ClaireL

Need to Add to Already Submitted I-129f

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Apologies if this topic has been covered in recent times. My searches didn't come up with a specific answer.

We posted our application in Feb then later realised we needed to have included more information on something. We have since received an RFE with regards to a different subject. 

We are planning to provide the additional detail in an affidavit along with the RFE information.  Do people feel would this be an appropriate way of going about it?

Thanking you in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ClaireL said:

Hi All,

Apologies if this topic has been covered in recent times. My searches didn't come up with a specific answer.

We posted our application in Feb then later realised we needed to have included more information on something. We have since received an RFE with regards to a different subject. 

We are planning to provide the additional detail in an affidavit along with the RFE information.  Do people feel would this be an appropriate way of going about it?

Thanking you in advance

If they didn't RFE you for that topic, what makes you believe it is required?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, ClaireL said:

Hi All,

Thanking you in advance

I would give them what they asked for regarding the RFE and nothing more.  I wouldn't give them anything which might confuse them. Anything else could be grounds for them generate additional RFEs.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

There are very few things required with the submission of the I-129f. Wait for the RFE and send specifically what they ask. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Technically speaking, an RFE is a written request for more information and documentation that USCIS mails out if they believe that they don’t yet have enough evidence to approve or deny a given application. An RFE normally is a minor item and should not be looked at like it's a denial but an opportunity for you to complete your application. USCIS would not send out an RFE if they were going to deny your application. It's just a step that they must take and once they have your information and it meets their approval then you should be seeing your NOA2.

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Technically speaking, an RFE is a written request for more information and documentation that USCIS mails out if they believe that they don’t yet have enough evidence to approve or deny a given application. An RFE normally is a minor item and should not be looked at like it's a denial but an opportunity for you to complete your application. USCIS would not send out an RFE if they were going to deny your application. It's just a step that they must take and once they have your information and it meets their approval then you should be seeing your NOA2.

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient. 

Many thanks for such a detailed response. The RFE was linked to a divorce certificate I forgot to include but additional evidence was also required for something referenced in Section 3.

I did not get an RFE, but I did "add" something critical to my petition ~ 4 months after filing, which was a 28 year old divorce decree from England, which had not been submitted in full in our original petition.  

Amazingly, it worked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.