Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together. Good luck because this is a lengthy process currently running 5-6 months from filing date for your NOA2 approval.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

Also, since your application will go through several background checks this is a primer on what goes on with the background process.

I know it really sucks, but the best way to get through this is to lower your expectations and try not to compare your timeline to anyone else's. Don't forget that the people here on Visa Journey represent a tiny percentage of all the petitions the CSC (California Service Center) must work through! When someone gets to your file, you'll hear from them. Stay busy, talk a lot with your fiancé about non-visa stuff, don't forget to hang out with your friends, take up a new hobby, go to a sporting event, and your time will come! Good luck

The explanation why is it taking so long.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681798-august-2018-i-129f-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9558550

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg.53f2858978e9b62615476c1af4b4c109.jpeg

•  

By the powers vested in me, I hereby knight you Greatbaum ,because you do great things!!!!

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's super nice to find a forum for people who will hopefully be on the same journey with us! Though we filed JUST before Christmas so could more than likely be in Jan2021 filers. Thanks all the same. Nice to have a group of people to chat to! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

It's super nice to find a forum for people who will hopefully be on the same journey with us! Though we filed JUST before Christmas so could more than likely be in Jan2021 filers. Thanks all the same. Nice to have a group of people to chat to! 

+1 right there with you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Application delivered dec 6. No word and check hasn't been cashed which I understand is normal. Hopefully hear something in January. Good to have a thread with people in the same boat.

Just now, Einhver said:

Sent 2 weeks ago... Stuck in USPS delays and still not yet delivered to the USCIS lockbox.

Wow. That's a new one that we haven't heard. The mail being slow to deliver to the lockbox. I've notice that my personal mail has slowed considerably. Every entity seems to be using coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as an excuse. I'm in my late 60's and I get up every day, do any shopping that I need to do, I eat out at restaurants, I go over to the VA Hospital for my Doctor's appointments and I am not afraid to be in the public. So, I have trouble understanding why things are so slow now and every time I turn around someone is using the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as their excuse. Oy Vey!

Anyways, Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I'd like to recommend that you explore VJ to see what is available to help you in your pursuit of a visa.

1. If you have completed your personal profile, you'll see a flag in the left-hand column under your name. Select it and see all the information available to you about others from your country that you can follow, embassy information, timelines, and other cool stuff.

2. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll down about three-fourths of the page and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  Join the conversation for your embassy and process with others. See what they are talking about.

3. Use the search box in the upper right-hand side of this page to find topics that you are interested in.

4. On the blue ribbon select the "Office Reviews & Info. There are reviews of actual experiences by members of the Visa Journey community that provide insight into the many immigration related offices around the world.

5. Using that same drop-down menu from #4 visit the US Embassy & Consulate Information tab. From this page you can view information on US Embassies around the world. Every embassy info page has a link that will let you update the information in real time if you have something to add or change.

6. Processing Times tab will allow you to determine many different timelines that will return several different data sets that you can query. 

7. Select the next-door neighbor to the Processing Times tab and you will land on the US Visa & USCIS Immigration Timelines (K1, IR1 Visas, EAD, AOS, etc...). Here is another source of information that you can search and manipulate data sets to answer your questions, like "How Long" will this take.

8. There is a wiki on various aspects of your visa processing. US Immigration Wiki - Page 5 - VisaJourney .

9. Current events section where many are talking about different issues that are impacting our lives. Current Events and Hot Social Topics - VisaJourney

10. And there is immigration news forum found here US Immigration News and Discussion - VisaJourney

Well folks, there is some things to discover while learning. Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Happy new year from Australia everyone! 🎉 let’s hope 2021 is our year! 

I’m trying to figure out how to read the graphs on the processing guides page. My fiancé and I sent our I-129F in on December 23rd. Does this mean ours is processed around now? 32DD8B3A-A4B1-4C9B-AC68-A3FDD0B33694.thumb.png.7bfa43426b5f156ee7a476fc4258c506.png

10 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

Happy new year from Australia everyone! 🎉 let’s hope 2021 is our year! 

I’m trying to figure out how to read the graphs on the processing guides page. My fiancé and I sent our I-129F in on December 23rd. Does this mean ours is processed around now? 

I can't opine about the first graph as you cut off the information that the graph references from. Second graph is for those who are at Vermont Service Center which you are not, so no need to be fixated to that graph. The third graph is the amount of time it is taking the lockbox location TSC to issue a NOA1 letter. 

If you go to your timeline and enter your NOA1 then at the bottom you will begin to see estimates on how long it is taking between different steps.

Also, if you tap on your flag in your profile it will take you to a summarized page where there are many different tools you can use to follow your process compared to others. Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

The first graph I believe says CSC which I now assume means California service centre...? 

I will definitely update my NOA1 as soon as we receive! I thought I’d leave checking for updates on it for at least another 2 weeks given the delay plus on top of that the holiday period. Knowing me once I start checking I become obsessed and won’t stop. 

thank you I will definitely check the Aus specific forums! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/2/2021 at 5:35 AM, AishaniA93 said:

The first graph I believe says CSC which I now assume means California service centre...? 

I will definitely update my NOA1 as soon as we receive! I thought I’d leave checking for updates on it for at least another 2 weeks given the delay plus on top of that the holiday period. Knowing me once I start checking I become obsessed and won’t stop. 

thank you I will definitely check the Aus specific forums! 

This is us too! They received ours on the 30th. Already banking on a Feb NOA1 😅

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jonathan R said:

Hello to everyone! My I 129f was delivered on december 24. The money order hasn’t  been chashed and I haven’t received NOA 1 yet. Is this normal? 

Mine was delivered November 12th, and we have people from October that haven't gotten their NOA1 yet.  It's gonna be a while, mate.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

USCIS Lockbox Updates
Release Date 
01/08/2021

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other factors, USCIS is experiencing delays in issuing receipt notices for some applications and petitions filed at a USCIS lockbox facility. The information below explains the current state of our lockbox operations and the issues affecting receipt notices.

Current Situation

As a result of COVID-19 restrictions, an increase in filings, current postal service volume and other external factors, you may experience a delay of four to six weeks in receiving your receipt notice after properly filing an application or petition with a USCIS lockbox. These delays will not affect the receipt date which is determined pursuant to 8 C.F.R. 103.2(a)(7). Delays may vary among form types and lockbox locations. In some cases, you may experience significant delays if you filed a non-family based Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, based on eligibility categories described in 8 C.F.R. 274a.12(c)(3), relating to F-1 students.

The health and safety of our workforce remains a top priority. Across all USCIS offices, including lockbox facilities, the agency has taken necessary measures such as increased social distancing and frequent cleaning in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Some lockbox operations in locations that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 must adhere to stricter local guidelines.

Comment:  USCIS has said that with the current delays receipt dates will not be affected. In the past with a similar delay, they also stated that receipt dates would be honored. Currently we are seeing all NOA-1 messages using the receipt date at the lockbox, rather than the in-processing date

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.