9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hello every one please I have little issues now my gc is supposed to be send to the address I provided that's my wife'shouse but the hurricane distroyed it now she is using her mail box at the post office. On my status yesterday I check they said my address was not correct they are sending my gc back to uscis. At first they never gave me a tracking number but a the status a tracking number was issued.

( On October 9th 2020 the post office reported that they are returning your new card for receipt number...…....... To us we mailed your card to the address you gave us but the post office did not deliver it) what am I suppose to do now someone should help 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Madufor Uzoma A said:

Hello every one please I have little issues now my gc is supposed to be send to the address I provided that's my wife'shouse but the hurricane distroyed it now she is using her mail box at the post office. On my status yesterday I check they said my address was not correct they are sending my gc back to uscis. At first they never gave me a tracking number but a the status a tracking number was issued.

( On October 9th 2020 the post office reported that they are returning your new card for receipt number...…....... To us we mailed your card to the address you gave us but the post office did not deliver it) what am I suppose to do now someone should help 

You should've updated your address with uscis in no more than 10 days after establishing a new physical/mailing address.

You should call the post office asap and ask them to hold the GC so you can pick it up.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

You should've updated your address with uscis in no more than 10 days after establishing a new physical/mailing address.

You should call the post office asap and ask them to hold the GC so you can pick it up.

ok thanks for your quick response should i call the local post office where it was sent ?

1 hour ago, Madufor Uzoma A said:

They will not give you a tracking number. This is not amazon package.

You need to have your address updated ALAWAYS, and this is it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paula&Johnny said:

USCIS gives most of the time a tracking number for the cards. I got one for my Combo Card. And OPs post says they indeed got one.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

USCIS gives most of the time a tracking number for the cards. I got one for my Combo Card. And OPs post says they indeed got one.

3 hours ago, Paula&Johnny said:

Lol 🤣 they did after they updated my address was not correct what should I do now and my online I updated it last night 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Most of the time. I was never told a tracking number 

*** Moved to IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

VJ Mod

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.