Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, GoldenMontana said:

Thanks for doing that AHMILWAUKEE 

I am actually scheduled for 12/29/20 though. I got my date on 11/9. :)

Thank you to @DreamCatcher77. I don´t want to take their credit. :) Thank you DreamCatcher77!!

AOS (I-485 + I-130 + I-485 + I-765)

09-26-2014 - NOA for AOS, EAD & AP

10-24-2014 - Biometrics completed

12-09-2014 Received EAD and AP card

12/17/2014 - Interview

12/22/2014 - AOS Approved :dance:

12-xx-2014 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

ROC (I-751)

10-02-2016  - Package Sent by Express Mail 

10-11-2016  - NOA received 

12-09-2016 - Biometrics completed

12-19-2017 - Infopass appointment for I-551 Stamp on Passport

03/19/2018 - I-751 Approved!

04/06/2018 - Received 10 year Green Card with INCORRECT "Resident Since"

FIXING TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR IN MY 10 YEAR GREEN CARD

04/13/2018 - Submitted online service request about a typographical error on my Permanent Resident Card. 

04/26/2018 - CSC instructed me to send incorrect GC to the CIS Service Center with a request to expedite service due to Admin Error.

05/16/2018 - Received RECALL letter for wrong GC

05/18/2018 - Follow instructions in RECALL letter for people who already returned their GC to CIS. Instructions were to send an email to specific email address. Received answer on 05/26/2018 and mailed on 05/31/2018

06/25/2018 - Received SECOND GC with STILL WRONG DATE. I called the 800 phone number and instructed me to email uscisspecialcases

09/05/2018 - After following up my emails every 3 weeks, and FINALLY getting hold to my an agent, I was instructed to send the SECOND wrong card to CSC.

09/28/2018 - Received FINALLY my correct GC!✌️

One year to rest from dealing with the USCIS

Naturalization (N-400)

09-20-2020 - N-400 filled online

09-20-2020 - NOA Online

12-10-2020 - Biometric Reuse letter

02-03-2021 - Interview scheduled for March 18th.

03-01-2021 - Interview cancelled & received new Interview date for April 12th

04-12-2021 - Interview & Approved 🎉

04-13-2021 - Notification that approved was added to my USCIS online account

04-14-2021 - Scheduled Oat for 4/29/21.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am thinking about doing a trip to New Zealand to see family for 2 months (March - May~) 
Filed in California and don't expect an interview until October... But now I see a lot of September filers getting interviews! 
Do you think I should be ok to go for a 2 month trip? 
Terrified of missing my appointment, but it seems safe given California seems to be slower than other parts... 

My case info - 

Receipt Notice September 30, 2020

Biometrics Reuse December 14, 2020

K1

Spoiler

2014-12-16 I-129F Sent
2014-12-22 (TSC) I-129F NOA1

2015-06-25 Messaged Congressman, 2015-06-30 Sent Privacy form for them to inquire with TSC on our behalf, 2015-07-09 Congressman inquired on our behalf: 2015-07-09

2015-08-11 I-129F NOA2 APPROVED
2015-11-20 Visa Interview
2015-12-23 POE

2016-01-27 Marriage

AOS

Spoiler

2016-02-11 Mailed application
2016-02-16 Application received
2016-02-23 NOA 1 texts EAD + AOS
2016-02-29 NOA 1 Hard copies
2016-03-17 Biometrics Appt
2016-03-22 RFE on case status
2016-03-28 RFE hardcopy. Reason: i864 page 3 part 4 not filled out. Do not delete sponsor's name in part 11 "additional info" it will delete name in part 4.
2016-04-04 Mailed RFE response
2016-04-08 RFE response received by USCIS (case status updated on 2016-04-11)

2016-04-22 EAD APPROVED

2016-04-29 EAD Hard copy received

2016-05-09 RFE blue sheet (from Irving TX?) saying Medical is expired??? (Medical was performed November 2015)

2016-05-10 Called USCIS. Was told to mail a response that my medical is not expired. Did that, then freaked out after seeing people got DENIED doing that. Intercepted my package with USPS Package intercept... Thankfully it worked.
2016-05-18 Mailed new Medical. No status update re: if it was received.
2016-06-07 NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED CASE STATUS UPDATE

ROC
Spoiler

2018-03-13 Mailed application
2018-03-15 NOA1 date

2018-04-20 Biometrics notice date
2018-05
-11 Biometrics Appt

2019-04-24 Greencard received! 

N400

2020-09-30 Receipt Notice (filed online)
2020-12-14 Biometrics Reuse

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My in laws applied for n-400 on September 9,2020 in orlando,fl

They got their biometric appointment on Jan 29,2021. Now, would they have their interview anytime soon?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Interview done earlier in the day on 6th January at the Norfolk USCIS office.

Arrived at 11.30 am for an interview at 11.45 am.

Showed my interview letter and driver's id to be let in.

Asked to wait in the 2nd floor. At around 11.55 am I was welcomed in by a lady officer.  While she called out my name I noticed she was struggling to pronounce my last name and I said "It's okay officer, even after 7 years of marriage my wife struggles with it till today" and she burst out laughing and I thought that immediately broke the ice. She led me into a room and a screen separated the officer from me.

The officer first asked  to see my passport, green card and driver's id.

The officer made me stand up, raise my hand and essentially made me  say that whatever I am about  to say in the interview is all going to be true.

Then she said she is now going to administer the English test. She asked me to write down "How many senators do we have? on the electronic pad which I did and then she made me write something to the effect that we have 100 senators. She announced that I passed my English test.

She then proceeded to ask questions for my civics test - she exactly asked me 6 questions which I got them all correct.

1) What did the Emancipation Declaration do?

2) What are the two main political parties in the US?

3) Who signs the Bills so that they become laws? ( I am paraphrasing her question here)

4) What ocean lies to the east of the US East Coast?

5) Name one of the two longest rivers in the USA?

I cannot remember the 6th question.

She proceeded to announce that I passed the civics test.

She then told me that she would go through my application. All she did was basically repeat what I filled out in my application and all I had to do was to say yes or no to them.

When the question about any Federal taxes owed was asked -  I replied "Owed at the time of filing application - fully paid as of today". She asked to see the relevant documents and I produced the IRS installment agreement, the 4 installments that I paid - and the final full amount that I chose to pay in advance to fully settle the amount. The officer made copies of the documents I gave her and returned the originals.

Then came the question of my speeding ticket and she did not ask to see any documents as she said "I saw the speeding ticket you uploaded online".

Before she proceeded to the next question - I politely interjected and said that I have something to tell you as I was not quite sure how to fill this out at the time of original filing of the application.

I mentioned to the officer that I was involved in a single vehicle incident - where my vehicle slipped on the ramp in heavy rain conditions and rammed into the guard rail. The cop gave me summons to appear in the court - I went to the court - paid the court fees and nothing ever appeared in my driving record and that was the end of that.

The officer actually commended me that I revealed this information to her- because she told me that she never did find anything in my driver's record but it was good that I told her about this incident. She asked for and made copies of the relevant documents that I brought.

She also made some minor corrections for some errors I made in the application.

She made me go through the corrections she made on my behalf and sign them all on the electronic pad.

At the end she gave me a paper which said  to the effect "Congratulations, Your application is recommended for approval".  "If final approval is granted you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony".

Does anyone know what "If Final Approval is granted" means -  what else could they be checking at this point?

Overall it was such an incredibly painless experience - given my initial worries about some issues I had with my application.

I wish everyone all the very best in their N400 journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 1/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, shoobi said:

I am thinking about doing a trip to New Zealand to see family for 2 months (March - May~) 
Filed in California and don't expect an interview until October... But now I see a lot of September filers getting interviews! 
Do you think I should be ok to go for a 2 month trip? 
Terrified of missing my appointment, but it seems safe given California seems to be slower than other parts... 

My case info - 

Receipt Notice September 30, 2020

Biometrics Reuse December 14, 2020

Unless it's a super urgent trip - I think it is a good idea to stay back.

I am pleasantly surprised as to how quickly things have moved for so many September filers - hopefully that will be the case with you as well.

Had my interview today. All straightforward and went well. I’ve been submitted for approval.

filed sept 21

Biometrics reuse notice Nov 2nd

Interview Jan 6th

8/31/2011 I-129f sent... Come on...no whammies

9/8/11 NOA1

1/5/12 NOA2 whammies averted Just follow the guides people, it isn't rocket science

2/27/12 Medical

3/6/12 Packet 3 sent

3/17/12 Packet 4 received

4/17/12 Interview ------- Approved

5/9/12 POE Atlanta... then off to Austin

5/26/12 Married

6/5/12 applied SS# 6/11/12 received SS#

7/17/12 AOS filed I485 I131 I765

09/18/12 - EAD/AP approved

09/26/12 - EAD/AP Card delivered

03/07/13 - AOS Approved, No interview, No RFEs

03/15/13 - Greencard received

01/17/15 - filed for 10 year greencard

09/15/15 - 10 year green card recieved, no interview.........again

9 hours ago, Shawn&Jodie said:

Had my interview today. All straightforward and went well. I’ve been submitted for approval.

filed sept 21

Interview Jan 6th

Congratulations!

04-11-2016 Sent to Dallas, TX

04-14-2016 ✔ Received @ Dallas. Case routed to CSC

04-18-2016 ✔ NOA1 email/text notification

04-23-2016 ✔ NOA1 hard copy received

06-25-2016 ✔ NOA2 APPROVED

(68 days since NOA1)

06-30-2016 NOA2 Hard copy received

07-21-2016 ✔ NVC number assigned!

(26 days since NOA2)

07-27-2016 ✔ NVC case status "READY"

08-03-2016 ✔ 1st day of Medical @SLEC

08-04-2016 ✔ 2nd day of Medical @SLEC. Passed.

08-05-2016 ✔ NVC e-mail notification

08-08-2016 ✔ NVC Hard copy received

(19 days since NVC # assigned)

08-16-2016 ✔ INTERVIEW APPROVED

08-18-2016 ✔ CFO Seminar

08-19-2016 ✔ Visa READY for pick up

08-20-2016 Visa Picked up @2GO MOA

08-24-2016 POE @ LAX

11 hours ago, leonidas_alexan said:

Asked to wait in the 2nd floor. At around 11.55 am I was welcomed in by a lady officer.  While she called out my name I noticed she was struggling to pronounce my last name and I said "It's okay officer, even after 7 years of marriage my wife struggles with it till today" and she burst out laughing and I thought that immediately broke the ice. She led me into a room and a screen separated the officer from me.

The officer made me stand up, raise my hand and essentially made me  say that whatever I am about  to say in the interview is all going to be true.

Then she said she is now going to administer the English test. She asked me to write down "How many senators do we have? on the electronic pad which I did and then she made me write something to the effect that we have 100 senators. She announced that I passed my English test.

She then proceeded to ask questions for my civics test - she exactly asked me 6 questions which I got them all correct.

3) Who signs the Bills so that they become laws? ( I am paraphrasing her question here)

She then told me that she would go through my application. All she did was basically repeat what I filled out in my application and all I had to do was to say yes or no to them.

When the question about any Federal taxes owed was asked -  I replied "Owed at the time of filing application - fully paid as of today". She asked to see the relevant documents and I produced the IRS installment agreement, the 4 installments that I paid - and the final full amount that I chose to pay in advance to fully settle the amount. The officer made copies of the documents I gave her and returned the originals.

Then came the question of my speeding ticket and she did not ask to see any documents as she said "I saw the speeding ticket you uploaded online".

Before she proceeded to the next question - I politely interjected and said that I have something to tell you as I was not quite sure how to fill this out at the time of original filing of the application.

I mentioned to the officer that I was involved in a single vehicle incident - where my vehicle slipped on the ramp in heavy rain conditions and rammed into the guard rail. The cop gave me summons to appear in the court - I went to the court - paid the court fees and nothing ever appeared in my driving record and that was the end of that.

The officer actually commended me that I revealed this information to her- because she told me that she never did find anything in my driver's record but it was good that I told her about this incident. She asked for and made copies of the relevant documents that I brought.

She made me go through the corrections she made on my behalf and sign them all on the electronic pad.

At the end she gave me a paper which said  to the effect "Congratulations, Your application is recommended for approval".  "If final approval is granted you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony".

Does anyone know what "If Final Approval is granted" means -  what else could they be checking at this point?

Overall it was such an incredibly painless experience - given my initial worries about some issues I had with my application.

10 hours ago, Shawn&Jodie said:

filed sept 21

Interview Jan 6th

Congrats!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

30 minutes ago, Sarasota said:

Congrats!

11 hours ago, leonidas_alexan said:

Congratulations!  Can you give your tips on how to study the 100 civic questions?  By just reading them seemed overwhelming to me. Thank you.

Dave-Gie

7 minutes ago, Davegie said:

Congratulations!  Can you give your tips on how to study the 100 civic questions?  By just reading them seemed overwhelming to me. Thank you.

Haven't had my interview yet but I'll be using YouTube, there's a load of videos

https://youtu.be/CfvEM49dX1w

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

3 minutes ago, Sarasota said:

Haven't had my interview yet but I'll be using YouTube, there's a load of videos

https://youtu.be/CfvEM49dX1w

Thanks a lot!

Dave-Gie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.