Jennifer0220

When should I pay the Visa Application Fee?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'll start off by stating I'm completely lost right now. 

A few weeks ago I emailed the Consulate in Casablanca with a question.  I was sent Login information for the CGI Customer Portal (I don't know what this is).  Then I received another email asking for a scanned copy of my approval letter from USCIS.  Today I logged in to see if my question was answered and there is a fee there.  I'm so lost right now.  What does this mean?  When should I pay this?

InkedScreenshot - 9_22_2020 , 12_19_23 PM_LI.jpg

20A.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Did you request expedited processing of your K1 visa?  Did the embassy approve the expedite?

The page in your screenshot is the process of filling out and sumbitting the DS-160 and paying the fee in order to schedule your interview date.  It will not help if the embassy is still not processing K1's, unless they told you they are ready to schedule you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Did you request expedited processing of your K1 visa?  Did the embassy approve the expedite?

The page in your screenshot is the process of filling out and sumbitting the DS-160 and paying the fee in order to schedule your interview date.  It will not help if the embassy is still not processing K1's, unless they told you they are ready to schedule you. 

I emailed the Consulate to ask if they were processing Visas for parents of US Citizen Children.  They haven't answered my question.  The last response I received, they asked for a scanned copy of my approval letter.  I logged in today to find out if my question was answered and saw there was a fee to be paid.  Other than that I have no idea what is going on.

20A.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That website is for completing the steps to getting an interview at the embassy.  It is not for communications with the embassy - that is handled via email.  You should have received a definitive answer to your question - whether yes or no - by email.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

That website is for completing the steps to getting an interview at the embassy.  It is not for communications with the embassy - that is handled via email.  You should have received a definitive answer to your question - whether yes or no - by email.

Ok.  Thank you!  I'm so confused right now.

Is that unusual that they set up an account for me in response to my email?  That was the first response I received to my email - login information to that website.

20A.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jennifer0220 said:

I emailed the Consulate to ask if they were processing Visas for parents of US Citizen Children.  They haven't answered my question.  The last response I received, they asked for a scanned copy of my approval letter.  I logged in today to find out if my question was answered and saw there was a fee to be paid.  Other than that I have no idea what is going on.

Parental visas are suspended until 1.1.21

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Parental visas are suspended until 1.1.21

It's not a parental Visa, it's a K1.  I read somewhere that some European countries were processing K1s despite the travel ban if the beneficiary has a US citizen child under the age of 21.  I emailed Casablanca to see if they had a similar exception

20A.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennifer0220 said:

It's not a parental Visa, it's a K1.  I read somewhere that some European countries were processing K1s despite the travel ban if the beneficiary has a US citizen child under the age of 21.  I emailed Casablanca to see if they had a similar exception

they are not

Casa is doing DV lottery till end of September and has started scheduling the cancelled spouse visa interviews in  October

the backlog is going to take time as many are having troubles getting a medical exam

Thank God people can start to travel within the country 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jennifer0220 said:

Ok.  Thank you!  I'm so confused right now.

Is that unusual that they set up an account for me in response to my email?  That was the first response I received to my email - login information to that website.

You are eligible for NIE... They have prepped you for interview pay for your interview and pick a date

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this site tells you what will be in the packet 3 (by email these days) and when to pay fees

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Morocco&cty=Casablanca

the email you got to pay fees is the one they send for tourist visa and does not answer your query when the fee is paid to a bank and receipt taken to interview

send a new email per the ID to nivcasablanca@state.gov for K1 as I believe according to the above site that we still pay the fee at embassy day of appointment

i am sure if things have changed some K1 people going thru Casa will chime in 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

You are eligible for NIE... They have prepped you for interview pay for your interview and pick a date

What is "NIE"?

20A.jpg

Timeline
53 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

this site tells you what will be in the packet 3 (by email these days) and when to pay fees

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Morocco&cty=Casablanca

the email you got to pay fees is the one they send for tourist visa and does not answer your query when the fee is paid to a bank and receipt taken to interview

send a new email per the ID to nivcasablanca@state.gov for K1 as I believe according to the above site that we still pay the fee at embassy day of appointment

i am sure if things have changed some K1 people going thru Casa will chime in 

Thank you.  I'm so confused.  The $265 fee is the same fee that would paid on the day of the interview?

20A.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jennifer0220 said:

Thank you.  I'm so confused.  The $265 fee is the same fee that would paid on the day of the interview?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

I’m in  the same situation and my fiancé is from Casablanca . From what I heard , you pay it at the Embassy but then again it says on the website you showed that in order to set up an appointment you have to pay first . It’s so confusing . 
We are waiting for the next email of instructions on how to set up an appointment and all documentation needed etc .Also if you do pay fee just know it has an expiration date of one year. As long as u set up an appointment within that year you should be good . If you have questions or anything let me know I’m also very confused about all this . 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lizzy_1994 said:

I’m in  the same situation and my fiancé is from Casablanca . From what I heard , you pay it at the Embassy but then again it says on the website you showed that in order to set up an appointment you have to pay first . It’s so confusing . 
We are waiting for the next email of instructions on how to set up an appointment and all documentation needed etc .Also if you do pay fee just know it has an expiration date of one year. As long as u set up an appointment within that year you should be good . If you have questions or anything let me know I’m also very confused about all this . 

So it's best to wait for further instructions?  Thank you

20A.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.