Rangm021

AOS 485 Package Rejected

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I submitted the AOS package(s) for both my parents on July 16th.  I utilized the credit card authorization forms (a separate authorization form is required for I-130 and I-485 per the instructions).  

Yesterday, my dad called me because he just got a large package in the mail with a rejection letter from USCIS.  The letter clearly states that it is in reference to form I-485, and that the package has been rejected due to an improperly filled out credit card authorization form, or because the card was declined. I'm a bit confused because I verified the forms multiple times and even called my debit card company to let them know of the upcoming charges.  It's water under the bridge now I guess!

I do have a question for those of you who may have had this issue before.  I submtitted: I-130, I-485, I-864, I-944, and I-765 together.  My dad sent me a photo of the letter, which states that "you will be notified separately about any other case you may have filed".  I asked my dad to check to verify that all forms were returned, but all the prongs were taken out of my files, meaning they were all jumbled up and he wasn't able to tell me what was returned.  In your experience, are ALL files in the package returned? Or would this package only include the I-485?  I'm hoping they usually return everything, since it would make it easier to file again.  In addition, it would make no sense to NOT return I-765, as it would get rejected without an underlying petition.  In addition, no money has been taken from my account for the other form submitted (I-130). Have any of you had any familiar experiences?

My parents live about 8 hours away, so I won't be able to drive there for at least a week, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the package was FULLY returned, or if I need to wait a few weeks to see if any other portions of hte package are left to be returned.  

AOS Package Sent: March 30, 2016

AOS Package Received: March 31, 2016

NOA Received by Mail: April 7, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: May 10, 2016

Biometrics Walk-In: May 9, 2016

Interview Scheduled: July 14, 2016

they return everything except the credit card form which is destroyed . if your card was declined than they reject your petitition. better to use a check. they usually return all the applications for the petition. for example if your i-130 was clean that they keep it and return only the i-485. it depends on each persons applications. if the payment didnt go through for both i-130 and i-485 than they return both. 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just do a money order or check. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
6 hours ago, Rangm021 said:

Hello everyone! 

I submitted the AOS package(s) for both my parents on July 16th.  I utilized the credit card authorization forms (a separate authorization form is required for I-130 and I-485 per the instructions).  

Yesterday, my dad called me because he just got a large package in the mail with a rejection letter from USCIS.  The letter clearly states that it is in reference to form I-485, and that the package has been rejected due to an improperly filled out credit card authorization form, or because the card was declined. I'm a bit confused because I verified the forms multiple times and even called my debit card company to let them know of the upcoming charges.  It's water under the bridge now I guess!

I do have a question for those of you who may have had this issue before.  I submtitted: I-130, I-485, I-864, I-944, and I-765 together.  My dad sent me a photo of the letter, which states that "you will be notified separately about any other case you may have filed".  I asked my dad to check to verify that all forms were returned, but all the prongs were taken out of my files, meaning they were all jumbled up and he wasn't able to tell me what was returned.  In your experience, are ALL files in the package returned? Or would this package only include the I-485?  I'm hoping they usually return everything, since it would make it easier to file again.  In addition, it would make no sense to NOT return I-765, as it would get rejected without an underlying petition.  In addition, no money has been taken from my account for the other form submitted (I-130). Have any of you had any familiar experiences?

My parents live about 8 hours away, so I won't be able to drive there for at least a week, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the package was FULLY returned, or if I need to wait a few weeks to see if any other portions of hte package are left to be returned.  

Hi...

I'm so sorry for what's going on with you right now. I was in the same situation with my sister package. I paid with Credit Card transactions G-1145 but after a while- about a month- the money wasn't cashed still and I was kind of confused because of the long period. I decided to call them and they said they are returning my package and money because of incorrect filing fees. I try to explain them that I'm sure the money is right ($1760) and they even confirmed that. But I told them after that I paid with my cousin's credit card. And it was the real issue. According to them, they ain't longer accept third party. So, is either the applicant or petitioner Credit Card Informations that they accept. I was like DAAAAMMMMNNNN I didn't know that. The guy told me only my sister or her husband has to do it. I should have paid with money order but I read somewhere that uscis don't longer accept Money Order. I misunderstood because the officer on the phone told me they still accept M.O. Open a bank account for your parents and put their informations if you still want to use the form G-1145 or else Money Order is the best.

Good luck

1 hour ago, Bayanoparker02 said:

Hi...

I'm so sorry for what's going on with you right now. I was in the same situation with my sister package. I paid with Credit Card transactions G-1145 but after a while- about a month- the money wasn't cashed still and I was kind of confused because of the long period. I decided to call them and they said they are returning my package and money because of incorrect filing fees. I try to explain them that I'm sure the money is right ($1760) and they even confirmed that. But I told them after that I paid with my cousin's credit card. And it was the real issue. According to them, they ain't longer accept third party. So, is either the applicant or petitioner Credit Card Informations that they accept. I was like DAAAAMMMMNNNN I didn't know that. The guy told me only my sister or her husband has to do it. I should have paid with money order but I read somewhere that uscis don't longer accept Money Order. I misunderstood because the officer on the phone told me they still accept M.O. Open a bank account for your parents and put their informations if you still want to use the form G-1145 or else Money Order is the best.

Good luck

yeah its on the instructions. make sure money order is coming from you and not from your cousin 

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Also call your bank and give them a heads up so they allow the transaction. Sometimes bank blocks the transaction thinking it's fraud.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, Bayanoparker02 said:

Hi...

Good luck

Thanks for your reply! The payment card was in my name (petitioner), and I called the bank ahead of time to notify them of the charges. I actually made copies of everything I sent them and the payment amounts/card information is all correct.  

im ready to reapply, but noticed that the documents they returned aren’t complete (they only returned the i485 and i944) but didn’t return any passport photos and i765, i864, etc.

so I’m debating whether I should wait a week or two to see if they will return anything else

AOS Package Sent: March 30, 2016

AOS Package Received: March 31, 2016

NOA Received by Mail: April 7, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: May 10, 2016

Biometrics Walk-In: May 9, 2016

Interview Scheduled: July 14, 2016

On 8/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, Bayanoparker02 said:

Hi...

Good luck

So do they really still accept Money Orders? I have to send my packet to the Chicago Lockbox and I also read that they don't accept them anymore so if anyone could confirm?? 

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.