OntarioMan

CEAC Status Change

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My case went from refused, to ready, to application received.

As a preface I had my interview at the Montreal Consulate on February 26th 2020 and got issued a 221g to submit a new passport.

Fast forward to September I am notified by the consulate that my medical exam will expire so I have to submit a new one.

On October 2nd I submitted both my passport and my new medical exam to the consulate.

Today my CEAC status changed from refused, to ready, to application received.

Does anyone know what this means?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

My case went from refused, to ready, to application received.

As a preface I had my interview at the Montreal Consulate on February 26th 2020 and got issued a 221g to submit a new passport.

Fast forward to September I am notified by the consulate that my medical exam will expire so I have to submit a new one.

On October 2nd I submitted both my passport and my new medical exam to the consulate.

Today my CEAC status changed from refused, to ready, to application received.

Does anyone know what this means?

Did it change to nonimmigrant?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, OntarioMan said:

Yes it did

It means that the IV unit is finished and has sent the file to the BIV unit for final processing 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

It means that the IV unit is finished and has sent the file to the BIV unit for final processing 

I'm very curious would I be getting a tracking number for when they send my visa to me and what is the BIV unit?  

7 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

Yes it did

You'll see a couple more "date changes" and then you'll see "ISSUED" which is your ticket on the visa express flight to the USA. Good luck and stay engaged. 

To know more specific information for your embassy it would be suggested that you go to the for your sub-forum area/country and there you can have conversation with other people who are interview in Canada. That's the best way to answer,"what's next" and "what is this" etc.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

You'll see a couple more "date changes" and then you'll see "ISSUED" which is your ticket on the visa express flight to the USA. Good luck and stay engaged. 

That's very good and thank you

Timeline
5 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

I'm very curious would I be getting a tracking number for when they send my visa to me and what is the BIV unit?  

Typo.  NIV 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

To know more specific information for your embassy it would be suggested that you go to the for your sub-forum area/country and there you can have conversation with other people who are interview in Canada. That's the best way to answer,"what's next" and "what is this" etc.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

hey so for an update it went from application received to administrative processing in the NIV unit I am a bit confused as to what this means 

58 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

hey so for an update it went from application received to administrative processing in the NIV unit I am a bit confused as to what this means 

Just sit tight. Your file is moving along to where it soon will be issued. There isn't anything that you need to figure out and nothing you can do to move it faster. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 10/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, JFH said:

Administrative processing is a catch-all term for 'paperwork'. It includes issuing and printing the visa, final background checks, etc. The next thing you will see is 'issued'. Probably tomorrow or Monday. 

You were absolutely right, I got issued yesterday!

4 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

You were absolutely right, I got issued yesterday!

Congratulations! Safe journey to your new home. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just checked the status today and it changed to Refused Oct 23, 2020

last update was March 20, 2020, case created is still at Dec 30, 2019

says non immigrant.

K1 India Mumbai Consulate 

worried !!

0AA10A2A-5168-4CFD-8617-2499C167C2C0.jpeg

1 hour ago, WHATSMYSTATUS said:

I just checked the status today and it changed to Refused Oct 23, 2020

last update was March 20, 2020, case created is still at Dec 30, 2019

says nonimmigrant. K1 India Mumbai Consulate worried !!

This is the current verbiage to inform you that you visa is going under additional processing at the Consulate. Everyone receives this notice. If you receive a 221g Administrative Processing for your case, you would have checked your visa status on CEAC website. When you check the status, you used to see status of “Administrative processing”, but that would have changed to “refused” from March 3, 2020. Many users have reported and its verified as well that most of the 221g Cases status has changed to “Refused”, even when there was no real update on their ‘Case Last Updated Date’ or anything has changed. One key thing to note is the text under it has changed. It reads like below now.

“A U.S. Consular Officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General <Consulate name>”

Pay close attention to the bold text, it basically tells that, if you were given Administrative processing, then it will be processed in administrative processing. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.