Chee88

Is there anyone filed with same sex engagement?

44 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Totally understandable that you feel this way because same-sex marriage is not possible in Japan, it's one of the few industrialized countries in the world that does not recognize same-sex marriages, so the society there still has a long way to go and you are feeling this discrimination, it comes through in your post and questions.  For US immigration, there is no difference in documents required, evidence, etc. for a same-sex couple as a hetero couple, whether you file a K-1 or get married in the US now and then file a CR-1 or you stay and do adjustment of status, it's all the same.  There's still lots of discrimination here in the US depending on where you live, it's slowly improving everywhere, but US immigration clearly states that they do not treat same-sex applications differently.  So rest easy and carefully read the I-129F instructions, work on this with your girlfriend, keep doing research, and make a decision together which path you want to follow.  She files the petition on your behalf anyway so she needs to be more involved in the process.  Good luck!

Wow!  I had no idea.  Unbelievable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Wow!  I had no idea.  Unbelievable.

Yeah, I've been hiding for long long time. All my teenage time was fighting against of fear what people will think if I tell someone...

I even didn't know the word "lesbian" when I was teenage.

So I started traveling to be more myself since I've met a first girlfriend while I was studying English in the US.

So I hope not much people to feel this topic is not suitable here...

I just wanted to feel some connection and encouragement by others...

32 minutes ago, Chee88 said:

Yeah, I've been hiding for long long time. All my teenage time was fighting against of fear what people will think if I tell someone...

I even didn't know the word "lesbian" when I was teenage.

So I started traveling to be more myself since I've met a first girlfriend while I was studying English in the US.

So I hope not much people to feel this topic is not suitable here...

I just wanted to feel some connection and encouragement by others...

Well, welcome to VisaJourney!  There are many same-sex couples here.  Same-sex marriage has been legal in all 50 states for many years as well.  Public opinion and intolerance is slowly changing for the better.  I'm sure that will happen for Japan eventually ❤️

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Well, welcome to VisaJourney!  There are many same-sex couples here.  Same-sex marriage has been legal in all 50 states for many years as well.  Public opinion and intolerance is slowly changing for the better.  I'm sure that will happen for Japan eventually ❤️

Thank you for your welcoming!!

I was surprised that many people are very helpful to share their suggestions, opinion and experiences!!

I'm so grateful to find it!!

Yes, 13 same-sex couples in Japan is fighting to make a same-sex marriage law by suing the Japanese government right now.

It will take time but I believe it'll change for the current young LGBTQ+ people!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

It's not an issue in AZ.

Another option is Las Vegas. It's very quick there. Everything can be done in one day. In Las Vegas, the Marriage Bureau office is open every day of the year from 8AM to midnight. @Loren Y has officiated weddings in Las Vegas.

@Chee88I have done many marriages here in Vegas for many people from VJ. I am more than willing to help you out. Can have everything done here within an hour. I will have to double check the hours, as they weren't staying open until midnight, but they could very well be now. If you need some help you can PM me for information. If you are going to be in Arizona you shouldn't be too far from Las Vegas depending on where you are going, But I can get you married with certificate in hand in an hour or less pretty easily, and I never charge anyone from VJ for my services, so you are only out the cost of the License ( Around 80 dollars), and copies of the Marriage Certificates( 20 dollars each. you should get 2 at the minimum I would recommend, but they are easy to order online and have them mailed to you if you need more down the road). And the license information can all be filled out online before you arrive, so it is a quick 10 minute visit to get the License.Good luck with your journey!!!

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

@Chee88I have done many marriages here in Vegas for many people from VJ. I am more than willing to help you out. Can have everything done here within an hour. I will have to double check the hours, as they weren't staying open until midnight, but they could very well be now. If you need some help you can PM me for information. If you are going to be in Arizona you shouldn't be too far from Las Vegas depending on where you are going, But I can get you married with certificate in hand in an hour or less pretty easily, and I never charge anyone from VJ for my services, so you are only out the cost of the License ( Around 80 dollars), and copies of the Marriage Certificates( 20 dollars each. you should get 2 at the minimum I would recommend, but they are easy to order online and have them mailed to you if you need more down the road). And the license information can all be filled out online before you arrive, so it is a quick 10 minute visit to get the License.Good luck with your journey!!!

Thank you for your reply. It costs a lot(over $1,000) to go to LV and back in this short notice.

So hopefully, we don't have to but I'll talk about it with my partner.

I'll PM if I need your help. Thank you again!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, cjwalker78 said:

Yes, I am a gay man in NYC petitioning to bring my male Brazilian fiance to the States. Our NOA2 is projected to arrive in OCT or NOV - HBU?

Hi cjwalker78, thank you for your message!

My partner and I decided to apply CR-1 as a spouse.

We are working on the paper works now and preparing for wedding!!

Hopefully, we can file it next month **depends on my partner can find a few of necessary documents... lol

Timeline

Dear all,

Thank you again for all your advice!!!

My partner and I decided to marry next week and will apply CR-1 as a spouse.

We already bought dresses and rings!! So excited!!!!!

So I'm collecting more information of CR-1 and working on it now.

I know it's for K-1 as I was going to, but if anyone knows about CR-1 too,

please give me your advices! Anything will be a help 😉

Thank you again!! 

Chihiro

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chee88 said:

Hi cjwalker78, thank you for your message!

My partner and I decided to apply CR-1 as a spouse.

We are working on the paper works now and preparing for wedding!!

Hopefully, we can file it next month **depends on my partner can find a few of necessary documents... lol

How exciting !! I'm really happy for you both!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats on getting married and best of luck to you both! I did not know Japan did not have same sex marriage, so I am glad that here in America you felt comfortable to come out and find a girlfriend and now marry her and stay here. My partner and I wish you the best of luck.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

Congrats on getting married and best of luck to you both! I did not know Japan did not have same sex marriage, so I am glad that here in America you felt comfortable to come out and find a girlfriend and now marry her and stay here. My partner and I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you so much. I was surprised by that many foreign people get surprised about Japan doesn't accept same-sex marriage. haha

My partner and I are trying our best to make our future together. Thank you again for your wish 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.