Babaloo

K1 Manila interview during Covid19

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tracer6158 said:

La Paz Embassy in Bolivia apparently now looking over our K1 file now...  ☺️

Good evening,

We will review your case for eligibility and possible processing.  This process could take several weeks.  Please note that processing at other posts in the region is also limited and any transfer will likely result in an even longer delay due to backlogs at other posts. 

Sincerely,

Visa Unit

Consular Section

La Paz, Bolivia

Very good news for you 😊. Hopefully an interview follows sooner than later. Did you email them first or was it a random email sent from the consulate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

My fiance called them and was given an area cell number.  I texted the cell and asked about progress.  Cell owner asked me to send email with case number and the posted email was the response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have rising Covid19 case in Manila and the US Embassy will not open until the case numbers come down, as they have in other parts of the country.. Either the Embassy re-opens under controlled conditions or they wait until a vaccine comes out, Which brings us to the scary part, Duarte's willingness to use a vaccine from China, Russia or both, he already came out in support of it, using Filipinos as Guinea pigs on a vaccine that has NOT been thoroughly tested, hard to believe. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-philippines-russia/russia-offers-to-supply-philippines-with-covid-19-vaccine-idUSKCN2531H1

Timeline
On 8/18/2020 at 7:03 AM, user555 said:

The website you posted talks about Brazil. Look at section 1. It talks about if the immigrant/nonimmigrant was in Brazil 14 days before arriving in the US. Was your special lady in Brazil? Did you read the whole proclamation?  

So now you want to debate about  something you have no clue about? 
Call a lawyer and speak with him, he will explain you how this proclamation works.

Timeline
19 hours ago, nykolos said:

You have rising Covid19 case in Manila and the US Embassy will not open until the case numbers come down, as they have in other parts of the country.. Either the Embassy re-opens under controlled conditions or they wait until a vaccine comes out, Which brings us to the scary part, Duarte's willingness to use a vaccine from China, Russia or both, he already came out in support of it, using Filipinos as Guinea pigs on a vaccine that has NOT been thoroughly tested, hard to believe. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-philippines-russia/russia-offers-to-supply-philippines-with-covid-19-vaccine-idUSKCN2531H1

US embassy in Manila is open, just recently here one man posted he contacted US embassy in Manila regarding his K1 and US child with K1, contacted embassy august 6, and was set for interview august 24 2020. They conduct interviews, the problem is that they officially claim they are not, but they do.

3 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

So now you want to debate about  something you have no clue about? 
Call a lawyer and speak with him, he will explain you how this proclamation works.

Don't be scared. The Philippines is not in that proclamation.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, user555 said:

Don't be scared. The Philippines is not in that proclamation.

Citizens can not be treated differently. Call a lawyer and see what he will tell you, and believe me i have no fear.

Edited by Babaloo

Timeline
20 hours ago, nykolos said:

This is not correct. Russians created vaccine against Ebola virus with the same approach, that approach been in the making(and improving with time)  by the way around last  30 years. Putins daughter got this vaccine already, so don’t  worry about it, Sputnik V will be effective against Covid19. The other question will Duterte get it or not because he requested vaccines  as credit (means for free) as always(some time ago Duterte visited Russia and requested as credit top level Russian weapons), if this what US embassy is waiting for, they can shut the while unit down because it will take a decade minimum to solve pinoy style ( army sent with automatic guns to protect citizens from covid19, i guess they must shoot at flying viruses but they can not see it, so they just drive around Manila 1 mph and shout to stay everyone home because bullets can fly around).

Edited by Babaloo
not complete

Timeline
4 hours ago, Babaloo said:

US embassy in Manila is open, just recently here one man posted he contacted US embassy in Manila regarding his K1 and US child with K1, contacted embassy august 6, and was set for interview august 24 2020. They conduct interviews, the problem is that they officially claim they are not, but they do.

Aside from taking emergency interviews, you're saying the US Embassy in Manial is open for business nd that you can schedule your interview appointment online? that would be big news to me and a lot of other people.  I heard from my Fiance they were set to re-open the Embassy first week of September.

3 hours ago, Babaloo said:

This is not correct. Russians created vaccine against Ebola virus with the same approach, that approach been in the making(and improving with time) 

Russia failed to complete Phase 3 trials for Ebola as well? What should trouble everyone is that this is a RUSHED vaccine, and once you inject it into your body there is NO going back..  This is not a USA vs Russia thing with me, I've been to Russia 4 times, it's a country very rich in culture and the people were very kind and approachable, I just don't trust the Government, they have a long history of being #1 on everything, from putting a man on the moon to winning the most Winter Olympic medals.. Filipinos and everyone else would wise to wait until all 3 phases of clinical trials have been completed.

Interesting read;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/health/russia-covid-19-vaccine-safety.html

Edited by nykolos

Timeline
5 hours ago, nykolos said:

Aside from taking emergency interviews, you're saying the US Embassy in Manial is open for business nd that you can schedule your interview appointment online? that would be big news to me and a lot of other people.  I heard from my Fiance they were set to re-open the Embassy first week of September.

Russia failed to complete Phase 3 trials for Ebola as well? What should trouble everyone is that this is a RUSHED vaccine, and once you inject it into your body there is NO going back..  This is not a USA vs Russia thing with me, I've been to Russia 4 times, it's a country very rich in culture and the people were very kind and approachable, I just don't trust the Government, they have a long history of being #1 on everything, from putting a man on the moon to winning the most Winter Olympic medals.. Filipinos and everyone else would wise to wait until all 3 phases of clinical trials have been completed.

Interesting read;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/health/russia-covid-19-vaccine-safety.html

US embassy is closed for routine visa services, as they say, but they are open and accept those who they think deserve to get interview - so it says by itself , double standard and politics.It was closed april,may, no visas were issued, but since june they operating.

Regarding Russias vaccine  don't follow media (removed) you getting fooled on daily basis non stop for decades. 

They have vaccine and production is in full force as well as vaccination of population started and their target to complete vaccination of the whole population by December. The vaccine is available.

Edited by Unlockable
language

*** Remined to never use inappropriate words or phrases at any time on this site.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
16 hours ago, Unlockable said:

*** Remined to never use inappropriate words or phrases at any time on this site.

VJ Moderation

Please remind it whatever necessary to remind, and pay attention to every single letter.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:53 PM, nykolos said:

I highly doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Manila area moves to a more restrictive quarantine on September 1st.  So far this has been the pattern lately.  

We will have to wait for President Duterte to issue his order.  With COVID still spiking there despite 6 months of quarantine and lockdowns and house arrest for anyone under age 21 and over age 60, I don't see the Embassy in Manila opening any time soon to routine interviews.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I highly doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Manila area moves to a more restrictive quarantine on September 1st.  So far this has been the pattern lately.  

We will have to wait for President Duterte to issue his order.  With COVID still spiking there despite 6 months of quarantine and lockdowns and house arrest for anyone under age 21 and over age 60, I don't see the Embassy in Manila opening any time soon to routine interviews.

Agree, I see it the same way.. I lost count of the number of announcements of re-opening since the lockdown, every one has been extended, then extended again, and again and again, and with Covid cases almost back to where they started. I'm not holding my breathe, what worries me most is the growing backlog, it's going to delay all our cases into 2021 by the looks of it.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Babaloo said:

They have vaccine and production is in full force as well as vaccination of population started and their target to complete vaccination of the whole population by December. The vaccine is available.

It's unrealistic to say the "whole" Russian population will take it, they'll be lucky to see 20% take it.. Russians are intelligent people, most will wait it out until they feel the vaccine is safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.