Jump to content
Undecided

I’m probably not going to be able to get the 2019 transcript in time for my interview

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Because despite me pestering him, my husband only submitted it a couple of days ago. My interview is next week. I will try but the irs website says 2-3 weeks. I obviously have a copy, and I have the transcripts from the previous 3 years that I submitted with the n-400.

 

Is this going to be a problem?

 

Also - although it’s not mentioned as necessary I plan to take the most recent bank statement plus statements from my investment accounts. Is that adequate to show I’m unlikely to become a public charge  along with everything else? We don’t have a mortgage anymore but I suppose credit card statement are an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Becoming a Public charge is not a factor when applying for citizenship.......Please fill in your timeline.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you might have misunderstood the question. I am asking if there will be an issue with uscis if I turn up to my naturalization interview with a copy of the 2019 tax filing but not a irs transcript. Because the transcript will not be available online until 2-3 weeks after filing according to their website. And it’s only just been filed (since July 15th is the filing deadline for this year).  I do have the three transcripts I submitted with the application back in January.

 

I mean obviously this (bring a copy of the online filing) is what I am going to do, I’m just wondering if anyone had any insight. Hopefully by next week I will also have notification that the filing has been accepted. The worst that can happen is I have to submit the transcript after the fact. In which case I may have to be very very cross with my husband. Since I’ve been telling him he needed to do this. Sigh. Many many years of being self-employed where we we always paying taxes at filing has resulted in a complete unwillingness to file (and thus pay) before the last possible date. Even though we are now retired and this is no longer an issue.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Undecided said:

I think you might have misunderstood the question. I am asking if there will be an issue with uscis if I turn up to my naturalization interview with a copy of the 2019 tax filing but not a irs transcript

You don’t have any choice so take what you have. No point in worrying about something you can’t fix before next week. The due date is July 15 so they can’t expect a filing before that date, right?
 

FWIW, at my interview they didn’t want to see anything including the original documents that I was supposed to bring according to their letter. Maybe it will be easier than you are imagining. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You don’t have any choice so take what you have. No point in worrying about something you can’t fix before next week. The due date is July 15 so they can’t expect a filing before that date, right?
 

FWIW, at my interview they didn’t want to see anything including the original documents that I was supposed to bring according to their letter. Maybe it will be easier than you are imagining. 

You are of course absolutely correct. Covid has made me stir crazy and paranoid I think. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Undecided said:

You are of course absolutely correct. Covid has made me stir crazy and paranoid I think. Thank you. 

BTW, we haven’t filed taxes yet. Like your husband, we tend to wait until the last minute. They have been ready on the computer for a few months. Will do a final look over, pull the trigger, and pay over $2k shortly.

 

You will be meeting face to face with a live person and if they should ask about transcripts, you have a very good explanation. They just want to be assured that you have been a good person and filed. That acceptance verification should come through soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 7/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, Undecided said:

Hopefully by next week I will also have notification that the filing has been accepted.

So did you get the online filing acceptance?  I thought there might be some IRS backlog when you said he had filed “a couple of days ago” and didn’t have it.  But I filed today and had my acceptance notice 11 minutes later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We filed our taxes on July 7 (a tuesday), online via our tax preparer guy. Our transcript was available just a few days later (July 13, monday). Super quick when filing online.

 

The worst that can happen is that they ask you to send in the transcript after the interview, whenever you can get a hold of it.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021 (320 days)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

So did you get the online filing acceptance?  I thought there might be some IRS backlog when you said he had filed “a couple of days ago” and didn’t have it.  But I filed today and had my acceptance notice 11 minutes later. 

We got it a day after I posted. So I’ve got that printed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scandi said:

We filed our taxes on July 7 (a tuesday), online via our tax preparer guy. Our transcript was available just a few days later (July 13, monday). Super quick when filing online.

 

The worst that can happen is that they ask you to send in the transcript after the interview, whenever you can get a hold of it.

Oh good - I’ll check on Monday. Because if I start checking now, I’m just going to be obsessive about it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Undecided said:

Aaand despite what I said about checking, I did check today and the transcript IS there, so that’s problem solved.

 

Thanks everyone.

 I knew you wouldn’t wait :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...