Mr Trav

St Luke Medical---without an interview?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all

My wife just got approved for an expedited interview in Manila. I was told by some helpful folks here that she can get her medical prior to getting the interview date set. My question is...can she simply make the appointment and go WITHOUT A VISA APPOINTMENT LETTER?

Also, how long are these medicals good for?

This is for an IR1 (spousal). Thanks!

I just do not want to give her the wrong information. She is very moody and I do not want to deal with her wrath if I am wrong and she goes there for nothing. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mr Trav said:

Hello all

My wife just got approved for an expedited interview in Manila. I was told by some helpful folks here that she can get her medical prior to getting the interview date set. My question is...can she simply make the appointment and go WITHOUT A VISA APPOINTMENT LETTER?

I just do not want to give her the wrong information. She is very moody and I do not want to deal with her wrath if I am wrong and she goes there for nothing. 

They instituted an appointment only system back in June but had a period where the system wasn't working.   Best to check the website to see current status.  I would expect they are back to appointment only 

YMMV

2 hours ago, Mr Trav said:

Hello all

Online appointment is working. I set mine last week and right now am on the way to SLEC. The visa appointment letter is not mandatory (SLEC says “if available”) but i read from here to better bring the printed NVC expedite approval email. This is part of the email SLEC sent me:

This is to remind you of your scheduled U.S. visa medical examination appointment on 29 October 2020. 

Please bring the following: 

• Passport (original and (1) photocopy of biographic page) 
  • Visa pictures (4 pieces) 
  • Visa appointment schedule (if available)
  • Bank payment confirmation slip (if applicable) 
  • Printout of appointment letter 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr Trav said:

Hello all

Do read section B.

https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.php#required-docs

1. REGULAR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
  2. EACH APPLICANT MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) or Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the Embassy or Appointment Confirmation from the Call Center

• Principal Applicant - original & 1 photocopy
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each
      If Interview letter or Visa Interview Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copy for each derivative
    2. Valid passport
    3. 1 photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information. Photocopy on short bond paper. Passport photocopy should be the same size as the original, not enlarged or reduced.
    4. 4 pieces recent 2"x2" visa photos (see visa photo guide), 3 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IDENTICAL. Write the applicant's complete name at the back of each photo.

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.

5. For applicants who registered online, 1 copy of the online registration confirmation email
    6. Applicants who did not register online are required to provide the name, address (include city, state, and zip code), contact number, and email address of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

• Minors (17 years old and below) must be accompanied by their parent or by a legal guardian who has thorough knowledge of the child's medical history.

The parent or legal guardian must present a government issued ID (original and 2 photocopies)

In case the companion is not the legal guardian, the following documents must be presented:

• Letter of Authorization or Special power of attorney stating that the companion is authorized to sign on behalf of the parent
      • 2 photocopies of the Parent's government issued ID
      • Authorized companion's government issued ID, original and 2 photocopies

• Additional documents that you may bring, if applicable

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, justinedr said:

Online appointment is working. I set mine last week and right now am on the way to SLEC. The visa appointment letter is not mandatory (SLEC says “if available”) but i read from here to better bring the printed NVC expedite approval email. This is part of the email SLEC sent me:

This is to remind you of your scheduled U.S. visa medical examination appointment on 29 October 2020. 

Please bring the following: 

• Passport (original and (1) photocopy of biographic page) 
  • Visa pictures (4 pieces) 
  • Visa appointment schedule (if available)
  • Bank payment confirmation slip (if applicable) 
  • Printout of appointment letter 

Hi. Just an update while im in queue waiting for my turn on the physical... at the registration, since i dont have a visa appointment schedule/letter yet, they accepted the nvc expedite approval email. But they asked me to write a waiver on a piece of paper. They have a waiver template for us to copy. Waiver basically says you’ve been informed that visa validity is dependent on your medical date and that you understand the risk of taking the medical early/without a definite visa appointment date. Medical is good for 6 months for visa purposes. I believe it’s valid for 1 year but for a different purpose (AOS if i recall, not sure, as im crossing one bridge at a time lol).

Edited by justinedr

19 hours ago, Mr Trav said:

Wow ... a moody Filipina? Who would have  thougt

On 10/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, Mr Trav said:

Hello all

I had expedited my case but didnt do the medical prior because it was difficult to travel,luckily when i was able to travel and was already in manila, they emailed me my interview schedule. Some filipinas i spoke to couldnt believe i have an interview date already because they said they had to email the embassy that theyre done with medical so they can have their schedule of interview.

They do interviews for spouse visas, you just need to wait for your schedule i guess but if you want to risk and have her get her medical before getting an interview date its up to you.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:08 AM, Mr Trav said:

Hello all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.