sandybabe_onuh

UPDATE...My husbands family forced him to divorce me.

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

First, I want to thank all who have left me messages concerning my recent post. It's good to know their are people that cares about others.

Next, to update on my situstion, my husband and I are planning on doing the divorce reversal. He says since his family no longer thinks we are involved now in any way, the family pressure is off completely. So in a short time I pray all will be to normal for us and we proeede with our plans ahead.

Now, I still have been checking on the I130 petition daily, even though my husband divorced me last week, and I have an update on our status .

I called the USCIS today (California) and was told our I130 has been approved and I should receive notice in postal mail soon.

Also, they told me it was already at the NVC. I called the NVC, and yes, for a fact it was entered into the system on June 15 2007. I was given a new case number to inquire in the future pertaining to the petition.

So to calculate my timeline here, it took 92 days from NOA1 to the I130 being entered into the NVC system.

Please keep praying for me and Stanley ok. No matter what some make think here, we do love each other and want to be together again, as before all this happened. Sometimes we have to make choices and decisions in our lives that effect other people. Sometimes we also have to give in to pressure from others when it's soo hard that you feel as if you are gonna die. So please don't judge me or my husband on either decision that was and is being made. Just pray that God has His will in all things involved ok.

Thanks and God Bless each of you on your journey.

sandybabe_onuh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wishing you both the best!!!

OUR TIMELINE

MARCH 7, 2007 - SENT I-129F TO CSC

MARCH 13, 2007- NOA1

MARCH 19, 2007- REC'D BY SNAIL MAIL

May 23, 2007- APPROVED!

May 24, 2007- Rec'd e mail stating I was approved on the 23rd!!!!

May 29, 2007- Arrives at NVC

May 30, 2007- Called NVC and received MNL#

May 31, 2007- Left NVC headed to MANILA

June 4, 2007- Petition Arrives at USE Manila

June 12, 2007- Packet Mailed from Manila

June 25, 2007- Rec'd Packet

July 27, 2007- Medical appointment Aug. 3, 2007- August 3rd Interview, APPROVED!!! 149 days from filing!!!

Sept. 7,2007- Mary will be landing in LAX

Hi Everyone,

First, I want to thank all who have left me messages concerning my recent post. It's good to know their are people that cares about others.

Next, to update on my situstion, my husband and I are planning on doing the divorce reversal. He says since his family no longer thinks we are involved now in any way, the family pressure is off completely. So in a short time I pray all will be to normal for us and we proeede with our plans ahead.

Now, I still have been checking on the I130 petition daily, even though my husband divorced me last week, and I have an update on our status .

I called the USCIS today (California) and was told our I130 has been approved and I should receive notice in postal mail soon.

Also, they told me it was already at the NVC. I called the NVC, and yes, for a fact it was entered into the system on June 15 2007. I was given a new case number to inquire in the future pertaining to the petition.

So to calculate my timeline here, it took 92 days from NOA1 to the I130 being entered into the NVC system.

Please keep praying for me and Stanley ok. No matter what some make think here, we do love each other and want to be together again, as before all this happened. Sometimes we have to make choices and decisions in our lives that effect other people. Sometimes we also have to give in to pressure from others when it's soo hard that you feel as if you are gonna die. So please don't judge me or my husband on either decision that was and is being made. Just pray that God has His will in all things involved ok.

sandybabe_onuh

Hang In There, God is great and knows what he is doing. He will take care of what ever needs to be done if it is in his plan for the two of you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The interview could be interesting.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Everyone,

Good luck to you, I hope things work out for you. Just out of curiosity....how quickly will this "divorce reversal" take place? I'm just wondering...because you've petitioned your "husband" for an immigrant visa, which has now been approved and is w/ in the Dept. of State, from where presumably after further processing your husband will be interviewed for an immigrant visa based on your original marriage. If you are divorced, how can the marriage (based on which you are petitioning immigration benefits for your husband) be "reinstated"? Wouldn't you have to abandon this I-130, marry again and file a new petition based on the new marriage? :unsure:

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Sister,

Best of luck.

Hi Everyone,

sandybabe_onuh

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Worst case scenario : After your interview you are put on AP/AR......the review team verifies the documents.........

a home investigation with his family, friends and neighbors......yes, it does happen.

If you leave a papertrail with the divorce/ reversal and the embassy verifies documents they will find out.

If the family thinks you are no longer involved and the investigator shows up to interview the family you will be in trouble.

Not trying to scare you but being realistic.

Be honest, don't try to hide anything during your interview. What we do today will have consequences tomorrow.

I suggest a good immigration attorney for your predicament. Things aren't that easy in Lagos, even if you have things 100% in order.

Best wishes !

Timeline
Worst case scenario : After your interview you are put on AP/AR......the review team verifies the documents.........

a home investigation with his family, friends and neighbors......yes, it does happen.

If you leave a papertrail with the divorce/ reversal and the embassy verifies documents they will find out.

If the family thinks you are no longer involved and the investigator shows up to interview the family you will be in trouble.

Be honest, don't try to hide anything during your interview. What we do today will have consequences tomorrow.

I suggest a good immigration attorney for your predicament. Things aren't that easy in Lagos, even if you have things 100% in order.

Best wishes !

Hi Again Everyone,

Again thanks for your well wishes. As for the "divorce reversal" it will be filed next week and will be reversed in about 1 weeks time, according to my husbands attorney in Nigeria. The process of things in Nigeria seem to be much faster there, than here in the states on certain issues, when it involves court issues.

See, my husband filed for divorce on June 8 2007 and the following week, on Friday June 15 the divorce was granted, Unlike things here in the states, which we know takes months for things to process in our court systems.

Also, when it's time for Stanley's interview in Lagos, we have decided to be honest and upfront on what has occured, so as to keep nothing hidden about the divorce and it's reversal. I know Lagos is to be one of the hardest consulates to go through according to VJ members having been through there before. So, we plan on keeping nothing from the interviewer on that day.

I'm a firm believer in God and all His plans for each and everyone of us in our lives. Everything happens for a reason, nothing is by chance or coincidence, so God is in control and His will shall be done in our lives together. Amen.

I'm a firm believer in God and all His plans for each and everyone of us in our lives. Everything happens for a reason, nothing is by chance or coincidence, so God is in control and His will shall be done in our lives together. Amen.

I agree with you 100%. I /my fiance was denied a visa the first time I tried and 3 years later I ended up with a different lady that was WAY better than the first one. So no matter what happens with your case it will be for the better. :blink:

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Best wishes !

Hi Again Everyone,

Again thanks for your well wishes. As for the "divorce reversal" it will be filed next week and will be reversed in about 1 weeks time, according to my husbands attorney in Nigeria. The process of things in Nigeria seem to be much faster there, than here in the states on certain issues, when it involves court issues.

See, my husband filed for divorce on June 8 2007 and the following week, on Friday June 15 the divorce was granted, Unlike things here in the states, which we know takes months for things to process in our court systems.

Also, when it's time for Stanley's interview in Lagos, we have decided to be honest and upfront on what has occured, so as to keep nothing hidden about the divorce and it's reversal. I know Lagos is to be one of the hardest consulates to go through according to VJ members having been through there before. So, we plan on keeping nothing from the interviewer on that day.

May your faith guide you through this and I will be in agreement with you that with God all things are possible ! (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am wishing you the best in this situation. Only God has the final say concerning this situation. I pray that God will guide you and stregthen you during this stage in your journey.

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage : 2006-07-27

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-08-26

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-12-01

NVC Received : 2006-12-12

NVC Left : 2006-12-13

Consulate Received : 2007-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-02-08

Interview Date : 2007-04-23

I-130 Approval : 2006-10-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Only God has the final say concerning this situation.

Actually the Consulate.

Allthough some people consider that they consider themselves similar.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.