Cndn

Is there any movement in Seattle?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are March 1, 2019; just noticed they touch our case on 10/6/2020; still Scheduled for an Interview. No letter yet, it does not state Interview scheduled.  Seems like we have the longest wait in country. 

11 minutes ago, *GinaV* said:

We are March 1, 2019; just noticed they touch our case on 10/6/2020; still Scheduled for an Interview. No letter yet, it does not state Interview scheduled.  Seems like we have the longest wait in country. 

Thanks so much for letting me know. I filed on March 8th, 2019. Did you change the address? I wonder why they would “touch” your case? 

Sorry, I know you are looking for 2019 filers. I’m in Seattle, May 2020 filer, and still no biometric appointment. I can not work, can not leave the country, and having a lot of difficulties to adapt without that. Do not plan to travel anywhere, it is just horrible feeling that even in a emergency I’m trapped here. My professional career absolutely interrupted for God knows how long. I’m already insane.... 6 months and not even a biometrics appointment. 

I'm too a Seattle AOS filer (PD May 2019)
Here's what I have found so far recently.

A few days ago, from FB
-> I read a post of a marriage based AOS filer of Seattle (PD March 2019) that she got an 'interview scheduled' notice and now waiting for the actual interview date via mail.

2 weeks ago, from Seattle Green Card WhatsApp group
-> someone from the group got a chance to talk to a Tier-2 officer, and was told that the AOS interviews that Seattle FO is focusing on is for the people who filed in 2017. (not a typo. 2017)

12 minutes ago, Sierra Echo said:

A few days ago, from FB
-> I read a post of a marriage based AOS filer of Seattle (PD March 2019) that she got an 'interview scheduled' notice and now waiting for the actual interview date via mail.

-> someone from the group got a chance to talk to a Tier-2 officer, and was told that the AOS interviews that Seattle FO is focusing on is for the people who filed in 2017. (not a typo. 2017)

2017 that’s crazy. The receipt date for a case inquiry for Seattle family based AOS changed to April 2018. I think I’m going to also call uscis tomorrow and see what a tier 2 officer says about that. 

That’s great news about the FB one though because I’m a March 2019 filer too. 

Edited by Cndn

7 minutes ago, Cndn said:

2017 that’s crazy. The receipt date for a case inquiry for Seattle family based AOS changed to April 2018. I think I’m going to also call uscis tomorrow and see what a tier 2 officer says about that. 

That’s great news about the FB one though because I’m a March 2019 filer too. 

I know! 2017? That's ridiculous!
I hope the Tier-2 officer you will talk to has better answer such as 2017, 2018 interview is now done?

Please share with us if you talk with a Tier-2 officer.
For somehow I could not reach Tier-2 officer at all via call these days. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Gosh. I logged into VJ for the first time in a while and I happened to see this topic. Seattle's only just getting to 2017 filers?? Yikes. @Cndn did you end up talking to anyone?

As for us, we filed in July 2019 and unsurprisingly haven't heard anything. My husband's EAD/AP card expires next month, so we filed for the extension. But if the wait is gonna be two or three years for Seattle filers, then does everyone just have to do extension requests every six months?? I thought it could only be extended once. (Not that it matters hugely right now in our case, since we have no travel plans and my husband works in a field that is 100% shut down due to the pandemic).

10 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

But if the wait is gonna be two or three years for Seattle filers, then does everyone just have to do extension requests every six months?? I thought it could only be extended once.

You may renew EAD/AP as many times as you need while your AOS is pending.

Even before COVID, Seattle had been notorious for being one of the slowest field offices.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Even before COVID, Seattle had been notorious for being one of the slowest field offices.

Oh, yes, I knew this part. Even before the pandemic we expected to have to renew once, thanks to Seattle's long wait times. But I guess we'll just keep on renewing for as long as it takes! It's funny, when we found out I was pregnant we wondered which would come first, the baby or the green card interview invitation. I'm due in March, so I guess it's gonna be the baby for sure...

On 10/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, Cndn said:

I’m looking for signs that something is happening at the Seattle field office. I filed my AOS petition 20 months ago. Anyone 2019 Seattle filers that have had an interview scheduled recently? I’m starting to lose my mind. 

Try this page to see how many came in compared to what was processed. Looks like most areas are way behind now.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/I485_performancedata_fy2020_qtr3.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, Sierra Echo said:

A few days ago, from FB

can you share the link for Seattle Green Card WhatsApp group? Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, ChristinaLiu said:

can you share the link for Seattle Green Card WhatsApp group? Thanks. 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HaBysGiK9Ij3yCowg2YMYB

Regarding the previous post I have one important comment:

I'm a Seattle AOS filer (PD May 2020) and participant of the whatsapp group. This group is NOT only AOS family based. PD's for employment based are counted differently (the date is not the AOS receipt date, it is way before that), so read with care the comment below regarding the PD 2017. 

Someone from the same whatsapp group, AOS family based, PD Dec.2018, just got their interview scheduled for Dez. 2020. This person (PD Dec.2018) is the only one on this group waiting for such a long time for a interview in Seattle, AOS family based.  

"2 weeks ago, from Seattle Green Card WhatsApp group
-> someone from the group got a chance to talk to a Tier-2 officer, and was told that the AOS interviews that Seattle FO is focusing on is for the people who filed in 2017. (not a typo. 2017)"

Edited by marianabrasil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m a Dec 2018 K1 AoS filer and just received my interview schedule for Jan 2021 today. I’m also following people with the same timeline and field office on here and, by visual check, it’s 50/50 in terms of movement/no movement for Dec 2018 filers. Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.