Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
24 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

You guys are sending 100s of documents? I suspect my entire package won't reach 100 pages. No need to go crazy, just show them you are in a real marriage.

Im at 160 pages and thats where im stopping 😄

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

As with a lot of things, better to have too much than not enough. kind of a head them off at the pass mentality.

I see it as burdening them with way more than necessary and slowing the process down for yourself and everyone else. 

Timeline
Just now, theredcomet said:

Im at 160 pages and thats where im stopping 😄

That seems reasonable to me. I'm just reminded of back in the old I-129 days when people were sending these huge packets of ####### that served to simply slow down the process. I'm going with a bank statement from every few months along the way (why would the need every month) same with different bills showing the same address. My daughter on her insurance. Some car insurance documents, taxes, and that is about it.

9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I see it as burdening them with way more than necessary and slowing the process down for yourself and everyone else. 

I don't know, the way I see it (maybe naively) is, when they see hundreds of legit documents, maybe they'd be like, alright, this couple is legit, there's no reason to spend too much time on them, just approve them.

There's no way to really know unless we ask someone from USCIS 😅

Edited by skatz

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2020-10-16

NOA Date : 2020-10-30

New Card Ordered: 2021-06-15

Fingerprints Taken (reused) Date: 2021-06-15

Approval / Denial Date : 2021-06-15

Approved : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2017-11-11

NOA Date : 2017-11-18

RFE(s) : 2018-01-05

Bio. Appt. : 2017-11-29

Interview Date : 2019-01-02

Approval / Denial Date : 2019-01-05

GC Received: 2019-01-11

Timeline
5 minutes ago, skatz said:

I don't know, the way I see it (maybe naively) is, when they see hundreds of legit documents, maybe they'd be like, alright, this couple is legit, there's no reason to spend too much time on them, just approve them.

Maybe you're right but I don't think they are just looking at a pile and going well ok they did a lot so we will give them a free pass. My main thing is just try to cut stuff out where you can if you want to send a lot of different things. Like bank statements and bills. Every 4th of 5th month is fine because it is not as if you are removing and adding people to your accounts every other month to generate evidence.

13 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Citizen path and other online help forums recommend the more evidence the better. To avoid interviews this also applies. If the officer can get a good picture of your marriage then you will possibly get approved in a reasonable time without an interview. Having interviews because you didn't satisfy the officer going through your file is what slows the system down. To each their own I guess.

1 minute ago, Bob in Boston said:

Citizen path and other online help forums recommend the more evidence the better. To avoid interviews this also applies. If the officer can get a good picture of your marriage then you will possibly get approved in a reasonable time without an interview. Having interviews because you didn't satisfy the officer going through your file is what slows the system down. To each their own I guess.

Yes, I agree with Bob here. I will send as many legit documents as I can to avoid an interview, even if that means hundreds. Even though I agree with you guys that they should be able to get a full picture with far less

Removal of Conditions

Adjustment of Status

4 minutes ago, Msky said:

Is the current filling fee for i-751 ,$85 +$595 making $680?.Just making sure.

It's currently $680. I would double check the day I send the package that nothing has changed.

Removal of Conditions

Adjustment of Status

I have a question guys:

My mother in law wrote a very nice affidavit letter of support for our I-751 form, which includes her name, address and date. The problem is that she doesn't feel comfortable with the 

“I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.”

part, and therefore removed it. That's why I renamed it to "a letter of support" rather than an affidavit letter. I'd rather not push it too hard as the letter itself summarizes my and my wife's relationship in a very nice way and is very convincing, but I don't know if it's worth anything without those lines. What do you guys think? Should she also sign it?

That being said, I have a very strong evidence so far so it's really not a huge deal if I just don't use it, but I was thinking it couldn't hurt

Edited by skatz

Removal of Conditions

Adjustment of Status

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, skatz said:

I have a question guys:

My mother in law wrote a very nice affidavit letter of support for our I-751 form, which includes her name, address and date. The problem is that she doesn't feel comfortable with the 

part, and therefore removed it. That's why I renamed it to "a letter of support" rather than an affidavit letter. I'd rather not push it too hard as the letter itself summarizes my and my wife's relationship in a very nice way and is very convincing, but I don't know if it's worth anything without those lines. What do you guys think? Should she also sign it?

That being said, I have a very strong evidence so far so it's really not a huge deal if I just don't use it, but I was thinking it couldn't hurt

Per USCIS instruction, "Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people...".  Affidavit can be a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, Msky said:

Is the current filling fee for i-751 ,$85 +$595 making $680?.Just making sure.

So far yes, that is the correct fee amount.  Could change very soon though.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.