Meghan.brooke

MONTREAL Covid Rescheduling Interviews and New Interviews

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Skaur0609 said:

There inbox thread for Montreal. Not sure if u know about it. I wish its common forum thread that way everyone is aware. 

I agree more info should get posted in the forum instead of the 8000+ page inbox thread. Forums are much easier to search for key words and allows everyone to benefit from information. 

Timeline

For some reason I am not in the other thread 🤷‍♀️ Do you know how I can get back in it to just read responses? I am curious to know for those rescheduled and interview now done, how it went. My rescheduled interview is on the 23rd.  

1 hour ago, Tbeck said:

For some reason I am not in the other thread 🤷‍♀️ Do you know how I can get back in it to just read responses? I am curious to know for those rescheduled and interview now done, how it went. My rescheduled interview is on the 23rd.  

Pasting from other thread. 

Here's a littke recap of my interview:

**I received an email last week letting me know that my police clearance was expired and I needed financials for 2019. Was asked to upload these to ceac.**

-Had redone my police cert in Nov last year after some people had been denied due to wrong cert (even after NVC had accepted) so I uploaded that  and once my husband finally got his taxes done last week I uploaded tax forms and W2's for 2019.

- interview was at 845am, arrived a couple mins early no one else outside. Door was locked but someone came out and asked me for my ID and did covid screening questions...travel, symptoms...the usual. Then let me in.

-scan items to make sure no electronics then sent me to floor one and told me to go to one of 3 specific windows once upstairs...pay attention and do exactly that (the security guy up there snapped at some poor man for trying to ask him where to go when he got off the elevator)

-once upstairs at window they asked for specific things...passport, original marriage cert, birth cert, police clearance, sealed medical and 1 photo, then took finger prints. Clarified addresses and dates while scanning in papers. Gave me back my chest xray dvd and a pamphlet on abuse then told me to have a seat and they would call me by name and tell me which window to go to.

-sat for about 1 hour then got called up to window, did oath, asked if I read the pamphlet then asked me when I met my husband, if it was both of our first marriages, if we had any children together  what his job was, if I'd ever been arrested anywhere and where I wanted green card sent. 

-she then checked the date of medical and I told her it was new (obtained Aug 25) so she changed the date on computer and then said my visa would expire with my police clearance (Nov 19) so I had to cross before then.

-kept my passport and police cert and handed back everything else along with a welcome to the USA paper with info on paying green card fee. Then thanked me for being so organized and prepared.

**they did not ask for financials but I could see there were notes written on  my file that said they had been uploaded.**

Overall it was stress free. I took exactly what they asked for on my interview letter and then followed instructions when asked for uploads. No more, no less.

There were only 2 other people upstairs when I got off elevator, one being interviewed and one waiting. 2 other individuals and a family of 4 came while I was waiting.  Everyone was friendly (aside from the 1 security guard) and I was back in my hotel by 1030am.

Timeline
11 hours ago, betzzymathew said:

Pasting from other thread. 

Here's a littke recap of my interview:

**I received an email last week letting me know that my police clearance was expired and I needed financials for 2019. Was asked to upload these to ceac.**

-Had redone my police cert in Nov last year after some people had been denied due to wrong cert (even after NVC had accepted) so I uploaded that  and once my husband finally got his taxes done last week I uploaded tax forms and W2's for 2019.

- interview was at 845am, arrived a couple mins early no one else outside. Door was locked but someone came out and asked me for my ID and did covid screening questions...travel, symptoms...the usual. Then let me in.

-scan items to make sure no electronics then sent me to floor one and told me to go to one of 3 specific windows once upstairs...pay attention and do exactly that (the security guy up there snapped at some poor man for trying to ask him where to go when he got off the elevator)

-once upstairs at window they asked for specific things...passport, original marriage cert, birth cert, police clearance, sealed medical and 1 photo, then took finger prints. Clarified addresses and dates while scanning in papers. Gave me back my chest xray dvd and a pamphlet on abuse then told me to have a seat and they would call me by name and tell me which window to go to.

-sat for about 1 hour then got called up to window, did oath, asked if I read the pamphlet then asked me when I met my husband, if it was both of our first marriages, if we had any children together  what his job was, if I'd ever been arrested anywhere and where I wanted green card sent. 

-she then checked the date of medical and I told her it was new (obtained Aug 25) so she changed the date on computer and then said my visa would expire with my police clearance (Nov 19) so I had to cross before then.

-kept my passport and police cert and handed back everything else along with a welcome to the USA paper with info on paying green card fee. Then thanked me for being so organized and prepared.

**they did not ask for financials but I could see there were notes written on  my file that said they had been uploaded.**

Overall it was stress free. I took exactly what they asked for on my interview letter and then followed instructions when asked for uploads. No more, no less.

There were only 2 other people upstairs when I got off elevator, one being interviewed and one waiting. 2 other individuals and a family of 4 came while I was waiting.  Everyone was friendly (aside from the 1 security guard) and I was back in my hotel by 1030am.

Thank you!! 

Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, Skaur0609 said:

I wish its common forum thread that way everyone is aware. 

23 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

I agree more info should get posted in the forum instead of the 8000+ page inbox thread. Forums are much easier to search for key words and allows everyone to benefit from information. 

It's been done before and it never sticks as well as the chat has, feel free to try though. Also, I'd share the thread where I shared the FAQ as a post instead of a doc but apparently it's been deleted. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

I think most of the peoole are on inbox thread so its hard to have forum like this active. I didn't know for the longest time that inbox chat existed. I used to gp crazy how not lot of information on Montreal existed. I will also try post some info here from inbox to see if we can get this thread going. 

Timeline

I would suggest that everybody fill out their timelines to help stats on VJ. That is also information sharing. 

I have been DQ since January 17th. Still waiting on interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.