ShawnSpiker

Form I-130 Process for Family from the Egypt during the pPandemic.

96 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

If they even sniff she would use a tourist visa as a pretext to apply for asylum there is no way they’d give it to her. And don’t fool yourself, the asylum process is long (can be years), arduous, stressful, and with no guarantee of success. 

What should I do for them? What is the best?

I-130 or let them try tourist Visa again?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

What should I do for them? What is the best?

I-130 or let them try tourist Visa again?

You can submit I-130s for them, and plan to visit them there in their country.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

{Partial moderator hat on}... slow down here! You are starting to venture off into frivolous activities in an effort to by-pass immigration policies. 

Don't use a visitor visa just so she can get here sooner. Don't make frivolous claims just so your sister can claim asylum because it takes too long for her to get here. There are desperate people who are suffering in the world whose lives are in danger whom legitimately needs asylum. 

You need to accept the fact that your sister will not be here for many years. It is a realization that is part of life. It does not help your nor your family to try to find a back door way of doing things. Do it the proper way. If she obtains a B2 visa, she can only visit for short periods of time. She cannot use a visitor visa to try and remain here while your sibling case is being processed. 

I agree.

It will be nice for them just to visit. I think we take it to far. They both does not even speak English.
I just want them to be happy and able to see me here.

Can they get a tourist visa while they are waiting for the I-130?

Or the embassy will denied them for that reason only.

1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

You can submit I-130s for them, and plan to visit them there in their country.

ok.

1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

You have been told numerous times in this thread already. You simply file for them and wait. They can file for a visitor visa but that is no guarantee and it cannot be used to immigrate them here.

All you can do is file and wait. That is it. 

And if you really want to see them you can make a trip over to them.

Ok.

I will do that since it is the only way. I am just felling good that at least I was trying to help them .

I will work on the I-130 

5 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Ok.

I will do that since it is the only way. I am just felling good that at least I was trying to help them .

I will work on the I-130 

Do you guys know how can I edit the title thread on VJ?

Just now, HRQX said:

Also note that there is Online filing option: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Thank you so much.

If it is online how can I submit my evidence documents as the birth certificate?
Is there anything I have to provide rather that the birth certificate for my mom and sister.

2 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

If it is online how can I submit my evidence documents

It'll clearly prompt you in different sections to upload scans of the documents.

File upload icon
Drag files here or choose a file
Maximum size: 6MB per file
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF, or TIFF
No encrypted or password-protected files

Attaching your files
Use a scanner or take pictures of each document. Make sure each image you attach is clear and that all text is readable.

Translations
If your documents are in a foreign language, upload an English translation along with the original.

2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

It'll clearly prompt you in different sections to upload scans of the documents.

File upload icon
Drag files here or choose a file
Maximum size: 6MB per file
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF, or TIFF
No encrypted or password-protected files

Attaching your files
Use a scanner or take pictures of each document. Make sure each image you attach is clear and that all text is readable.

Translations
If your documents are in a foreign language, upload an English translation along with the original.

How can I translate it in English.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

How can I translate it in English.

You can do the translation or find someone to do it.

Include the USCIS translation certification.  Google for it on a .gov website.

Edited by aaron2020

3 hours ago, ShawnSpiker said:

And if my mom came in less that 2 years. can she also file for my sister another form to bring her faster if she is not married while the I-130 form is pending.

If you are considering the file for Mom first route, then your sister would have to remain unmarried because Green Card holders cannot sponsor married children. For that route, she would have to remain unmarried until she enters the US with the F2B visa. If she marries after the F2B visa is issued she won't be admissible in that Immigrant status.

4 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You can do the translation or find someone to do it.

Include the USCIS translation certification.  Google for it on a .gov website.

I would like to do it. but how this would work.

It is not very smart to pay someone $100  for each birth certificate to translate mainly names I have to provide.

How many years that could take?

6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

If you are considering the file for Mom first route, then your sister would have to remain unmarried because Green Card holders cannot sponsor married children. For that route, she would have to remain unmarried until she enters the US with the F2B visa. If she marries after the F2B visa is issued she won't be admissible in that Immigrant status.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I would like to do it. but how this would work.

It is not very smart to pay someone $100  for each birth certificate to translate mainly names I have to provide.

What do you mean how does it work?  You literally translate the documents yourself.  You're using a computer, so use a word processing program.  

4 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

It takes about 7 years for a green card parent to petition for an unmarried child over age 21.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.