engr Arinze

Nigeria consulate

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please fellow Members from Nigeria, any update from the Lagos consulate and the embassy in Abuja, please share a little piece of info you have Cos am already frustrated from this whole wait.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don’t think they’ve started rescheduling or scheduling , just be patient cos I’ve been waiting for the Lagos consulate as well. My interview was supposed to b In April but it was cancelled and wasn’t rescheduled until now. I’m as frustrated as u re and a lot of us re. Let’s just keep hoping the embassy’s starts rescheduling soon. B patient aiit.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Iam_imelda_ said:

I don’t think they’ve started rescheduling or scheduling , just be patient cos I’ve been waiting for the Lagos consulate as well. My interview was supposed to b In April but it was cancelled and wasn’t rescheduled until now. I’m as frustrated as u re and a lot of us re. Let’s just keep hoping the embassy’s starts rescheduling soon. B patient aiit.

Okay thank you so much ,you gave me all the hope I needed again ,my interview was suppose to be In March but cancelled ,May God keep us strong throughout this type and my spirit is telling me to be ready Cos it will come anytime ,God bless you

Edited by Orafu LAWRENCE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

U welcome. The interview will come soon cos I can see other countries rescheduling already, Let’s hope it comes before Christmas 🤗🤗Just be ready when it comes and let’s hope for the best, all hope is not lost.

Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

Please fellow Members from Nigeria, any update from the Lagos consulate and the embassy in Abuja, please share a little piece of info you have Cos am already frustrated from this whole wait.

I'm hearing maybe October 01, from one of the members. But, I'm unsure about the embassy in Abuja. Everyone that I know have their spousal interview in Lagos. 

If I hear anything I will pm you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, Rosemichelle said:

I'm hearing maybe October 01, from one of the members. But, I'm unsure about the embassy in Abuja. Everyone that I know have their spousal interview in Lagos. 

If I hear anything I will pm you...

Abuja only does Non-immigration interviews. They have hinted opening in October we shall see.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Hey in the meantime while everyone is waiting, please make sure you have an updated Timeline. I see a few people here and there with no timeline up and this is how we get our stats an can report timelines and such. It helps us all when we have updated data. Abeg and Dalu.

Also your timelines is how I get info top add you to the DQ to Interview spreadsheet no data no spreadsheet,

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
7 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Abuja only does Non-immigration interviews. They have hinted opening in October we shall see.

Yes I know that, my case is with the Lagos consulate I just decided to add Abuja too Cos I know some vj members awaits Abuja too, we cant leave anybody behind 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

Yes I know that, my case is with the Lagos consulate I just decided to add Abuja too Cos I know some vj members awaits Abuja too, we cant leave anybody behind 

I wasn't responding to you I was responding to Rosemichelle comment:

"Please fellow Members from Nigeria, any update from the Lagos consulate and the embassy in Abuja, please share a little piece of info you have Cos am already frustrated from this whole wait."

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
1 minute ago, dwheels76 said:

I wasn't responding to you I was responding to Rosemichelle comment:

"Please fellow Members from Nigeria, any update from the Lagos consulate and the embassy in Abuja, please share a little piece of info you have Cos am already frustrated from this whole wait."

Got you , hope you good, blessed 

Timeline
5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

It will be nice to see so many are waiting for their time...

Timeline

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

A friend of mine is planning to get married to a US citizen, wedding is scheduled to hold in Nigeria afterwards, they'd begin visa petition process. She was told by someone that they need to make a newspaper publication of their intended wedding prior to the wedding day. That it's to be used alongside documents proving their wedding is legal, for her future interview.

Is this requirement necessary?

25 minutes ago, Chidinma said:

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

A friend of mine is planning to get married to a US citizen, wedding is scheduled to hold in Nigeria afterwards, they'd begin visa petition process. She was told by someone that they need to make a newspaper publication of their intended wedding prior to the wedding day. That it's to be used alongside documents proving their wedding is legal, for her future interview.

Is this requirement necessary?

Not needed by USCIS Not needed by the consulate per the document reciprocity guide per se.   Note that Nigeria has many types of marriages:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nigeria.html

Do what is required to get married locally and follow the guideline mor marriage certificate linked above.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

Finally at least an update and some promising news going forward hopefully.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/routine-message-to-u-s-citizens-limited-resumption-of-services/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.