LoveJonLovell

K1 - Expedite Request accepted... But Before NOA2

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello. My fiancée put in a request for an expedite, which was accepted on September 9, 2020 (Medical reasons). However, we hadn't/haven't received our NOA2 (or had RFEs, etc.) Has anyone else expedited before their NOA2? I'm interested to know a rough time frame...

😁😁 LDR Themed Videos - https://Youtube.com/lovejonlovell 😁😁

K1 Visa

March 3, 2020Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS.

March 5, 2020USCIS received I-129f application.

March 10, 2020 - Received receipt text from USCIS for NOA1.

October 8, 2020 - Case Tracker notification for RFE.

October 13, 2020 - RFE received through mail - Response sent same day.

October 19, 2020 - App Message from USCIS saying RFE response received.

November 25, 2020 - Case Tracker App Message for NOA2  approval.

December 5, 2020 - Received hard copy NOA2 through mail. Signed up to NVC Email list.

December 15, 2020 - NVC receive documents.

January 8, 2021 - Call to NVC - New Case Number assigned. Filled out DS-160.

June 29, 2021 - Joined Lawsuit King vs Blinken.

August 3, 2021 - Case Status changed from at NVC to In Transit on NVC Case Tracker.

August 9, 2021 - Case Status changed from In Transit to Ready on NVC Case Tracker. Interview and Medical Booked.

August 20, 2021 - Medical Complete.

August 25, 2021 - Interview Complete - approved subject to Medical Documents.

August 25, 2021 - Case Status to Refused subject to Medical Documents.

August 26, 2021 - Case Status changed from Refused to Administrative Processing.

August 31, 2021 - Case Status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued.

September 1, 2021 - K-1 Visa in delivered to home address and in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, LoveJonLovell said:

Hello. My fiancée put in a request for an expedite, which was accepted on September 9, 2020 (Medical reasons). However, we hadn't/haven't received our NOA2 (or had RFEs, etc.) Has anyone else expedited before their NOA2? I'm interested to know a rough time frame...

Who approved the expedite?

YMMV

43 minutes ago, LoveJonLovell said:

Has anyone else expedited before their NOA2? I'm interested to know a rough time frame...

So USCIS still hasn't approved the petition? After petition approval, you'll still face UK and Ireland proclamation restriction unless you meet a listed exception (e.g. biological parent of US citizen child, NIE, etc.). https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/18/2020-05797/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of

"Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(vii) any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(viii) any alien

(A) seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee's immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or

(B) whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement;

(ix) any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, through the CDC Director or his designee;

(x) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee;

(xi) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees; or

(xii) members of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces."

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

So USCIS still hasn't approved the petition? After petition approval, you'll still face UK and Ireland proclamation restriction unless you meet a listed exception (e.g. biological parent of US citizen child, NIE, etc.).

We're being allowed an exemption from what I understand.

K1 Visa

December 5, 2020 - Received hard copy NOA2 through mail. Signed up to NVC Email list.

August 3, 2021 - Case Status changed from at NVC to In Transit on NVC Case Tracker.

August 9, 2021 - Case Status changed from In Transit to Ready on NVC Case Tracker. Interview and Medical Booked.

August 26, 2021 - Case Status changed from Refused to Administrative Processing.

13 minutes ago, LoveJonLovell said:

We're being allowed an exemption from what I understand.

Who said that? If USCIS Tier 2, then they are referring to petition adjudication. You must contact London Embassy to talk about National Interest Exception (NIE) for visa issuance. "Under recent guidance, however, the following K-1 visa applicants may qualify for a national interest exception (NIE) if he or she is travelling as (1) a public health or healthcare professional or researcher to alleviate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, or to continue ongoing research in an area with substantial public health benefit (e.g. cancer or disease research); or to provide care for a U.S. citizen, to include alleviating the burden of care from a medical or other institution, or (2) to prevent a U.S. citizen from becoming a public charge or ward of the state or the ward of a medical or other institution."

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Who said that? If USCIS Tier 2, then they are referring to petition adjudication. You must contact London Embassy to talk about National Interest Exception (NIE) for visa issuance.

Great! Thanks for answering the question I asked...

K1 Visa

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OP, I don’t think it works that way? NVC doesn’t approve expedited cases only the embassy/consulate. That is very interesting if true. 

12 hours ago, In4theJourney said:

OP, I don’t think it works that way? NVC doesn’t approve expedited cases only the embassy/consulate. That is very interesting if true. 

I think there must have been a misunderstanding when the OP posted this.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.