9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Morning all, 

can someone advise us if we’re doing this right.  

My wife is here on k1 visa, at her medical exam in London all the test was don except the flu jab, she refused another at the medical cause she had just taking one three weeks prior. Her form 3025 was processed & sent to the embassy for her interview, but she was told at the medical she will need it fo her AOS. Nothing was mentioned as regards the the Jab at her interview.

We’re Sending the AOS this week, should we just take the flu shot get the record and include it with our copy of form 3025?

we will appreciate ur response.
Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ola&niki said:

Morning all, 

My wife is here on k1 visa, at her medical exam in London all the test was don except the flu jab, she refused another at the medical cause she had just taking one three weeks prior. Her form 3025 was processed & sent to the embassy for her interview, but she was told at the medical she will need it fo her AOS. Nothing was mentioned as regards the the Jab at her interview.

We’re Sending the AOS this week, should we just take the flu shot get the record and include it with our copy of form 3025?

Thank you.

Taking any kind of jab and including it without being transcibed onto a USCIS form by an authorized Civil surgeon is of no value.  If you look on the bottom left corner of the ds3025,  what is indicated?  

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ola&niki said:

It said “k visa application election not to be vaccinated at this examination”

Then you need to visit a civil surgeon and have them complete the vaccination section on the i693 and submit that form with the i485.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It sounds like she didn't tell them, or show the documentation, that she had gotten the flu shot.  It would have been included and the form marked as complete if she had. Now,

you'll need to find a civil surgeon in your area and have them fill out an I-693.

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ola&niki said:

Than u for the reply. She didn’t take it to the medical, but took it to the interview & papawork It wasn’t taken from her.

Unfortunately it needed to be given to the panel physician at the medical to be transcribed onto the ds3025.   You only have one path to get it done and that is the i693 from a civil surgeon 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ola&niki said:

1 hour ago, Ola&niki said:

Morning all, 

Thank you.

What was the date of the medical? Flu season does not even start until October 1 so they shouldn’t have even considered her incomplete. If the medical was before the end of March, then it was flu season and appropriate to ask. Unfortunately her paperwork says she chose not to complete her vaccinations so that is what you have to deal with.

A civil surgeon could put all her vaccinations, including the flu jab she already had, onto an I-693 and sign her off. They often won’t do just the immunizations and will insist they have to do the full medical again. Pricey and not necessary. If you can find one who will do it for a small fee, that’s an option. If October 1 rolls around (new flu season start) then a civil surgeon will want her to have this years version.  

Also consider the option of waiting for your interview. If your interview falls April to September (not flu season) then no flu jab is required of anybody, even if they skipped it at their visa medical. It is waived. You have a 50/50 chance.  If it is flu season and the interviewer says she must get one,  then deal with the civil surgeon at that time and send the I-693 back to the interviewer so he can approve. You won’t start over in a long AOS queue. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.