JordynLDiMarco

Won't have medical exam back in time for date of interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

I am a Canadian professional athlete who plays in the U.S. on a P1 visa. My season ended Oct 17 and got notice of my green card interview (been 2.5 years since the process began) on Oct 14 so I headed home to Canada right away. With the two week quarantine restriction it left me with 5 days to do my medical exam and get the results back before the interview. I get out of quarantine this Sunday, and there weren't offering medicals in Montreal on the Monday so I went with the earliest appointment on the Tuesday. This leaves me with the rest of Tuesday, Weds, Thurs, Friday and Monday morning. I am stressed I will not have it in time and I have been told that they will provide a letter to the embassy and I will have to give them them the results when I receive them which would delay the approval. Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, how long did it take for them to approve your medical after your interview and after you received the results from it. 

Any insight would be much appreciated. After such a long time I don't want any delays :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

Hi All,

I am a Canadian professional athlete who plays in the U.S. on a P1 visa. My season ended Oct 17 and got notice of my green card interview (been 2.5 years since the process began) on Oct 14 so I headed home to Canada right away. With the two week quarantine restriction it left me with 5 days to do my medical exam and get the results back before the interview. I get out of quarantine this Sunday, and there weren't offering medicals in Montreal on the Monday so I went with the earliest appointment on the Tuesday. This leaves me with the rest of Tuesday, Weds, Thurs, Friday and Monday morning. I am stressed I will not have it in time and I have been told that they will provide a letter to the embassy and I will have to give them them the results when I receive them which would delay the approval. Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, how long did it take for them to approve your medical after your interview and after you received the results from it. 

Any insight would be much appreciated. After such a long time I don't want any delays :(

Common situation.   Relax. You will receive a 221g for the missing medical. 

Pre pandemic 2 weeks to 30 days after receipt.  Now, anyone's guess.

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you!! 

2 weeks to 30 days pre cover is quite long :(  has anyone experienced this post covid? or has anyone received a medical in less than 5 days. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

Thank you!! 

2 weeks to 30 days pre cover is quite long :(  has anyone experienced this post covid? or has anyone received a medical in less than 5 days. 

2 weeks to 30 days was for the issuance of the visa not the medical.   There is a Canadian regional forum,  you may find it beneficial to visit there

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Yes! thank you I understood that. Do they keep your passport while waiting for the medical? are you allowed to travel or have to wait for approval? 

trying to find Canadian regional forum :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Depends on the medical facility. My wife did her medical and was able to return the next day for a copy of it, every facility is different. Mention it during the exam, and maybe they can have it ready earlier for you.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

Yes! thank you I understood that. Do they keep your passport while waiting for the medical? are you allowed to travel or have to wait for approval? 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

YMMV

16 hours ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

Obviously you cannot travel across borders without a passport.

Just now, Cndn said:

CAN-US different. I’ve travelled hundreds (maybe thousands) of times with a drivers license or nexus card. 

Right.  But she can't enter on a particular visa without the visa and passport in hand.

Timeline

I was wondering if they hold your passport until they receive your missing docs, or if you take it back with you and mail it back to them. 

Edited by JordynLDiMarco

Timeline
32 minutes ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

I was wondering if they hold your passport until they receive your missing docs, or if you take it back with you and mail it back to them. 

They might hold it unless you say something.   That's a discussion item between you and the consular officer 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, JordynLDiMarco said:

For me they hold it...but I was approved 3 days after they recive my medical...and that was in September...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, from Ir1/CR1 P&P - as the question is country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.