neo_ny

November 2020 Concurrent filing I-130/I-485

121 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

Anyone has their I-130 approved yet even though no interview date for I-485? I know slim chance since most of it THe I-130 is adjudicate after GC interview. But worth to ask I guess ? The reason I ask because my USC husband only filed I-130

E-filed my wife's 130 middle of September, sent in the 485 about Christmas. 130 was approved 1 June and she did bio 11 June. No interview yet.

2 hours ago, Skyman said:

E-filed my wife's 130 middle of September, sent in the 485 about Christmas. 130 was approved 1 June and she did bio 11 June. No interview yet.

Thank you! So it’s around 10 montsh for the petition. Ive been waiting for 8 months now. My PD is November 2020

Timeline
2 hours ago, Misscloud said:

Thank you! So it’s around 10 montsh for the petition. Ive been waiting for 8 months now. My PD is November 2020

It was 8.5 months for our 130. The PD on our 485 is September 16, same as the 130 but I'm told PD doesn't matter for the 485 and they by the receipt date. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Finally got the letter for the biometrics appointment at the Jacksonville FL field office! Here's our updated timeline:

On 3/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, Stephen & Lu said:

11/23/2020:  I-130/I-485/I-765 package mailed via UPS

11/24/2020:  Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12/01/2020:  Checks cashed

12/08/2020:  Received text messages with all three receipt numbers

12/19/2020:  Received paper receipt notices

07/17/2021: ASC Appointment Notice Date (Biometrics) (Letter received 07/24/2021)

08/09/2021: Biometrics appointment for I-485/I-765

Our application is being processed through the National Benefits Center.

Good luck everybody! :)

Filed: Timeline
On 7/15/2021 at 11:45 PM, Skyman said:

Pretty much just asking why we wanted to expedite. I had chatted a few days before and they said they would put in the expedite, then we got the call and I explained why we needed it. She said she would put it in and the NBC would probably call in week for more evidence but it's been 2 weeks. 

Any updates on the ER?  Did you hear back from Cruz's office? Its been radio silence for my mom's case, stuck at ER received status since 7/6 - no call/email or request for evidence..

On 7/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, Maerica said:

I'm a little mad, just live chat with USCIS, told me "You just had your biometrics on 07/16"... Oh yeah did I? hahah Never received any mail, any email, any phonecall, wasn't even aware it had been scheduled... Didn't show on "my USCIS"... I was patient until now, but this really made me sad... been waiting that long and they are not even able to send a mail or update status on their own website. I don't feel respected at all 

Sorry to hear, were you able to straighten it out?

Timeline
3 hours ago, neo_ny said:

Any updates on the ER?  Did you hear back from Cruz's office? Its been radio silence for my mom's case, stuck at ER received status since 7/6 - no call/email or request for evidence..

No, just crickets. Case has been "actively being reviewed" for over 6 weeks now.

Hi guys I am following both November and December threads because i submitted my mother's I-130 petition online on 11/13/2020 and all the other forms in December/2020. So far it is moving super slow. We finally got her biometrics appointment scheduled to 08/13 after requesting to expedite I-765. Funny thing is that we never got a message letting us know that was approved just received the biometrics appointment in the mail.

I also tried to request to expedite I-130 they asked for evidence which we submitted and got rejected because they said they had too many requests for the same reason (medical) and they were increasing the requirements to approve those kind of requests and out evidence did not meet those requirements. 🙄

Anyways I will update here when I hear anything else but things are moving super slow!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, neo_ny said:

Sorry to hear, were you able to straighten it out?

Hey ! Yes, today an agent on live chat told me I got rescheduled on 08/16 (but she said at 9PM?! maybe she made a mistake? Or do this poor people really work that late?) but USCIS prints my address in such a way that my apt number doesn't show on there so the mail goes back to them. The agent scheduled a call from a tier 2 representative, I guess they will be able to tell me where I can retreive the appointment notice without having it in the mail.

But I'm glad it did not take more than a month to be rescheduled ! I feel much better than last time I posted 🤣

On 7/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, apd said:

This is my latest update based on my.uscis.gov:

July 20, 2021 Interview Was Scheduled

July 15, 2021 We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.

My question: How soon would I receive a mail from USCIS and know my actual interview schedule?

Quick Update:

July 26, 2021 - I received notice in the mail informing me of my interview schedule

My PD was November 12, 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

I filled at the end of October (case received November 4th, NOA1 on 20th November) and haven't received anything except a notice to tell me to bring the notes from the doctor's appointment to my interview. My case went to MSC but it should be processed in Portland, Oregon I think. 

I also filled out the "case outside of normal processing time" forms on late May and never heard back. 

I can't seem to get past 'Emma' the bot on the phone and on chat. 

Anyone on the same boat? 

Does anyone know how to speak with a real person? 

22 minutes ago, ELV said:

I filled at the end of October (case received November 4th, NOA1 on 20th November) and haven't received anything except a notice to tell me to bring the notes from the doctor's appointment to my interview. My case went to MSC but it should be processed in Portland, Oregon I think. 

I also filled out the "case outside of normal processing time" forms on late May and never heard back. 

I can't seem to get past 'Emma' the bot on the phone and on chat. 

Anyone on the same boat? 

Does anyone know how to speak with a real person? 

hi i just wondering, why do you think your case is outside of normal processing time? because i just look at portland, OR and it said i-485 still doing 8/9/2019 ?  im on the same boat with u PD 11/30/2020 in potomac and my i-130 current processing is 3/11/2020

to talk with real person EMMA, keep saying technical problem / issue / difficulty. we can talk with real person at that time

Edited by Misscloud

Finally I am able to share a worthwhile update for my mom's case - looks like both her EAD and AP were approved on 8/11, still waiting for the documents in the mail!  Just to recap her timeline:

11/25/2020 - Applications received

7/1/2021 - Biometrics (got the notice after raising an expedite request for EAD)

8/11/2021 - EAD/AP approved (re-raised the expedite request for EAD on 7/6/2021, not sure if it had anything to do with the approval or not)

I-485/I-130 still showing the initial case received status - so unsure about the next steps but happy to have atleast gotten her EAD/AP approved!

Hope to see more positive updates from folks on here, good luck everyone!

On 7/29/2021 at 4:13 PM, apd said:

Quick Update:

July 26, 2021 - I received notice in the mail informing me of my interview schedule

My PD was November 12, 2020.

Another update regarding my status:

8/13/2021 - EAD was approved

I'm still waiting for the actual card in the mail, but this is still a nice update to have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.