviews tomorrow, 2 on the 19th, 1 on the 21st and 1 on the 28th.  These are just the ones that are aware in this group text of about 20 people.

This is very good news, and sounds like Bogota is slowly heading in the right direction.

Thank God! Things are finally moving. The anxiety from all this waiting has been killing me, lol!  Are these all CR-1/IR-1 cases? Really appreciate you sharing this information!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

It sounds like Bogota has begun to schedule canceled March appointments.

I'm in a WhatsApp group text with a lot of people waiting, and they claim Bogota just sent out the rescheduling emails for those appointments today.

Awesome ! Thank you for the positive news

Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 12:28 PM, Louis61404 said:

It sounds like Bogota has begun to schedule canceled March appointments.

I'm in a WhatsApp group text with a lot of people waiting, and they claim Bogota just sent out the rescheduling emails for those appointments today.

Wanted to ask if my fiance and I could get in on that group? 

Timeline

Nothing about fiancé’s? Her and I were thinking about abandoning the K1, getting married and refilling for the CR1 while we wait for the embassy to open up, but maybe we should stick to what we are doing right now?

59 minutes ago, Tacos said:

Nothing about fiancé’s? Her and I were thinking about abandoning the K1, getting married and refilling for the CR1 while we wait for the embassy to open up, but maybe we should stick to what we are doing right now?

If it weren't for the long wait time at USCIS to process the I-130, I would say the CR-1 would be better. The only advantage of marrying and re-filing is that, despite the backlog, IR-1/2 and CR-1/2 are prioritized at almost all embassies right now. They have said K1s will be a priority too though, in some Facebook posts. Since you are so close, and already in line, it may be best to wait it out. 

On 1/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, Louis61404 said:

@Louis61404 were you able to get any further feedback from the 10 folks that interviewed today?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.