MexicoExpat

Any news/rumors on Ciudad Juarez consulate re-opening?

35 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, In4theJourney said:

I’m with you there on the frustration. The one thing I will say, there’s been a TON of emergency requests being done in Juarez. if you ask me, I say about 60% are phony. Either way, I hope that eases up a little on the backlog that will ensue. 

i keep hearing rumors of October 5, but honestly, so sick n tired of rumors and feel like people make them up now to get a laugh. 

We applied for the emergency request too. It took literally 11 emails back and forth for them to give me a proper response of why we weren't eligible which wasn't a link to the same article which didn't' contain any answer the previous 10 times. 

There is no longer any excuse for any of this. What they are doing is disgusting. They should be fired or even jailed for this level of incompetence. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

The state of Chihuahua is already in yellow. There are no longer any states in Mexico in red. 

This needs to end, NOW.

CDJ is literally the busiest consulate in the entire world. They are screwed (and so are all of us) if they don't open immediately. 

If they do not open and begin processing fiance and spousal visas before the end of the blanket ban on most visa categories until the end of this year (projected), then their backlog will become so unmanageable it is likely to take everyone years to get through the process. 

There is not a single person who is willing to give out any sort of information on this. I call multiple times every single week demanding to speak to managers, supervisors or anyone who can provide any information whatsoever. There is nothing. 

Their answers seem to indicate though once they do start taking appointments again, that we will be responsible for scheduling our own appointments. Meaning that people like my wife and I whose interview was cancelled only 10 days before it was supposed to take place, will not get any sort of priority treatment for rescheduling - and it will be first come first serve for almost a full eyar of missed appointments. 

We are all completely screwed and so many people deserve to be fired over the complete mismanagement of this entire situation. 

They should all be ashamed for screwing with people's lives the way they are. There is no longer a need for this. It's disgusting. 

I totally agree. Juarez has been in yellow for about 2 weeks now I think?

They shouldve started reopening weeks ago. 

There was a facebook live with the US ambassador Christopher Landau last week and many ppl includying me asked when Juarez appts were going to start being scheduled. He didn't confirm a date 😪😪

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

25 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I totally agree. Juarez has been in yellow for about 2 weeks now I think?

They shouldve started reopening weeks ago. 

There was a facebook live with the US ambassador Christopher Landau last week and many ppl includying me asked when Juarez appts were going to start being scheduled. He didn't confirm a date 😪😪

They aren't going to answer us. They don't care at all, it's been made obviously clear. 

Eventually, at some far off date in the future, they will open, be completely overwhelmed, provide worse service than usual and all of us will be subject to several more years of dealing with their nonsense all because they couldn't do things even close to properly when it was needed most. 

Timeline
On 9/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, MexicoExpat said:

The state of Chihuahua is already in yellow. There are no longer any states in Mexico in red. 

This needs to end, NOW.

CDJ is literally the busiest consulate in the entire world. They are screwed (and so are all of us) if they don't open immediately. 

If they do not open and begin processing fiance and spousal visas before the end of the blanket ban on most visa categories until the end of this year (projected), then their backlog will become so unmanageable it is likely to take everyone years to get through the process. 

There is not a single person who is willing to give out any sort of information on this. I call multiple times every single week demanding to speak to managers, supervisors or anyone who can provide any information whatsoever. There is nothing. 

Their answers seem to indicate though once they do start taking appointments again, that we will be responsible for scheduling our own appointments. Meaning that people like my wife and I whose interview was cancelled only 10 days before it was supposed to take place, will not get any sort of priority treatment for rescheduling - and it will be first come first serve for almost a full eyar of missed appointments. 

We are all completely screwed and so many people deserve to be fired over the complete mismanagement of this entire situation. 

They should all be ashamed for screwing with people's lives the way they are. There is no longer a need for this. It's disgusting. 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, In4theJourney said:

I’m with you there on the frustration. The one thing I will say, there’s been a TON of emergency requests being done in Juarez. if you ask me, I say about 60% are phony. Either way, I hope that eases up a little on the backlog that will ensue. 

i keep hearing rumors of October 5, but honestly, so sick n tired of rumors and feel like people make them up now to get a laugh. 

Hi did you two get DQ yet? timeline not updated. @MexicoExpat how did you have your interview assigned and cancelled already if you sent your petition in Oct 2019?

Also I read a rumor in one of the facebook groups that someone's friend who works at the consulate said they'd open after the elections 😓 I knew this was a political move...

52 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Hi did you two get DQ yet? timeline not updated. @MexicoExpat how did you have your interview assigned and cancelled already if you sent your petition in Oct 2019?

Also I read a rumor in one of the facebook groups that someone's friend who works at the consulate said they'd open after the elections 😓 I knew this was a political move...

I am not sure what DQ means, but we went DCF and submitted our I-130 in person at the embassy in Mexico City, right before the DCF program was stopped for regular circumstances. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

I am not sure what DQ means, but we went DCF and submitted our I-130 in person at the embassy in Mexico City, right before the DCF program was stopped for regular circumstances. 

DQ is documentarily qualified/case closed at NVC. Ahh I see, lucky you got to apply via DCF.

9 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

DQ is documentarily qualified/case closed at NVC. Ahh I see, lucky you got to apply via DCF.

We planned it as such intentionally (though were definitely lucky to make it through before they shut it down), but now with the Pandemic it's likely to take the regular amount of time anyways if we hadn't gone through DCF

I believe the other acronyms you mentioned dont' apply to our case or happen at a later stage, if I'm not mistaken. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Nope, oct 5 has come and gone. Same ole same ole ####. Completely political at this point and you know from what no matter which side you are on. 

Timeline

Sigh. There's an update from the embassy from oct 8th under the visa section, but nothing new. 

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessingOct2020/

7 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Sigh. There's an update from the embassy from oct 8th under the visa section, but nothing new. 

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessingOct2020/

Nobody cares. They would keep the consulate closed forever if they could. 

Once they start taking interviews again, we are all in for the biggest sh*tshow the world has ever seen. I can't see a situation where they can get back to a sense of normalcy within 5 years time in terms of scheduling appointments when they are about to have such a large backlog. 

Literally the busiest consulate in the world. Completely shut down well beyond what is reasonable. 

Chihuahua just went back to orange as well, they missed their chance to clear some of their backlog. We're all screwed. 

Truly nobody cares about our lives at this consulate. It's disgusting and I 100% believe the people behind this decision should be jailed for the hardships they've inflicted on families through incompetence and mismanagement. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

Nobody cares. They would keep the consulate closed forever if they could. 

Once they start taking interviews again, we are all in for the biggest sh*tshow the world has ever seen. I can't see a situation where they can get back to a sense of normalcy within 5 years time in terms of scheduling appointments when they are about to have such a large backlog. 

Literally the busiest consulate in the world. Completely shut down well beyond what is reasonable. 

Chihuahua just went back to orange as well, they missed their chance to clear some of their backlog. We're all screwed. 

Truly nobody cares about our lives at this consulate. It's disgusting and I 100% believe the people behind this decision should be jailed for the hardships they've inflicted on families through incompetence and mismanagement. 

Yeah I know this sucks, but the process is only gonna be worse for you if you don't accept the situation. We are going through the same thing so I know what I'm talking about. A few months/weeks ago I would look at the consulate website/twitter every few hours every single day. Been trying to keep busy with new hobbies. 

Also, some people who had their interviews cancelled back in March/April have been posting on the facebook group that their case last update date has been updated to either yesterday or a few days ago, a lot of people are hopeful this is going to mean something. 

I no longer spend my days stressing about this, as I used to several months ago. At this point we've accepted the fact that we may never be able to immigrate to the US successfully and have accepted that fact. 

I am 100% UNWILLING however to accept and forgive the incompetence that has been displayed on their end. These injustices should not be accepted or forgiven so easily. They are toying with people's lives with no regard for the outcome or incredible clusterf*ck everyone is in for whenever they do decide it pleases them to do the right thing. 

Where can I find case update status for my own case though? Our appointment was cancelled in March - when I open the ais-usvisa-info.com where my appointment is wating, unable to be rescheduled, I have no other info available on my case. 

We went through DCF though, so our situation is a little different. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, MexicoExpat said:

I no longer spend my days stressing about this, as I used to several months ago. At this point we've accepted the fact that we may never be able to immigrate to the US successfully and have accepted that fact. 

I am 100% UNWILLING however to accept and forgive the incompetence that has been displayed on their end. These injustices should not be accepted or forgiven so easily. They are toying with people's lives with no regard for the outcome or incredible clusterf*ck everyone is in for whenever they do decide it pleases them to do the right thing. 

Where can I find case update status for my own case though? Our appointment was cancelled in March - when I open the ais-usvisa-info.com where my appointment is wating, unable to be rescheduled, I have no other info available on my case. 

We went through DCF though, so our situation is a little different. 

I hear you, this is some bull***t!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.