robhat

N-400 October 2020 Filers

348 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/31/2021 at 6:51 AM, Paulinadeb88 said:

My husband had his n-400 interview August 26th. We arrived at Federal Plaza NYC at 10:30 for his 10:55 appointment, they told us to come back 10 minutes later as you can't arrive move than 15 minutes before. We got to room 8-100 and the security guard told me I cannot go inside with him, only the petitioner is allowed in. So I sat in the park across from Federal Plaza for FOUR HOURS. They took him in the room at 2:15 and he was out by 2:45.

He passed the civics test with flying colors. We put together a humongous binder with copies of everything we have together, utilities, lease, insurance, 401K, bank statements, 150 photos from 2017-2021, wedding album etc. He didn't ask for ANY documentation, literally not even one document. However, we didn't include my W2's (even though he had tax returns for the last 3 years) and his *first* 2 year greencard (he only took his 10 year gc with him). The officer said he needs to come back on Tuesday (today) 8AM, to deliver the remaining documents. My husband went there this morning, hand delivered the documents to the officer, was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The officer then called his cell when my husband got in the car asking about my W2's, my company is HQ'd in Washington DC however my office is in NYC so he wanted to clarify why the W2 had Washington DC- so my husband explained why and then the officer said ok no problem thank you for the explanation "we will mail you a notice with the decision"....

And the wait begins.. I'm so bummed out- i thought this would all be behind us but unfortunately we have to wait and see what they decide. I don't foresee them not approving his application, can anyone think of a reason? I would assume the officer would let him know if there were any issues, right? 

Hello there, 

I have my N400 interview next week at the USCIS office here in Portland OR. I'm curious, did the officer want to see YOUR W2 even though it was your husband who was the applicant? I've already collected federal and state tax returns for the last five years and put them in my binder for my interview. I guess I should grab my W2s as well, just to be safe? 

Did the officer want to see the two year green card as well? This is such an ordeal. I'm so sorry to hear that the process is not over for you yet! 

On 9/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Emilly2021 said:

Hi everyone, 

I was thinking my field office will be Sacramento because it is closest to my reidence. Today, I was told I needed to check the bottom of my reciept notice and this is not necessariliy the closest to my reseidenc. Here is the address provided on my notice. Can someon please confirm which field office is processing my case?

National Benefits Center
U. S. CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION SVC
P.O. BOX 25920
Overland Park KS 66225

Thanks in advance

It’s the address for the national benefits center after they process your application they’ll send it to the local ASC to schedule your fingerprints. After they process your fingerprints they’ll send it to the Field office which for you is Sacramento which will schedule your interview. Since they haven’t even scheduled your fingerprints yet, I hope I am wrong but get ready to wait for 5-6 months for the interview. I don’t believe they’re reusing the fingerprints now in California. Everyone I know had go for fingerprints. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Had my interview today. Pretty chill and easy. Was in and out in about 1 hour 20 mins. 
the naturalisation ceremony took place there right after the interview. 
good luck to everyone, it’s your turn soon! 

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Had my interview on Monday, passed the exam, but the officer marked the checkbox that said Decision cannot be made. 

A day later, i got an email With an update "we have taken an action on your case" but when i login, i dont see any new action items or updates..

i am starting to get nervous, did anyone go through this? How long before they make a decision? 

2 hours ago, Carrie212 said:

Had my interview on Monday, passed the exam, but the officer marked the checkbox that said Decision cannot be made. 

A day later, i got an email With an update "we have taken an action on your case" but when i login, i dont see any new action items or updates..

i am starting to get nervous, did anyone go through this? How long before they make a decision? 

Check Case History...it should tell u everything 

Hello everyone, 

I'm writing a post for anyone that encounters this issue in the future.

I was trying to submit my application (N-400) online using Google Chrome (also tried Int. Explorer and Firefox) I was able to upload all my files with absolutely no issues: however, when I got to the review: I got a notice stating:  

"Encountered an unexpected error retrieving draft evidence" and this is what saw, all my files were gone. 

1758669414_ScreenShot2020-09-28at7_52_23AM.png.1b804c62a4967e2f1a7a936a2d0a54e7-_1_.jpeg.91b45ecb5c8de18e777296a1eded220b.jpeg 

8B4EF312-D47D-4605-B56D-CE95F8479B22.png.6156a3fe9a44f2a19507e6aad58ee994.thumb.png.10b3119f131018484a823b182622af97.png

It was so frustrating; I repeated the same thing probably 30 times in the next ten days and got the same results; (no files attached to my application). I was getting tired of the online filing system; I tried calling them, and it didn't work, and in the end, I was even thinking about filing by mail, but in my last effort to hopefully submit this form, I started researching this issue online; it took some time, but then I found a user by the name (J/G from Indonesia) that went to the same problem online a year ago and was able to figure out.

He suggested downloading (Opera Browser) from their official website (https://www.opera.com/download); I was so happy that I had found a potential solution for the issue, but after all, that excitement guess what?

It did not work for me either. after another unsuccessful attend to submit my application; honestly, I was about to give up, and that was when my clever Wife literality begged me to try one more time.

She had the incredible idea of deleting the whole draft and starting again; I didn't like the idea since I have already done that like 15 times, so this is what I did

1. Downloaded (Opera Browser) 
  2. Download a copy of my application pdf (answers to all the questions) to save the answers and to copy-paste
  3. I deleted my whole draft
  4. organized the evidence for quick upload 
  5. Witched from a Windows computer to mac computer
  6. Created a new draft and started all over again. (If you start a new draft, DO NOT GO BACK; start from question one to the end without going back; I know it could be unpleasant, but trust me, it is worth it.)

And guess what, it worked!!! and It felt fantastic!!! Oh yeah!! 

1585489632_ScreenShot2020-09-28at8_23_14AM.png.2bb6c34306e69ff63c421e9b24cc35ac.jpg.1f4f7bbad70bc16afcbb6c21f5c59353.jpg

So I then proceeded with the Review, Signature and Payment, completed and submitted my N-400 application and received a receipt number beginning with "IOE."

Note: do not go crazy about not submitting a ton of evidence at first;  any additional documents you forgot or would like to upload, it can be done later or once your application has been submitted to USCIS.  

This is what you will see once you application has been payed and submitted. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.70315ab941b5c0d5644666788450bf7d.jpg

I hope this helps anyone that is going through the same issue! 

Good Luck!! 

Best,

Eljsa27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi guys,

I had my interview last Tuesday. It started with a few general questions about myself and my travels, and the officer took my picture and fingerprints.

The test was easy. These are the questions I was asked:

1. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
2. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
3. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?
4. Who was the first President?
5. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
6. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?

Unfortunately, I wasn't approved. The officer said that I needed to present more evidence of living together with my wife. He also told me that my case was solid, but as I applied after only 3 years, they needed to be extra careful (he even said that if I had filed after 5 years, I would have been approved).

So he gave me a paper with a few things that would be nice to submit, nothing really hard to get. The most annoying is that I have to get a notarized declaration from one of my neighbors saying that we have been living in our current address for the past 3 years but even that will be relatively easy to obtain.

Good luck everyone!

K1

Spoiler

I-129F sent : 30 November 2015
I-129F NOA1 : 16 December 2015
I-129F NOA2 : 02 February 2016
Packet 3 received : 29 February 2016
Packet 3 sent : 28 April 2016
Interview date : 13 June 2016 (Result: Administrative Review, document needed)
Visa received : 11 July 2016

AOS

Spoiler

US entry : 09 September 2016
Marriage ceremony: 02 December 2016
AOS sent to Chicago lockbox: 16 January 2017
Case accepted confirmation by email/sms: 27 January 2017
NOA1 received: 03 February 2017
Biometrics appointment letter received: 06 February 2017

Biometrics passed: 08 February 2017 (walk-in)
EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced": 01 May 2017
NOA for EAD and AP received: 04 May 2017

Combo Card in hand: 06 May 2017

I-485 status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced": 15 July 2017
NOA for Green Card received: 20 July 2017
Conditional Green Card in hand: 21 July 2017

Removing Conditions

Spoiler

Package sent: 20 June 2019
Package received: 25 June 2019
NOA1: 18-month extension: 28 June 2019

Biometrics passed: 02 August 2019
New Card Being Produced: 30 July 2020
10-year Green Card Mailed: 19 August 2020

Naturalization

Spoiler

N-400 sent : 01 October 2020 (online)
Interview: 26 October 2021
RFI sent to office: 14 December 2021
Oath Ceremony: 18 February 2022

On 10/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, Emilly2021 said:

Almost a year since I filed and no progress yet. 

image.thumb.png.2871034c42d8ce4d252a5351e9458298.png

Same here... It's been over a year now, and no update since he had his bio done back in July. Hopefully we will all get some news soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sworn in on Oct 8th, applied for Passport on Oct 12th, expedited it n got it back on Nov 12th. I kinda miss the whole journey. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi , still waiting for a date for interview and test, they are using my old biometrics. I am in Atlanta , anyone else from here been waiting this long? Also I applied to renew my 10 year green card last spring just in case as it ran out this November, at least I got a 1 year extension and could get my drivers license renewed. Seems to be taking forever 😆

1 hour ago, kartersteve said:

Hi , still waiting for a date for interview and test, they are using my old biometrics. I am in Atlanta , anyone else from here been waiting this long? Also I applied to renew my 10 year green card last spring just in case as it ran out this November, at least I got a 1 year extension and could get my drivers license renewed. Seems to be taking forever 😆

I am still waiting too. Applied on October 29th, 2020, waiting for 13 months today. My office is Sacramanto, California. Really frustrating. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, exactly 14 months after I filed on October 28th 2020,  I was now invited for the long-awaited interview yesterday. My field office (Sacramento, California) has one of the longest processing time. Wish everyone get updates on their application.

I now need to find out about the interview question. Has anyone used any application? Also, I had a valid green card at the time of application but it expired a few months ago. The lawyers are saying the green card is not needed for naturalization but I am a bit concerned. Has anyone attended their interview with an expired green card?

My timeline below:

Filed on October 28, 2020

Invited for interview: 28 December, 2021

Interview date: 30 January 2022

Field office: Sacramento, California 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.