neo_ny

November 2020 Concurrent filing I-130/I-485

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, neo_ny said:

Finally I am able to share a worthwhile update for my mom's case - looks like both her EAD and AP were approved on 8/11, still waiting for the documents in the mail!  Just to recap her timeline:

11/25/2020 - Applications received

7/1/2021 - Biometrics (got the notice after raising an expedite request for EAD)

8/11/2021 - EAD/AP approved (re-raised the expedite request for EAD on 7/6/2021, not sure if it had anything to do with the approval or not)

I-485/I-130 still showing the initial case received status - so unsure about the next steps but happy to have atleast gotten her EAD/AP approved!

Hope to see more positive updates from folks on here, good luck everyone!

8/17/21 - EAD/AP combo card received.  Hopefully SSN will soon follow!  Quick question - are there any folks whose I-485 status is stuck at Fingerprint fee received even after biometrics and EAD/AP approval?

On 7/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, perm resi spouse said:

Hi, all

I just found this thread and I also wanted to share my status.

I'm at National Benefits Center (MSC) and filed concurrently. Currently maintaining my H-1 status.

11/23 I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 package mailed

11/24 Package arrived at USCIS

11/30 I-485 "Fingerprint fee received"

12/08 Received receipts in the mail

06/?? Received biometrics appt notice in the mail

07/08 Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

07/12 I-485 "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". No update on I-131 (AP) or I-765 (EAD).

Update

8/18 I-765 (EAD) “Card is being produced”

There’s no status update on I-131 but I’m hoping they’ll still send me a EAD/AP combo card.

I was hoping for an interview to be scheduled, but progress is progress! Better than nothing :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

11/23/2020:  I-130/I-485/I-765 package mailed via UPS

11/24/2020:  Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12/01/2020:  Checks cashed

12/08/2020:  Received text messages with all three receipt numbers

12/19/2020:  Received paper receipt notices

07/17/2021:  ASC Appointment Notice Date (Biometrics) (Letter received 07/24/2021)

08/09/2021:  Biometrics appointment for I-485/I-765

We're being processed through the National Benefits Center + Jacksonville, FL field office.

Just got the following status updates on USCIS's website (no new mail yet):

08/16/2021:  I-485 interview being scheduled

08/18/2021:  I-765 EAD card being produced

God bless!

Edited by Stephen & Lu

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, Misscloud said:

hi i just wondering, why do you think your case is outside of normal processing time? because i just look at portland, OR and it said i-485 still doing 8/9/2019 ?  im on the same boat with u PD 11/30/2020 in potomac and my i-130 current processing is 3/11/2020

to talk with real person EMMA, keep saying technical problem / issue / difficulty. we can talk with real person at that time

Outside of normal processing times for the work authorization and travel document, and especially the biometrics - as to the actual green card i'm under no illusion that that one is due anytime soon 😅

Good news though, I have my biometrics now scheduled for in a couple of days ! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 8/18/2021 at 6:48 AM, neo_ny said:

8/17/21 - EAD/AP combo card received.  Hopefully SSN will soon follow!  Quick question - are there any folks whose I-485 status is stuck at Fingerprint fee received even after biometrics and EAD/AP approval?

Don't we have to apply for SSN on our own? Or maybe that's what you meant :)

Congrats for this big step, I'm getting ready for it as well ! Hopefully soon !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/18/2021 at 5:48 AM, neo_ny said:

If you don't have it yet, I'd call SSA ASAP.

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Maerica said:

Don't we have to apply for SSN on our own? Or maybe that's what you meant :)

Congrats for this big step, I'm getting ready for it as well ! Hopefully soon !

We had checked the box on I-765 to apply for new SSN, my understanding is that (at least in theory) USCIS needs to forward the information to SSA to generate SSN.  If it doesn't, you are right that we will need to get an appointment/visit the SSA office to apply for one.

1 hour ago, Skyman said:

If you don't have it yet, I'd call SSA ASAP.

Don't have it yet, was going to wait until the end of this coming week before following up with them.

Anyway, I just checked the status of my mom's I-485, and it is now updated to "New card is bring produced" on 8/27.  I take it as a very positive sign that the process might be coming to an end for us!  The I-485 and I-130 status (still at the original application received status) have not been updated to approved yet but I think that might be happening soon!  I was hoping/expecting interview waiver based on recent parents' cases and it definitely seems like that'll be the case with us!  Biometrics might've been the biggest bottleneck since after that the case has progressed pretty swiftly!

I'll post with any further updates.  I wish that everyone's cases start to see some real progress soon!

Timeline

I heard adjustment of status applicants are going to be required to get the covid vaccine from October 1rst. Still haven't seen anything about this on the website of USCIS... 

Don't know how official this is 

1 minute ago, Maerica said:

I heard adjustment of status applicants are going to be required to get the covid vaccine from October 1rst. Still haven't seen anything about this on the website of USCIS... 

Yesterday I checked there’s none stated from uscis website yet.  But I doesn’t matter for me, I already have the vaccination since March 2021 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Maerica said:

That's what I've read also.  I'm wondering how current filers may be affected. Our interview and I-693 turn in is the 29th so we may be one of the last without that requirement. 

Nothing updated on the CDC vaccine list yet.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fimmigrantrefugeehealth%2Fexams%2Fti%2Fcivil%2Fvaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Edited by Skyman

Timeline
On 9/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Skyman said:

That's what I've read also.  I'm wondering how current filers may be affected. Our interview and I-693 turn in is the 29th so we may be one of the last without that requirement. 

Nothing updated on the CDC vaccine list yet.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fimmigrantrefugeehealth%2Fexams%2Fti%2Fcivil%2Fvaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

I'm hoping it will only apply to the new filers ! Let's see 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maerica said:

I'm hoping it will only apply to the new filers ! Let's see 

I'm hoping they pull their heads out and drop the mandates.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:53 PM, apd said:

Another update regarding my status:

8/13/2021 - EAD was approved

I'm still waiting for the actual card in the mail, but this is still a nice update to have.

Latest update: We had our interview today (Sept 7) and the interview went smoothly. Upon checking our status later today in myuscis, it said that "New card is being produced".

Timeline
On 9/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, Skyman said:

I'm hoping they pull their heads out and drop the mandates.

I'm wondering if I should do the medical exam now so I'm not affected by the mandate... Do you know how long is the physical valid for? 

I'm not antivax at all but I'm mostly home, in the US for a year now so I'm obviously not bringing any disease here, never been sick of flu/covid and my biggest reason, trying to have a baby, so I just don't see any benefits for ME to get the jabs. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maerica said:

I'm wondering if I should do the medical exam now so I'm not affected by the mandate... Do you know how long is the physical valid for? 

At least 2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.