CitizenJ

Can my wife's father get an emergency tourist visa? [merged threads]

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
58 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Are you serious? Having a baby to try get a tourist visa …for a reason that wouldn’t work anyway. Jeez.

It wouldn't work? 

timeline in layman's terms:

Submitted I-130 (in person) - September 16th, 2014

I-130 Approved - November 12th, 2014

Received an e-mail prompting me and my wife to complete form DS-260 and submit some documents to a bank (NOA2?) - November 28th, 2014

Submitted documents to bank - December 4th, 2014

Received an e-mail instructing me and my wife to schedule an interview appointment - December 18th, 2014

20 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

Just fear of the virus

Basically that. In response to Trump reducing the list, Biden's incoming press secretary said the following (*also note the date of the Tweet; 2 days later Biden was sworn-in as President and on Jan. 25 he reversed Trump's decision):

Liechtenstein?

When that one was implemented the concern was Italy and the Schengen Area's open borders: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/16/2020-05578/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of "The World Health Organization has determined that multiple countries within the Schengen Area are experiencing sustained person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2. For purposes of this proclamation, the Schengen Area comprises 26 European states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. The Schengen Area currently has the largest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases outside of the People's Republic of China."

you mentioned Ecuador

Note that I mentioned Ecuador because Chinese passport holders have visa-free access to Ecuador for up to 90 days.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

When that one was implemented the concern was Italy and the Schengen Area's open borders: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/16/2020-05578/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of "The World Health Organization has determined that multiple countries within the Schengen Area are experiencing sustained person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2. For purposes of this proclamation, the Schengen Area comprises 26 European states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. The Schengen Area currently has the largest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases outside of the People's Republic of China."

Ah, I see. Makes sense.

timeline in layman's terms:

Submitted I-130 (in person) - September 16th, 2014

I-130 Approved - November 12th, 2014

Received an e-mail prompting me and my wife to complete form DS-260 and submit some documents to a bank (NOA2?) - November 28th, 2014

Submitted documents to bank - December 4th, 2014

Received an e-mail instructing me and my wife to schedule an interview appointment - December 18th, 2014

2 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

Another thing we were thinking about is getting my wife pregnant which might allow my wife's father to be brought over on an emergency visa (correct?).

Yeah, nah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

It wouldn't work? 

No, getting pregnant wouldn't make it an emergency that her father visit.

That's... quite the stretch.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
12 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

Haha no. I 100% forgot that I made this thread a year ago so was attempting to make a new thread asking how my wife and I could bring my wife's father to America. I didn't want to bother going into detail about his wife dying / why my wife was only trying to bring her father over so I just referred to her father as "her parents". After I created the thread, the mods merged it with this thread that I made a year ago (and had forgotten about). I can't believe it's already been a year since his wife died...

My wife and I have a 3 and a half year old daughter that my wife's dad hasn't seen for almost 2 years now. If we knew restrictions would end soon, we'd just wait it out but, at the rate things are going, it could be years before things get back to normal. My wife feels horrible because her father is missing his only granddaughter growing up and is stuck in China all alone. We would go over there but the quarantining process over there is completely insane. They make you quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks and, after that, they lock you in your apartment for another 2 weeks. I could actually deal with that but by far the worst part is that, EVERYDAY you're in quarantine, the workers there will shove a tube into your nasal cavity AND a tube up your butt. I couldn't even imaging personally going through that everyday much less watching my 3 year old go through it.

Another thing we were thinking about is getting my wife pregnant which might allow my wife's father to be brought over on an emergency visa (correct?).

Your reason for wanting the father here seems to be changing. First, it was to help him during this difficult time. Now, because he is missing her granddaughter. Those are not emergencies. I am certain that a lot of people are going through the same thing as you. Why would you be an exception?

Then you state that you want to get your wife pregnant and claim an emergency.  You and your wife are desperately trying to plot a way to get her father to the US.

That is FRAUD.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, jakelake said:

Your reason for wanting the father here seems to be changing. First, it was to help him during this difficult time. Now, because he is missing her granddaughter. Those are not emergencies. I am certain that a lot of people are going through the same thing as you. Why would you be an exception?

Then you state that you want to get your wife pregnant and claim an emergency.  You and your wife are desperately trying to plot a way to get her father to the US.

That is FRAUD.

Making it more difficult for others from that country who legitimately want to visit and return home.....

On 8/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, jakelake said:

Don't forget the emergency to visit an as-yet-not-conceived baby.   I think that is a first here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.