InRainbows14

Any Sacramento, CA AoS Filers?

70 posts in this topic

I filed for AoS (based on K1) in January 2020, in Sacramento. I got lucky and managed to have Biometrics just before everything closed in March, and now have my EAD.

I see that other field offices seem to be doing Green Card interviews again, but the VisaJourney page for the Sacramento office hasn’t had an interview acceptance since April.

Are there any other 2020/ 2019 Sacramento filers our there? I’ve been in ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ since June. I know it’s normal to be in this status for much longer than this, but this field office was pretty fast pre-COVID.

Edited by InRainbows14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, InRainbows14 said:

I filed for AoS (based on K1) in January 2020, in Sacramento. I got lucky and managed to have Biometrics just before everything closed in March, and now have my EAD.

I see that other field offices seem to be doing Green Card interviews again, but the VisaJourney page for the Sacramento office hasn’t had an interview acceptance since April.

Are there any other 2020/ 2019 Sacramento filers our there? I’ve been in ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ since June. I know it’s normal to be in this status for much longer than this, but this field office was pretty fast pre-COVID.

We are. But just applied in August, so not expecting to hear anything anytime soon. 

My wife and I filed in late September 2019 and have had our biometrics. Recently just filed to renew the AP/EAD as that expires in early January and don't want to lose the ability to travel if need be. Still nothing from the Sac office related to an interview. Getting rather annoyed, but then Covid came and so I just have to let it go! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Journey20 said:

You actually could be assigned to Reno even though you're in California. A friend of mine has his adjudicated in Reno office very quickly. From file date to card in hand was 5.5 months.

That’s what I was hoping for! 15 min drive to Reno vs 2 hours to Sac. Uscis live chat agent said I am assigned to Sacramento. Guess I won’t know until I get that pretty paper in the mail, fingers crossed. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, Journey20 said:

My wife and I filed in late September 2019 and have had our biometrics. Recently just filed to renew the AP/EAD as that expires in early January and don't want to lose the ability to travel if need be. Still nothing from the Sac office related to an interview. Getting rather annoyed, but then Covid came and so I just have to let it go! :)

Sorry to hear that - I guess I have quite a while left to wait, then...

I do feel very lucky/ fortunate to have got to the US and get to the EAD stage during COVID (I know a lot of people are stuck in separate countries etc), but it would be nice to finish this process at some point!

Hopefully you get your interview soon! 

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:27 PM, dixxy92 said:

Just a quick message to add to the information to say I have been 'Ready for Interview' at Sacramento since 12/31/19...

I am on my second EAD...

It's stressful!

Wow, you’ve been in this status for 6 months longer than me, then. I’ll almost certainly be renewing the EAD in a few months too. I know VisaJourney doesn’t represent all applicants, but there hasn’t been an approval for Sacramento posted on here since April 2020... Looks like it will take a while.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah I too am waiting for the Sac field office and applied in September of 2019, and I already have my second EAD in hand after applying for it as soon as the window opened to do so.

Like @GetOutside wish I could be assigned to Reno, I'm half way between both Reno and Sac, but it would be an excuse for a little time away and perhaps play some cards 😅

2 hours ago, ConnorS said:

Yeah I too am waiting for the Sac field office and applied in September of 2019, and I already have my second EAD in hand after applying for it as soon as the window opened to do so.

Like @GetOutside wish I could be assigned to Reno, I'm half way between both Reno and Sac, but it would be an excuse for a little time away and perhaps play some cards 😅

I’m actually in Sac, so no chance of being assigned to Reno - must be frustrating for you though! When does the window open to renew the EAD? Mine expires in June.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
49 minutes ago, InRainbows14 said:

I’m actually in Sac, so no chance of being assigned to Reno - must be frustrating for you though! When does the window open to renew the EAD? Mine expires in June.

Like I said I'm already on my second EAD, my first EAD expires 01/11/21, so I applied 6 months before (July 29th) it expires under the assumption that things where being processed slower and it maybe more than 6 months before I got a new card and then you have the 180 days on the other side of your expiring card if you have applied for a renewal so I had a big safety net.  However the processing time for the renewal was actually quite fast considering and I had my new card issued 11/23/20, so just shy of 4 months 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.