emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, darymak said:

The really first time I worked with the lawyer, this time I decided to do it myself. It is way easier. If you have any questions let me know. 

Darymak, I was corrected about the passport photos. Other members told me they aren’t needed. I think I’m going to send them anyways lol, I better be safe then sorry!

7 hours ago, Marla W said:

Super silly question, but I’m newbie and trying to understand. I’ve seen a lot of “NOA”, “AOS” and so. And I don’t know what they stand for, is there a list of abbreviations I can look for here?

Is everyone using black ink? Or transferring the pdf format to doc and filling in the computer?  I have terrible handwriting 🙈

is the I-751 form with the 2019 date the one to go still?

There are many more experienced people than I am, so let them correct me if I am wrong 😅

NOA refers to Notice of Action. Not sure if in the case of Removal of Conditions that refers to the letter you get by mail that extends your green card validity by a year. AOS refers to Adjustment of Status that is needed from some visa categories. I've understood that the K-1 fiance visa is one of these as the new immigrant is not allowed to work in the US until their AOS goes through.

I was gonna fill the I-751 form with blue ink, but for once in my life I read (part of) the instructions, and ended up filling it correctly (I hope) with a black ink. The PDF form is actually fillable so you could technically fill it out, even save the changes and print it again and again. I know some PDF files don't allow saving what you input in the fields, but the form from USCIS did allow for that.

If the USCIS form that supposedly expired 12/31/19 was the wrong one, I am thinking most of us are screwed 🧐😂

Edit: Also, I understood passport photos were only required if applying from abroad or something. We didn't send any with the package. They are supposedly doing a biometrics appointment later, right?

Edited by Locito

Getting there, slowly but surely...  (I hope )

Together (well...mostly the Transatlanticism kind of together) Since 12/2013

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
(Well Frontloaded) I-130 Sent 12/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

I-751 Package Sent with UPS 11/11/2020
I-751 Received by the AZ Lockbox 11/13/2020
I-751 Check Cashed 12/31/2020
I-797 (with My Last Name Misspelled...) Received by Mail 1/2/2021

Biometrics Appointment Received by Mail...too bad I am in Europe right when it's supposed to take place 🤯 6/14/2021

Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment, the biometric technician can't change the misspelled name on file, but he enters the correct spelling of my last name as an alias 8/2/2021

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled 10/13/2021

(Two Days Later) Interview Was Scheduled 😱 10/15/2021

I-751 Interview, Petition Approved 🥳 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to New Card Is Being Produced 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to Case Was Approved 11/22/2021

Green Card Arrived in the Mail (Name Correctly Spelling, w00t) 11/27/2021

When USCIS Misspells Your Name:

Typographical error form filled on USCIS website 1/4/2021
Contacted USCIS if there has been any progress since THEIR error (Received a Tier 1 tracking number) 2/6/2021
Contacted USCIS again as the issue remains to be resolved (Received ANOTHER Tier 1 tracking number) 3/12/2021
Apparently USCIS chat is worthless; CALLED USCIS, Tier 1 agent promised that a Tier 2 agent would call me 4/28/2021
Received a call from a nice Tier 2 officer who said I may or may not get a correct extension letter, but just in case I would be scheduled an InfoPASS appointment 5/4/2021
Went to local USCIS service center and had to deal with a nasty and entitled customer service agent who refused to give me an I-551 stamp. National Benefits Center is supposed to mail me another I-797 within 7-10 days... So I had to waste my day, taking buses for two hours one-way just to deal with this lady's attitude? 5/7/2021

After anxiously monitoring our mailbox for a few days I DID receive a corrected I-797, w00t! All documents good to go Vaccinated Ready to visit my parents in Europe for the first time in 17 months!!  5/13/2021

The lesson: Don't use the chat for anything complicated, AND keep hassling USCIS for a response...

I don't know if I should ask this in the taxes and immigration subforum, but did anyone in this thread have trouble getting a tax transcript for 2019 taxes to be sent with the I-751 package? We filed mid-March, IRS cashed the check fast, but since then nothing at all.

Prior to sending the I-751, we had a frustrating one hour and a half call with several douchy IRS phone reps who kept transferring us from department to department without ever providing conclusive answer. We had to file on paper since it was my first year in the country 2019 (dual-status alien), and I am shocked how awful the tax system here is. In Scandinavia I am just used to clicking with the mouse a few times once a year and ending up with a small refund/sum to pay.

So since the whole thing with IRS was so hopeless, we just ended up writing a statement we both signed saying we filed state and federal taxes together bla bla bla and attached a picture of a cashed tax check as well as bank transactions including our state tax return.

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

Biometrics Appointment Received by Mail...too bad I am in Europe right when it's supposed to take place 🤯 6/14/2021

Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment, the biometric technician can't change the misspelled name on file, but he enters the correct spelling of my last name as an alias 8/2/2021

Contacted USCIS if there has been any progress since THEIR error (Received a Tier 1 tracking number) 2/6/2021
Contacted USCIS again as the issue remains to be resolved (Received ANOTHER Tier 1 tracking number) 3/12/2021
Apparently USCIS chat is worthless; CALLED USCIS, Tier 1 agent promised that a Tier 2 agent would call me 4/28/2021
Received a call from a nice Tier 2 officer who said I may or may not get a correct extension letter, but just in case I would be scheduled an InfoPASS appointment 5/4/2021
Went to local USCIS service center and had to deal with a nasty and entitled customer service agent who refused to give me an I-551 stamp. National Benefits Center is supposed to mail me another I-797 within 7-10 days... So I had to waste my day, taking buses for two hours one-way just to deal with this lady's attitude? 5/7/2021

After anxiously monitoring our mailbox for a few days I DID receive a corrected I-797, w00t! All documents good to go Vaccinated Ready to visit my parents in Europe for the first time in 17 months!!  5/13/2021

The lesson: Don't use the chat for anything complicated, AND keep hassling USCIS for a response...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Locito said:

There are many more experienced people than I am, so let them correct me if I am wrong 😅

NOA refers to Notice of Action. Not sure if in the case of Removal of Conditions that refers to the letter you get by mail that extends your green card validity by a year. AOS refers to Adjustment of Status that is needed from some visa categories. I've understood that the K-1 fiance visa is one of these as the new immigrant is not allowed to work in the US until their AOS goes through.

I was gonna fill the I-751 form with blue ink, but for once in my life I read (part of) the instructions, and ended up filling it correctly (I hope) with a black ink. The PDF form is actually fillable so you could technically fill it out, even save the changes and print it again and again. I know some PDF files don't allow saving what you input in the fields, but the form from USCIS did allow for that.

If the USCIS form that supposedly expired 12/31/19 was the wrong one, I am thinking most of us are screwed 🧐😂

Edit: Also, I understood passport photos were only required if applying from abroad or something. We didn't send any with the package. They are supposedly doing a biometrics appointment later, right?

Locito, thank you for taking the time to answer! I really appreciated it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Locito said:

I don't know if I should ask this in the taxes and immigration subforum, but did anyone in this thread have trouble getting a tax transcript for 2019 taxes to be sent with the I-751 package? We filed mid-March, IRS cashed the check fast, but since then nothing at all.

Prior to sending the I-751, we had a frustrating one hour and a half call with several douchy IRS phone reps who kept transferring us from department to department without ever providing conclusive answer. We had to file on paper since it was my first year in the country 2019 (dual-status alien), and I am shocked how awful the tax system here is. In Scandinavia I am just used to clicking with the mouse a few times once a year and ending up with a small refund/sum to pay.

So since the whole thing with IRS was so hopeless, we just ended up writing a statement we both signed saying we filed state and federal taxes together bla bla bla and attached a picture of a cashed tax check as well as bank transactions including our state tax return.

I downloaded my tax transcript from the IRS website. never actually had to talk to anyone. I prepared my own tax return for 2019 with one of the online services, and send that instead of the transcripts, because the IRS shortens your full name to a unreadable name. I did get a snail mail letter informing me that someone asked for my tax transcript online from the IRS. I agree, the system is meant to be difficult, so that those tax preprarer like H&R, TurboTax can exist. I am not sure about not having send your filed tax returns and just sending out statements. It might cause a RFE. Hope for the best. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hey there! Its been a couple years but I'm back! We sent our package on 11/7. It seems like it got to the lockbox, but just says its not yet been delivered.. but its at the USPS Phoenix facility. Has anyone ever had this problem? Not sure if its actually lost, or if USCIS just hasn't picked up the PO box bin yet. 

They might not pick up the batches of mail every day. It probably takes a few days for them to pick it up and then another few days to even confirm that they have received the actual file. I remember this from filling I-129F, AOS, EAD and others.

5 hours ago, ROC-AL said:

I downloaded my tax transcript from the IRS website. never actually had to talk to anyone. I prepared my own tax return for 2019 with one of the online services, and send that instead of the transcripts, because the IRS shortens your full name to a unreadable name. I did get a snail mail letter informing me that someone asked for my tax transcript online from the IRS. I agree, the system is meant to be difficult, so that those tax preprarer like H&R, TurboTax can exist. I am not sure about not having send your filed tax returns and just sending out statements. It might cause a RFE. Hope for the best. 

Thanks. Yep, hoping for the best. Unfortunately it looks like they haven't even processed our joint return for 2019 yet as no tax transcript is available through IRS account. Clicking on the tax year just gives a basic computer-generated letter saying there is no record of filing. If this indeed does lead to an RFE, I guess I have to contact IRS tax payer advocate or something. Their help is supposedly free.

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/13/2020 at 6:31 PM, ROC-AL said:

Random question to this months group, are any of you guys planing to file for N-400 next year in November, even if ROC is not been adjudicated?

Howdy
Yep yep. Hubby and I planning to get immigration over with ASAP
Going for that 3 year rule

Timeline
On 11/15/2020 at 8:25 AM, ROC-AL said:

Is the G-1145 notification for as soon as they have received the package, or once processing starts on our file? Is the NOA taking 6 weeks now?

Thanks

It is definitely not when package is received
IF you check the October thread for example, it's taking 2-3 weeks after package is delivered to get a text/email notification

NOA coming takes 4-6 weeks from what am seeing.

Sigh- everyone buckle in. It's a bumpy ride ahead

Timeline

The wait is driving me insane
Any movements November folks? SOMEONE please tell me they got a text. ayeeeeeee

oh- also update your info here please :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8qNTxz14bzeqOY0Pzk-F0NAWwB42Mr9ypfpwwgm1VU/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

The wait is driving me insane
Any movements November folks? SOMEONE please tell me they got a text. ayeeeeeee

oh- also update your info here please :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8qNTxz14bzeqOY0Pzk-F0NAWwB42Mr9ypfpwwgm1VU/edit#gid=0

Nothing here yet.. But only sent in on 11/7 and arrived on 11/10. Never wanted a charge on my credit card so badly 😆

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Nothing here yet.. But only sent in on 11/7 and arrived on 11/10. Never wanted a charge on my credit card so badly 😆

We're a couple days ahead of ya
Sigh- I've got the cash sitting in my bank account and am budgeting for Holidays- and having to remember that the cash is not part of the budget. Ha! USCIS just take ur stupid money. ayee

Timeline

Our window finally open and sent our package out. 11/17/2020. Hoping to have this over before November 2021, so we can file N-400 and be done with immigration

Back at it again. Package delivered on 11/16/20. Waiting for notifications and Extension Letter. 

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.