Mylilelar1

To those who have ever had a 221(g) experience.

55 posts in this topic

My wife should be submitting the 3 required documents on Wednesday the 21st. She heard from two applicants it could be 15 days. The embassy gave no timeline. I Googled awhile here and there is posters who state it could be days,weeks or MONTHS. My question is....when they approve her visa,does she have to pick it up on a certain date or will it just be ready and waiting? Here's the deal....she has been in a hotel for almost a month and being there months is not an option. But when she goes back to Isabela Province she must quarantine for 14 days. Murphy's Law !  What if after waiting let's say 8 days,she goes back to Isabela and the embassy says her visa is ready but she is in quarantine? STUCK IN (removed) HERE.

Edited by Unlockable
Language

*** Topic edited to remove inappropriate word. Remember there is absolutely no foul language allowed on this site. This is a family friendly site.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

11 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

My wife should be submitting the 3 required documents on Wednesday the 21st. She heard from two applicants it could be 15 days. The embassy gave no timeline. I Googled awhile here and there is posters who state it could be days,weeks or MONTHS. My question is....when they approve her visa,does she have to pick it up on a certain date or will it just be ready and waiting? Here's the deal....she has been in a hotel for almost a month and being there months is not an option. But when she goes back to Isabela Province she must quarantine for 14 days. Murphy's Law !  What if after waiting let's say 8 days,she goes back to Isabela and the embassy says her visa is ready but she is in quarantine? STUCK IN (removed) HERE.

oooppps sorry. Will not happen again !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Have 2go deliver to her home in Isabela 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She can have someone else pick it up for her: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-gen-faq.asp#qlisttrackpass

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

If that is an option.....excellent idea ! Now that I think of it,it is.  All we have been involved in SO FAR is having 2Go delivering from Mall of Asia to the embassy.

THANK YOU !

Of course its an option.   2go delivered to my wife's doorstep.   Took a couple extra days, but well worth it 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Visas are delivered by 2GO you can arrange to have it delivered to her home or a local 2GO office for pickup.

Complete your profile and register your delivery address at the link below, you can do this online or by calling.  Some sections will not apply to you, skip over those, making sure to complete contact information and DELIVERY choose;  Home delivery, or you can arrange for pick-up at a variety of 2GO locations.  MOA (Mall of Asia) being the quickest.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

Online >>  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

Calling >>  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp

You will have 24 hrs. after the interview to change/update your delivery address, after that time period your profile will be locked.

SUGGESTION!    Complete this BEFORE the interview!!   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 10/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, Mylilelar1 said:

They surely must not quarantine EVERYONE entering Isabela Province. Commercial traffic must have an exemption. Or do they? Have to find out.

There may be another announcement coming out in a few days on provincial quarantine rules.  This would be at the national level though.  Once that is announced I think your wife needs to call the appropriate person or office in Isabela if that province has changed the rules.  Also, if the rules are changing for your required province, do not travel on the first day of the change.  The chance that everyone is on the same page and knows the rules at each of the checkpoints will be slim to none. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

32 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

There may be another announcement coming out in a few days on provincial quarantine rules.  This would be at the national level though.  Once that is announced I think your wife needs to call the appropriate person or office in Isabela if that province has changed the rules.  Also, if the rules are changing for your required province, do not travel on the first day of the change.  The chance that everyone is on the same page and knows the rules at each of the checkpoints will be slim to none. 

Yes, good advice.Her ex-husband died while she was in Dubai. And now she receives a notice from the embassy that even though she gave a death certificate of his death14 MONTHS AGO...They want a revised death certificate and photos of him in the casket or death photos as they call them.BUT THEY NEVER REQUESTED THESE 14 months ago. The nightmare goes on. I guess they want to make sure he really is still dead.  

Edited by Mylilelar1

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Yes, good advice.Her ex-husband died while she was in Dubai. And now she receives a notice from the embassy that even though she gave a death certificate of his death14 MONTHS AGO...They want a revised death certificate and photos of him in the casket or death photos as they call them.BUT THEY NEVER REQUESTED THESE 14 months ago. The nightmare goes on. I guess they want to make sure he really is still dead.  

Maybe they are concerned that he has been  "born again."

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

12 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

photos of him in the casket

What if he was cremated? Do they want pictures of him in the oven? How insensitive can the US Embassy be? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.