Treasure1

For those awaiting K1 interview in Lagos, Nigeria

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Ken & Ken said:

HI,

I need a little help with filling out a form.

So I am currently on the cgifederal where you fill out a form and then book an interview if possible.

On my passport, my first and middle names(3 in total) are under the 'Given Names' field which is exactly how I filled it out in the DS-160 form.

on the cgifederal page though, I am being asked for just my first name and last name but it states that it should be as it appears on my passport and DS-160 form.

image.png.2de2ef699c6527e970a231232d553e8e.png

Do I enter just my first name or do I enter my first and middle names into the 'First Name' field ???? 

Please fill in your name they way it appears in your passport 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Enter first and given names separated by comma....is the embassy in Lagos open yet?

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Enter first and given names separated by comma....is the embassy in Lagos open yet?

Yeah the US embassy in Lagos is open but not processing k visas yet 

Screenshot_2020-10-26-21-20-29.png

Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 2:07 PM, Greenbaum said:

There is a thread that many of you should consider being a part of the conversation. Many topics are discussed as it relates to the Nigerian process and embassy matters.

Also, this is a topic that should be a part of the sub-forum area, where there is many more threads discussing what happens in Nigeria.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

I don't understand! you mean you got your visa approved? I thought the travel ban is still in place?

1 hour ago, ken o said:

I don't understand! you mean you got your visa approved? I thought the travel ban is still in place?

I don't understand your not understanding my post. I put some information out there to help you and others if you were processing in Nigeria. That's all! Nothing here to read into my intentions. Now back to my cheerios. Oy Vey? I sometimes wonder why after six years of answering people's questions and offering help, I get individuals like you who question my motive.

The destruction of reason has seen the triumph of ignorance.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello fam, If you were given an Interview letter that got cancelled due to the Lockdown or you're yet to get and interview letter and your interview was suppose to hold in Nigeria ( specifically for Cr1 and K1 ... Please join this Link ------> https://chat.whatsapp.com/HFxGKF7nnnr9v8urEvaNuc

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 11/7/2020 at 8:19 AM, Arewa said:

Hello fam, If you were given an Interview letter that got cancelled due to the Lockdown or you're yet to get and interview letter and your interview was suppose to hold in Nigeria ( specifically for Cr1 and K1 ... Please join this Link ------> https://chat.whatsapp.com/HFxGKF7nnnr9v8urEvaNuc

We need a new invitation to the chat for those of us who are new. The current link is no longer working. Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Deehotstepper said:

We need a new invitation to the chat for those of us who are new. The current link is no longer working. Thanks 

Hello, this is the link 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/L4DXdsftD4EC5kwIBVyKls

Timeline
On 11/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, ken o said:

does anyone know how long NVC takes to process k1 visa at the moment ??

Hi! We received our NOA2 on 11/23/2020. NVC confirmed receipt of our petition on  12/22/2020 via email inquiry. I called for our NVC case and invoice number today (1/27/2021) since we have not received any email about processing at NVC. I was given our case and invoice #. The woman I spoke to at NVC told me that our petition was ready to be sent to Lagos but Lagos is not accepting K1 visa packets yet. I was shocked to hear that Lagos was not receiving K1 petitions since March due to covid-19 shutdowns! Can anyone confirm this? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jessica &Josiah E said:

Hi! We received our NOA2 on 11/23/2020. NVC confirmed receipt of our petition on  12/22/2020 via email inquiry. I called for our NVC case and invoice number today (1/27/2021) since we have not received any email about processing at NVC. I was given our case and invoice #. The woman I spoke to at NVC told me that our petition was ready to be sent to Lagos but Lagos is not accepting K1 visa packets yet. I was shocked to hear that Lagos was not receiving K1 petitions since March due to covid-19 shutdowns! Can anyone confirm this? 

That is correct Lagos is only processing spousal, student, and tourist visas. They claim they are too short staffed to process K-1 visas.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

That is correct Lagos is only processing spousal, student, and tourist visas. They claim they are too short staffed to process K-1 visas.

Oh man. Okay. Thanks so much for that confirmation. So we just have to sit and wait for Lagos to start processing K1 visa again. Thanks so much.

Timeline

A new Secretary of State has been confirmed. Let's join together and express ourselves on Twitter and get some attention to our situation. Lagos has been conducting interviews since November but uses being short staffed and Covid as reason not to process K-1.

Screenshot_20210127-114328_Twitter.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jessica &Josiah E said:

Oh man. Okay. Thanks so much for that confirmation. So we just have to sit and wait for Lagos to start processing K1 visa again. Thanks so much.

Yea people have been sitting at NVC since March 2020 😔

Timeline
6 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

A new Secretary of State has been confirmed. Let's join together and express ourselves on Twitter and get some attention to our situation. Lagos has been conducting interviews since November but uses being short staffed and Covid as reason not to process K-1.

Screenshot_20210127-114328_Twitter.jpg

Will do! Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.