immoo2001

I get LP 01/01/2015, I have back and forth 12/31/2015, 4 time, 2 trip are less than 6 months

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So i am filing N400 :) , fulfills the residency requirement of five years.

I have made multiple trips (04) out of country but there are two (2) trips which i took in one year both are less than 6 months long back to back (between these trips just came to usa for 10 days).

Question 1; Is this is a problem to meet continuous residency requirement? My understanding is you cannot stay out of country more than six months, if under six months then its good. These trips i made first year as i have to take care of some stuff back home.

During above mentioned trips basically I am handing over my job/work to new appointee as I resigned and as agreed for proper handover.

Question 2 ; Should I mentioned my employer name, address and tenor which I had severed initial 5 months in my first year of LP? Suppose I get LP 01/01/2015, I have back and forth 12/31/2015, 4 time, 2 trip are less than 6 months and during this back and forth I served my ex employer for proper hand over and tanning!

Please advice thanks

Need more information.. 

how many days exactly were you out of the country since obtaining LPR status and dates of travel.. you said two trips less then 6 months... does that mean 2 trips more than 6 months? 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, immoo2001 said:

So i am filing N400 :) , fulfills the residency requirement of five years.

I have made multiple trips (04) out of country but there are two (2) trips which i took in one year both are less than 6 months long back to back (between these trips just came to usa for 10 days).

Question 1; Is this is a problem to meet continuous residency requirement? My understanding is you cannot stay out of country more than six months, if under six months then its good. These trips i made first year as i have to take care of some stuff back home.

There is necessary and sufficient. What you've done is necessary. It is up to a USCIS case officer to determine if what you did is sufficient.

Did you maintain a residence in the USA during these two trips? Did you file IRS tax rerturns? Did you continue to pay rent and/or mortgage/propety taxes? Do you have documents that prove it?

During above mentioned trips basically I am handing over my job/work to new appointee as I resigned and as agreed for proper handover.

Working outside the USA as an LPR does not look good. You will have to have a good explanation.

Question 2 ; Should I mentioned my employer name, address and tenor which I had severed initial 5 months in my first year of LP? Suppose I get LP 01/01/2015, I have back and forth 12/31/2015, 4 time, 2 trip are less than 6 months and during this back and forth I served my ex employer for proper hand over and tanning!

Please advice thanks

You are required to list employers per the N-400 instructions.

I did something similar to this, for similar reasons. Answer the questions truthfully. If you were residing and working in a different country at the time, that is what you write in the form. I did get my application approved, but officer asked a lot of questions about that part of it to determine residency. I got the feeling that what “saved” it was filing taxes through that year, which I presume you did. (I did not have a physical sole-use residence in the US during that time. )

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Let me explain the situation in more detail:

In (USA) Out (USA)
Year 1 80 275*
Year 2 159 206
Year 3 365 0
Year 4 365 0
Year 5 365 0
  1334 481

*1st Trip is 177 days, if we divided by 30 it's come 5.9 months, this is the longest trip in entire above mentioned 5 years!

During Year 1 and Year 2, I was back and froth for proper disposition of my stuff in back countries as visit more than one country!

Question 1; Is this is a problem to meet continuous residency requirement? My understanding is you cannot stay out of country more than six months in one single trip, if under six months then its good.

Question 2 ; Should I mentioned my employer name, address and tenor which I had severed in 1st Year of LP?

Please advice thanks

7 minutes ago, immoo2001 said:

Let me explain the situation in more detail:

In (USA) Out (USA)
Year 1 80 275*
Year 2 159 206
Year 3 365 0
Year 4 365 0
Year 5 365 0
  1334 481

*1st Trip is 177 days, if we divided by 30 it's come 5.9 months, this is the longest trip in entire above mentioned 5 years!

During Year 1 and Year 2, I was back and froth for proper disposition of my stuff in back countries as visit more than one country!

Question 1; Is this is a problem to meet continuous residency requirement? My understanding is you cannot stay out of country more than six months in one single trip, if under six months then its good.

Question 2 ; Should I mentioned my employer name, address and tenor which I had severed in 1st Year of LP?

Please advice thanks

Your questions were already answered. More detail does not change the answers.

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Your questions were already answered. More detail does not change the answers.

So just ignore it. You never know.  Maybe someone else that isn't you may have the very same exact case with the same exact days, and may somehow, by chance, know something you don't, "no matter how unlikely of a probability that could be" I am sure. 

19 minutes ago, ThaOne said:

So just ignore it. You never know.  Maybe someone else that isn't you may have the very same exact case with the same exact days, and may somehow, by chance, know something you don't, "no matter how unlikely of a probability that could be" I am sure. 

Wow, ok then. Good luck with that. Sorry you don’t like the answer you got from someone who’s already been there done that with the same situation if not the identical number of days. Remember false information on your n400 form can have serious consequences. Bye.

11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Wow, ok then. Good luck with that. Sorry you don’t like the answer you got from someone who’s already been there done that with the same situation if not the identical number of days. Remember false information on your n400 form can have serious consequences. Bye.

First of all, I am not the OP. 

Second, the OP is just asking what he should do. Thirdly where did the OP ever say that he wanted to give false information? 

You may have already gone through the process and no longer have anything to "worry" about, so you may have forgotten what it is, but some of the people who post here are going through those stressful times and seek reassurances and sometimes "over-reassurances" there is no need to be coming down on them if they ask too many questions to your liking. And just as a tip, it is possible that someone else in this world who has possibly been through the same thing may have something to add. Please point to the forum rules that specify that after SusieQQQ says something then the thread is over.

Just ignore a question if you want but don't tell people to stop posting and now play the victim.

Bye

1 hour ago, ThaOne said:

First of all, I am not the OP. 

Second, the OP is just asking what he should do. Thirdly where did the OP ever say that he wanted to give false information? 

You may have already gone through the process and no longer have anything to "worry" about, so you may have forgotten what it is, but some of the people who post here are going through those stressful times and seek reassurances and sometimes "over-reassurances" there is no need to be coming down on them if they ask too many questions to your liking. And just as a tip, it is possible that someone else in this world who has possibly been through the same thing may have something to add. Please point to the forum rules that specify that after SusieQQQ says something then the thread is over.

Just ignore a question if you want but don't tell people to stop posting and now play the victim.

Bye

Yes, I have gone through the process, and had almost exactly the same situation as the OP, hence my post explaining what I did. I did not check back to see if you were the OP, so not sure you why you felt the need to be busting in with that comment, and yes the OP did indeed ask twice about whether he should honestly post his residence/work information so it did seem he was leaning towards omitting in thinking he didn’t want to get into trouble, or something like that. My second comment was to point out that precise details did not matter. Whether someone stayed in the US for 7 or 10 days between two slightly less than 6 month absences does not change the outcome. I did not tell him to stop posting. I told him that the answer does not change.

You have contributed exactly zero to this thread other than to purposely annoy someone with an almost identical experience to OP who yes, did it successfully so I actually have something constructive to say and base my advice on. Why don’t you go find a thread that you can actually be constructive on rather than unhelpful drive-bys ?

Edited by SusieQQQ

32 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, I have gone through the process, and had almost exactly the same situation as the OP, hence my post explaining what I did. I did not check back to see if you were the OP, so not sure you why you felt the need to be busting in with that comment, and yes the OP did indeed ask twice about whether he should honestly post his residence/work information so it did seem he was leaning towards omitting in thinking he didn’t want to get into trouble, or something like that. My second comment was to point out that precise details did not matter. Whether someone stayed in the US for 7 or 10 days between two slightly less than 6 month absences does not change the outcome. I did not tell him to stop posting. I told him that the answer does not change.

You have contributed exactly zero to this thread other than to purposely annoy someone with an almost identical experience to OP who yes, did it successfully so I actually have something constructive to say and base my advice on. Why don’t you go find a thread that you can actually be constructive on rather than unhelpful drive-bys ?

The fact that now all of a sudden you use the word "ALMOST" as in you "almost had the same situation as the OP" makes my point. So I will reiterate my point. If the OP chooses to post what he wants to post that's his RIGHT even if YOU think it isn't good, and maybe someone who has , who knows, EXACTLY THE SAME (not ALMOST) situation as the OP may bring something to the table instead of telling him not to post further details if he so chooses to.

One of the questions/topics of the civics test is:

What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?*
▪ speech
▪ religion
▪ assembly
▪ press
▪ petition the government

Apparently you telling people that they shouldn't post additional info and telling me where or when I should post goes against that "free speech" thing. For your information studying for the civics test isn't something you do to just memorize the answers and pass a test, then once the test is gone you return to "your" ways. That is what would be called deception. So maybe you are the one who deceived and gave the interviewing officer responses you do not truly believe in? Luckily for you they can't revoke your citizenship based on responses given that you do not believe in. But just remember, in the US there are freedoms, including freedom of speech. You don't like it. You ignore it. This isn't Apartheid South Africa.

Bye.

Ok yes, maybe someone who had exactly 10 days rather than 7 days between that length of absence will post and come up with a different answer 🙄 I can’t be bothered to read the rest of your rant past the first sentence, or any further rants, they add nothing to anyone. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.