Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, zhelle said:

I sent more than $680. I sent $760 🥺 it’s going to be three weeks on Tuesday and I still haven’t gotten it back.

Will they reject ur packett for sending too much? Especially if it's because u sent the new fee as opposed to the old one..I would think they just accept it. But I don t know.. I'm sure ur not the only one who sent the new fee.. have u read from anyone who sent too much and the packett was rejected? Maybe they just process as normal..if it was me  , I would want them to keep the extra money to avoid hassle.... We feel for u amidst all the uncertainty and angst over not knowing.  Hopefully u'll hear something soon. Just keep ur head up and your sanity..worst case u loose a couple weeks. Best case u win the lottery while waiting...LoL..  best wishes and positive vibes 4 u !

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Will they reject ur packett for sending too much? Especially if it's because u sent the new fee as opposed to the old one..I would think they just accept it. But I don t know.. I'm sure ur not the only one who sent the new fee.. have u read from anyone who sent too much and the packett was rejected? Maybe they just process as normal..if it was me  , I would want them to keep the extra money to avoid hassle.... We feel for u amidst all the uncertainty and angst over not knowing.  Hopefully u'll hear something soon. Just keep ur head up and your sanity..worst case u loose a couple weeks. Best case u win the lottery while waiting...LoL..  best wishes and positive vibes 4 u !

They eventually going to send back your package if the fee is incorrect as you stated,so just have that in mind and look out for it very soon in the mail since it been three weeks ago.

I got a question.. I'm getting my package ready.. and this might be a dumb question but I'm asking anyways..😅

who is writing the cover letter? me (the green card holder) or my hubby (us citizen)? everything I've found says it with the wording "I'm filing jointly with my permanent resident spouse.. bla bla.." so basically the US citizen wrote the letter.. BUT I think I should be writing it.. or am I wrong? because I'm the one filing.. How did you all do this? 

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

15 minutes ago, MariaUSA90 said:

who is writing the cover letter? me (the green card holder) or my hubby (us citizen)?

My wife Signed the letter as if she wrote it. After all she is the petitioner and Beneficiary. I just signed the I751.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MariaUSA90 said:

I got a question.. I'm getting my package ready.. and this might be a dumb question but I'm asking anyways..😅

who is writing the cover letter? me (the green card holder) or my hubby (us citizen)? everything I've found says it with the wording "I'm filing jointly with my permanent resident spouse.. bla bla.." so basically the US citizen wrote the letter.. BUT I think I should be writing it.. or am I wrong? because I'm the one filing.. How did you all do this? 

My cover letter is below. It is optional, so you can write whatever you like ))

I-751 Original Submission

Cover Letter

Applicant/Beneficiary:

Name

A-Number

Address:

USCIS

P.O. Box 21200

Phoenix, AZ 85036

10/date/2020

This I-751 package includes:

1.    Filing Fee Check $595 (I-751) + $85 (Biometrics). Total: $680

2.    Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3.    Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

4.    Copy of Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card

5.    Copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action

6.    Evidence of the Relationship:

a.    Joint Federal and State Tax Returns for 2017, 2018, 2019;

b.    Statements of joint checking bank account and credit cards;

c.    Copies of Health Insurance policies for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020;

d.    Copy of Car Insurance policy 2020, AAA Membership cards;

e.    Beneficiary for husband’s 401K & Health Saving Accounts;

f.     Mortgage Refinancing support documents;

g.    Vacationing together;

h.    Other evidence;

i.      Affidavit Letters of Support;

j.      Photos 2017-2020

1 hour ago, MariaUSA90 said:

We had the same thought but because we are filing it jointly we put both our names on our cover letter. This is how we wrote our cover letter. Im filing for me and for my daughter and me and my husband signed it on the bottom.

Hope this help

Screenshot_20201024-192551_Drive~2.jpg

51 minutes ago, Natalia & Igor said:

My cover letter is below. It is optional, so you can write whatever you like ))

I-751 Original Submission

Cover Letter

Applicant/Beneficiary:

Name

A-Number

Address:

USCIS

P.O. Box 21200

Phoenix, AZ 85036

10/date/2020

This I-751 package includes:

1.    Filing Fee Check $595 (I-751) + $85 (Biometrics). Total: $680

2.    Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3.    Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

4.    Copy of Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card

5.    Copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action

6.    Evidence of the Relationship:

a.    Joint Federal and State Tax Returns for 2017, 2018, 2019;

b.    Statements of joint checking bank account and credit cards;

c.    Copies of Health Insurance policies for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020;

d.    Copy of Car Insurance policy 2020, AAA Membership cards;

e.    Beneficiary for husband’s 401K & Health Saving Accounts;

f.     Mortgage Refinancing support documents;

g.    Vacationing together;

h.    Other evidence;

i.      Affidavit Letters of Support;

j.      Photos 2017-2020

Hi,i noticed that you submitted a copy of I-797/NOA did you get rfe by chance? Or do we all need to submit that cause i didn't see this in I-751 instructions. TIA

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Genski92 said:

Hi,i noticed that you submitted a copy of I-797/NOA did you get rfe by chance? Or do we all need to submit that cause i didn't see this in I-751 instructions. TIA

I've never had RFE. This is NOA received with the first GC. Pls, check the back side of your I-797 )

InkedIMG_2048_LI.jpg.87f0ec26d4dda0320d77d85499cf2ca2.jpg

1 hour ago, Natalia & Igor said:

I've never had RFE. This is NOA received with the first GC. Pls, check the back side of your I-797 )

InkedIMG_2048_LI.jpg.87f0ec26d4dda0320d77d85499cf2ca2.jpg

In my understanding this is only if you're going to write a letter to uscis about your aos application or if you're going to apply for another petition (for example: citizenship) you must include this NOA. This is different than your ROC application. If you ROC noa arrived and you've decided to apply for citizenship or you want to write a letter to uscis you need to include your ROC I-797/noa. AOS and ROC is two different petition.

Someone can correct me if im wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey guys! Just mailed my package today, very nervous. I thought I would send it back in August but life happened and it took us a little longer, so here we are. It will be there on Wednesday, a couple weeks before my GC expires so I should be good. 

Anyone knows about how long it takes to get a notification of them receiving your packet? Like what was your first notification about? I sent in the g-something form for the electronic email/text notification so i’m assuming i’ll get something through text or email but I was just wondering what the first thing they tell you first is :)  

Wishing everybody luck, including those filing late october like me :) 

12 minutes ago, Vickrd said:

Anyone knows about how long it takes to get a notification of them receiving your packet?

The ones we have filed at the immigration clinic are running between 10 and 21 calendar days using a G-1145.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vickrd said:

Hey guys! Just mailed my package today, very nervous. I thought I would send it back in August but life happened and it took us a little longer, so here we are. It will be there on Wednesday, a couple weeks before my GC expires so I should be good. 

Anyone knows about how long it takes to get a notification of them receiving your packet? Like what was your first notification about? I sent in the g-something form for the electronic email/text notification so i’m assuming i’ll get something through text or email but I was just wondering what the first thing they tell you first is :)  

Wishing everybody luck, including those filing late october like me :) 

Good luck!

Google Sheet for I-751 October 2020 filers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RCTakDzgWAidVNgroLIjgVsgg4RpMhvHo531eS0S0M/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, Junior818 said:

They eventually going to send back your package if the fee is incorrect as you stated,so just have that in mind and look out for it very soon in the mail since it been three weeks ago.

The fees and forms were updated in the first part of October . Then a court judge put a hold on those changes.. some people sent the new higher fees and the new form..have u actually seen someone here get rejected or had the packett returned for that? I've seen several say they sent the updated fees and forms..but haven't seen anyone say they actually got rejected for that.. just courious..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.