Gomast

Frustrated- Employment Authorization outside normal processing times

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I read in another post written by @ThaOne that he believes that if you submit additional financial documents, it could help ‘bumping’ the case for review. My wife will be promoted at her job next month and she will receive a small salary increase. I could try to submit her new pay stubs and see if it helps to bump my case.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/753322-if-waiting-long-for-interview-try-this/?tab=comments#comment-10334341

Did you file Form I-765?

I think you need to keep a folder or file in your computer with dates and information on the whole process. It seems you are confused about what you did, the dates, etc, yourself so if you don't have information straight, it will be difficult to (1) figure out the problem (2) later down the road you will need to fill more forms and stuff, so you will need information on everything so far. I even kept a file with where I lived and the dates, when I submitted the information to USCIS that I had moved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Wow, you guys are pros. It turns out that the expired form was related to the I-131 petition that I submitted. It was rejected on 10/1/19. I resubmitted the I-131 and it was approved on 5/6/2020.  

I just checked the reason for the RFE again. I received the RFE because we did not meet the income requirements. My response was to add a co-sponsor. 

That changes now. If the 131 was approved, it means the RFE was reviewed (they just didn't update the status, it happens).

What's the status of the 765 case number?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Did you file Form I-765?

I think you need to keep a folder or file in your computer with dates and information on the whole process. It seems you are confused about what you did, the dates, etc, yourself so if you don't have information straight, it will be difficult to (1) figure out the problem (2) later down the road you will need to fill more forms and stuff, so you will need information on everything so far. I even kept a file with where I lived and the dates, when I submitted the information to USCIS that I had moved.

Thank you. Yes, I filed all 3 forms on the same day: I-765, I-485, I-131. I have a folder with all the forms and receipts.

When I wrote the posts, I just went by my memory, which is obviously not the best :) 

You’re right, I need to write a document with the timeline of each major event that has happened. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

That changes now. If the 131 was approved, it means the RFE was reviewed (they just didn't update the status, it happens).

What's the status of the 765 case number?

Expedite Request Received

On October 19, 2020, we received your request for expedited processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSC....... We are reviewing your request and will notify you if we need additional information. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gomast said:

On October 19, 2020, we received your request for expedited processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSC....... We are reviewing your request and will notify you if we need additional information. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So you filed to expedite the case. Did you submit any proof? Any denial about the expedite request?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

So you filed to expedite the case. Did you submit any proof? Any denial about the expedite request?

I did not receive a denial because I wasn’t able to submit the evidence yet. My wife is a teacher, and she was not able to work for a few months because of COVID-19. She still needs to get a letter from the school, testifying for that.  
In addition, I will submit my new child support order which was issued in 5/30/20. 

It didn’t cross my mind that if you don’t submit the evidence for an expedited request, that might affect the processing times of the I-765 petition. 

2 hours ago, Gomast said:

It sounds like your expedited request is pending or denied. there is no way to know  unless the help desk tells you the status .  if they had approved it than you would have received EAD by now.  Most likely your expedited was not approved or on hold for some reason.  you should ask them what the status is rather than waiting 

duh

Timeline

Update and takeaways:

Today I spoke with a tier 1 officer at the USCIS. 

1. I haven’t received any response from the USCIS  about my RFE response to the I-864.

Turns out that if 90 days have passed from the submission of the RFE response, you can submit outside normal processing times request. 
2. Regarding my I-765, today I filed my 3rd outside normal processing times request.
- The officer told me that normally people get better response when the request is filed over the phone rather than online. 

- the officer told me that after 3 submissions of outside normal processing times requests, there are more options to escalate the matter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gomast said:

I read in another post written by @ThaOne that he believes that if you submit additional financial documents, it could help ‘bumping’ the case for review. My wife will be promoted at her job next month and she will receive a small salary increase. I could try to submit her new pay stubs and see if it helps to bump my case.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/753322-if-waiting-long-for-interview-try-this/?tab=comments#comment-10334341

As I stated then, it could have been a coincidence. But either way it was just 3 days after I added documents after months of silence, I finally had my interview scheduled and it is coming up in a couple of days.

Either way, I saw on the forum two days ago a November or October 2019 filer who also had nothing going on and no updates, who said he also added some documents and not long after he got his interview. Again maybe a coincidence, but he said that during the interview, the officer mentioned he had noticed the addition of those new documents. He (the applicant) replied he just wanted to add some more stuff and the officer replied it was "good of him for having been pro-active". Now maybe this means in that case too it is what helped, but it definitely shows that it CAN (may not always) get their attention, since the officer mentioned it specifically at the interview.

Whatever you add though needs to be a little pertinent. If you are trying to make some case that your wife's salary increase is pertinent then do try.

I am looking for that post from the other filer. He gave a detailed account of his interview process and his discussion with the officer and how he brought this up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.