Jonathan & Olivia

Medical to interview timeframe 10+ days

14 posts in this topic

The gov site says to do your medical at least 10 days before interview date.  Is this an absolute rule, and, if so, does anyone know the specific reasoning for it?  Is it possible to just do your medical the day before the interview, for example?  I know this would at least mean you would have to wait longer after the interview to find out if you were fully approved.  I will be emailing the embassy, but just wanted to check here and see if anyone has any insight beforehand.  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Jonathan & Olivia said:

The gov site says to do your medical at least 10 days before interview date.  Is this an absolute rule, and, if so, does anyone know the specific reasoning for it?  Is it possible to just do your medical the day before the interview, for example?  I know this would at least mean you would have to wait longer after the interview to find out if you were fully approved.  I will be emailing the embassy, but just wanted to check here and see if anyone has any insight beforehand.  Thank you!

It gives the medical officer the opportunity to review the results and the time to forward the information to the consulate before your interview..

you do it later, you risk them not having the information when you have your interview and so they’ll not be able to tell you if you got your visa or not and you’ll have to wait

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

I have my interview next week. It was expedited due to my being pregnant but that doesn't allow for the 10 days .. Also, I'm in Melbourne so can't get to Sydney for the interview until the borders open! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 11:37 AM, Jonathan & Olivia said:

it is not absolute rule. but it will better if you can complete your medical examination before your interview. Also the US government required the applicant has the vaccinations records, if you have complete vaccinations, then it has no problem, you can predict how long you have to wait for your medical result, but if you don't have complete vaccination, you need to have that additional vaccinations which means your medical examination won't be done just in one day, as you have to go again to the hospital one week after your first examination. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

it is not absolute rule. but it will better if you can complete your medical examination before your interview. Also the US government required the applicant has the vaccinations records, if you have complete vaccinations, then it has no problem, you can predict how long you have to wait for your medical result, but if you don't have complete vaccination, you need to have that additional vaccinations which means your medical examination won't be done just in one day, as you have to go again to the hospital one week after your first examination. 

Differs by country 

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

i know, i am just saying, because not all Indonesian people have that vaccination record

But why the week delay if you don't?

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

But why the week delay if you don't?

in my case i needed to take 3 additional vaccinations. i did the first one when i went to the hospital (as i did the antibody test) and they said to have the 2nd and the 3rd i need to have one week interval. who knows that @Jonathan & Olivia might have similar case. if they don't need to have additional vaccination then of course it will be faster for them to get the medical result and it also depends on the hospital instructions. i am not saying that all the cases will be the same as mine, i only share what i know and my experiences with those things. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

i am not saying that all the cases will be the same as mine, i only share what i know and my experiences with those things. 

But if you review what you wrote, that is exactly what you inferred 

YMMV

Timeline
46 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But if you review what you wrote, that is exactly what you inferred 

i am not a native English, and i tried to clarify on the next statement though. dont make it as a big deal. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 4:15 AM, Lighthouse111 said:

I have my interview next week. It was expedited due to my being pregnant but that doesn't allow for the 10 days .. Also, I'm in Melbourne so can't get to Sydney for the interview until the borders open! :(

Quick question: How did you apply for an expedite based on pregnancy? I am also pregnant and DQ'd. Interview not yet scheduled.

Thanks.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:08 AM, LBX said:

Quick question: How did you apply for an expedite based on pregnancy? I am also pregnant and DQ'd. Interview not yet scheduled.

Thanks.

I just emailed them NVCExpedite@state.gov and asked. My email was two lines long and I attached the letter from my doctor in Australia with the due date. I said that the baby will be born in Australia but right after my husband would like to go to America so we can coparent and support each other and therefore would like to apply to expedite the interview.  It did take almost a month for them to reply to me with the approval and interview.  There is a topic here that says you can't expedite for pregnancy but it's not true, there are other people on this forum that did the same thing so it can't hurt to email them and ask :) good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lighthouse111 said:

I just emailed them NVCExpedite@state.gov and asked. My email was two lines long and I attached the letter from my doctor in Australia with the due date. I said that the baby will be born in Australia but right after my husband would like to go to America so we can coparent and support each other and therefore would like to apply to expedite the interview.  It did take almost a month for them to reply to me with the approval and interview.  There is a topic here that says you can't expedite for pregnancy but it's not true, there are other people on this forum that did the same thing so it can't hurt to email them and ask :) good luck!

Thanks so much for the info. 

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.