TimLFoss

Never Received my Biometrics Appointment

11 posts in this topic

Hello. I filed for Adjustment of Status for my wife back in July. We received the NOA back from USCIS a week or so later confirming that they had received our petition, and were reviewing it. on the NOA it says the next step is to wait and be contacted about a biometrics appointment. Every resource online says it will be between 4-8 weeks. It has been over 4 months, not a peep. I'm starting to think maybe it got lost in the mail or something. Is there anything I can do; someone I can email; someone I can call about this? I hate to think we are just waiting for them, and they are waiting for us, all for no reason. I understand Covid has slowed things down, but 4 months?!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TimLFoss said:

Hello. I filed for Adjustment of Status for my wife back in July. We received the NOA back from USCIS a week or so later confirming that they had received our petition, and were reviewing it. on the NOA it says the next step is to wait and be contacted about a biometrics appointment. Every resource online says it will be between 4-8 weeks. It has been over 4 months, not a peep. I'm starting to think maybe it got lost in the mail or something. Is there anything I can do; someone I can email; someone I can call about this? I hate to think we are just waiting for them, and they are waiting for us, all for no reason. I understand Covid has slowed things down, but 4 months?!

Yes, covid slowed everything down. Before covid it was about 5-8 weeks to get biometrics. ASCs were closed for almost 5 months and they're scheduling less people for the same time/day, so it created a backlog of 4-5 months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I apply in June for AOS. I am Visa k1 and I am still waiting for my biometric appointment. I'm in Colorado. This wait is a bit exaggerated.

18 hours ago, TimLFoss said:

I filed in january and had biometrics taken in October. The initial appointment was to be in march but was cancelled. I was worried just like you but patience is needed. They will communicate. Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 5:36 PM, TimLFoss said:

You're definitely not alone.  July filer here too and no word about a biometrics appointment for us either.  Some of the July filers have completed their biometrics and their EAD/AP combo cards too.  But for the most part, the appointments are only just starting to come in and it depends on your local office.  So there are many who still don't have any updates.  

If you are interested, there is a forum that was created specifically for all July 2020 filers too where we keep one another updated and ask questions specific to the time we all filed.  The link is below.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yeah there is nothing to do but sit and wait were may 18th and still no biometrics. We contacted congressmen, supervisors and put in multiple requests, even past the timely processing and they said there is nothing we can do but wait.  good luck!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jessica and Tarik said:

yeah there is nothing to do but sit and wait were may 18th and still no biometrics. We contacted congressmen, supervisors and put in multiple requests, even past the timely processing and they said there is nothing we can do but wait.  good luck!!

In the same boat , PD May 15th . Exhausted all the resources! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.