IndominusRex

US Postal Service Delays to Chicago Lockbox

21 posts in this topic

Timeline

If sending an application packet to the Chicago Lockbox, I would consider using any carrier other than the US Postal Service. We shipped ours last Friday, August 7th by priority mail (overnight not available for some reason) and it still shows the below message.  

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

USPS Premium Tracking™ Available 

In-Transit

August 13, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late"

It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. we are beyond upset and nervous. 

I hope it is not lost. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

When i sent my package in April 2020, the online status of USPS kept saying it's on schedule and in transit. However, I couldn't tell the exact status, so I called the customer care. They opened a ticket. However, the package was already picked  by a representative from USCIS office and the status was not updated. Suddenly on the following Monday, exactly a week after I shipped the package, we received text message about credit card being charged from USCIS . 

You can contact the USPS and just wait a day or two more before calling the USCIS. Good luck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Regdkp said:

When i sent my package in April 2020, the online status of USPS kept saying it's on schedule and in transit. However, I couldn't tell the exact status, so I called the customer care. They opened a ticket. However, the package was already picked  by a representative from USCIS office and the status was not updated. Suddenly on the following Monday, exactly a week after I shipped the package, we received text message about credit card being charged from USCIS . 

You can contact the USPS and just wait a day or two more before calling the USCIS. Good luck!

That's encouraging! I'm waiting on a callback from USPS. Crossing our fingers! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, IndominusRex said:

If sending an application packet to the Chicago Lockbox, I would consider using any carrier other than the US Postal Service. We shipped ours last Friday, August 7th by priority mail (overnight not available for some reason) and it still shows the below message.  

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

In-Transit

August 13, 2020

I hope it is not lost. 

I don't know if this helps calm people down a bit but I received this same exact message and got anxious thinking something went wrong because if you run a Google search for Chicago and USPS, people have had similar issues in the past....anyways, about an hour after I received the message, I got an update saying it was in transit to the Post Office then delivered. 

What I will say is that I will start using UPS or FedEx going forward. Nothing against USPS but with changes being made to USPS by the current administration, I do not want to risk any packages arriving late or not arriving at all. I would not be surprised if Postal workers organize a strike in the near future. 

I am also worried because USCIS uses USPS to send letters to us.....so much to worry about. This year has been a roller-coaster. 

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also, If that message does not change and has passed 3 days I believe it is then call USPS as they will have to trace the package to find it. https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, E_pluribus_unum said:

What I will say is that I will start using UPS or FedEx going forward. Nothing against USPS but with changes being made to USPS by the current administration, I do not want to risk any packages arriving late or not arriving at all. I would not be surprised if Postal workers organize a strike in the near future. 

Yeah it sad when the president of the United States actively attacks the USPS because he's afraid people might vote using it.

I did google it as well and saw this. https://abc7chicago.com/mail-missing-usps-chicago-in/6331782/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, IndominusRex said:

In-Transit

August 13, 2020

I hope it is not lost. 

I wanted to point out if you ever use the post office and you send it priority mail express/overnight you are guaranteed your money back if it doesn't arrive the next day. This won't help if it's lost of course, but in the future if you send it this way and it doesn't get there the next day you at least get your money back.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I wish I saw your post earlier. I sent out mine Aug 10 and it showed "In transit, arriving late" Aug 15.

I have been going crazy for the past two days worrying about how long it's going to take before my forms arrive. Glad to hear yours did, I'm still waiting on mine, hopefully soon =/

So here is my situation. I got my package with all the documents send out on July 30th. it arrived at Chicago Regional Facility August 1st, Department that Facility on August 7th and since then it has been in that "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." stage. 

I have created 3 tickets with USPS each telling me that there is nothing they can do and that last scan was August 7th and it is currently being delivered. It has been almost 3 weeks exactly since I mailed it. 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, taromilktea said:

I wish I saw your post earlier. I sent out mine Aug 10 and it showed "In transit, arriving late" Aug 15.

I have been going crazy for the past two days worrying about how long it's going to take before my forms arrive. Glad to hear yours did, I'm still waiting on mine, hopefully soon =/

Did yours get there yet?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, SVicky said:

So here is my situation. I got my package with all the documents send out on July 30th. it arrived at Chicago Regional Facility August 1st, Department that Facility on August 7th and since then it has been in that "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." stage. 

I have created 3 tickets with USPS each telling me that there is nothing they can do and that last scan was August 7th and it is currently being delivered. It has been almost 3 weeks exactly since I mailed it. 

Wow! That is a long time waiting. Let's hope that it was delivered and the post office never marked it as delivered. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Phew, I'm glad my husband insisted we go with FedEx. I was resistant to it because USPS -- under normal conditions -- is both faster and cheaper. We sent ours 8/13 and it arrived there 8/17. Checks haven't been cashed yet. Have any of your payments gone through yet? I can't stop checking our bank accounts. 

I-751 ROC
IOE receipt number – Assigned to YSC (Potomac Service Center)

2023-02-19 Eligible to file for ROC
2023-03-27 Package Sent
2023-03-31 Package Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 
2023-04-05 Email acceptance notification
2023-04-17 USCIS Letters - Biometrics reuse notice & online account info
2023-04-18 I-797 NOA: 48-month extension letter

N-400

2024-02-19 Eligible to file for Naturalization, Filed N-400 Online, Received Biometrics Reuse Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.