IdAuHunter

Clarification: Do I Submit a New Medical Examination/Affidavit of Support at AOS Interview?

7 posts in this topic

This questions problems seems self explanatory. But with what's at stake..we are 2nd guessing our common sense...

Our green card interview was scheduled for April, but cancelled like everyone else. We just received notification it has been rescheduled for next Friday.

The interview notice states we need to bring:

• I-864 (Affidavit of Support) unless one has already been submitted. 
  • Medical Exam Form/Vaccination Supplement unless one has already been submitted

I submitted an I-864 in November with her AOS application. However, 9 months seems a little out of date so we're planning to bring updated evidence (recent paystubs, employment verification letter, 2019 tax returns). 

Would you submit a brand new I-864 or just bring some recent evidence to supplement what's already been submitted?

Her Medical Exam Form/Vaccination Record was completed in Brazil and submitted at her K1 Fiance Visa interview. So if I'm reading this right..she DOESN'T need a new form.

It's interesting that this interview notice doesn't include as thorough of a checklist of items to bring as the original notice..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think bringing recent evidence to supplement should be sufficient if you already submitted the form. Not sure about the medical exam, however, since I did not go through the K-1 but maybe someone else will know. 

Edited by mbssss

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

No new medical needed if you submitted the AOS application within one year ( I think meanwhile 2 years) after the medical was done. You can prepare a new I 864 so you have it just in case but you probably won't need it. Bring every new evidence you collected during the last months. Use the checklist from the first interview notice and you'll be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I’m in the same boat as you are!

im wondering if I need a new medical examination or if the old one for the k1 visa process is okay to use again. 
we filed for aos within 1 year but still though the last medical Exam is now 1,5 years ago.

Also is there anything else we have to watch out for when preparing the interview? 
i was looking for a list or advice from someone that went through it already.

we have to hurry a little bit with everything since the interview notice is only a few days to prepare everything (mine is next Wednesday). 
😇

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Josephin&Robert said:

I’m in the same boat as you are!

im wondering if I need a new medical examination or if the old one for the k1 visa process is okay to use again. 
we filed for aos within 1 year but still though the last medical Exam is now 1,5 years ago.

Also is there anything else we have to watch out for when preparing the interview? 
i was looking for a list or advice from someone that went through it already.

we have to hurry a little bit with everything since the interview notice is only a few days to prepare everything (mine is next Wednesday). 
😇

Read the 693 instructions. Everything you need to know is there.

Your medical will remain valid for as long as your AOS lasts as long as you filed for AOS within 1 year of the day of the medical and the vaccination sheet was marked completed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.