Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, ShanRussx said:

I did myself a favor when I sent the transcript before they asked for it. I automatically skipped the process of them asking for it.  

I also think they’re working with me since my husband gets deployed early July. 

I got my date early this morning but did not know till this evening. Thank you guys for the guidance and for encouraging me to expedite. I’m really grateful. 

I am happy for you ShanRussex.  

God go with you in your endeavors!

Timeline
On 5/13/2021 at 6:56 PM, Stacey Ann said:

Embassy is going live on May 19th at 10AM JA time. Submit your questions ahead here: 

https://www.facebook.com/143560048536/posts/10159396245168537/

Hello Stacey Ann.

Thank you for that update. I am heading dun a yaad next week...lol..., so you might not see me on the site until I return, if the Lord's will.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zeki said:

Hello good morning am new here. I got my DQ Feb. 18. Anyone here got DQ this year. If yes, have you heard anything about your case. 

Hi Zeki,  

I believe most of who are on site were DQ late last year.  Also, some have requested expedite dates and these have been approved.

If you can expedite your case, please try to do so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, RedRose75 said:

Hello Stacey Ann.

Thank you for that update. I am heading dun a yaad next week...lol..., so you might not see me on the site until I return, if the Lord's will.

@RedRose75 safe travels and all the best with your interview!🙏🏾

Timeline
On 5/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, cgormill said:

How can you request for it to be expedited?

Good morning all, You will have to send them a letter or document indicating the need to have an early interview.  It can be a medical condition, an emergency or something that will require that the applicant be here with you now rather than later

Timeline
3 hours ago, RedRose75 said:

Good morning all, You will have to send them a letter or document indicating the need to have an early interview.  It can be a medical condition, an emergency or something that will require that the applicant be here with you now rather than later

Gm. Yes, correct. Send an email AND strong supporting documentation, i.e. if reason is due to medical send doctor's note(s) and medical report/record. If your case is already DQ'd, send the email along with your documentation to kingstoniv@state.gov. If your case is still at NVC, email nvcexpedite@state.gov

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stacey Ann said:

Gm. Yes, correct. Send an email AND strong supporting documentation, i.e. if reason is due to medical send doctor's note(s) and medical report/record. If your case is already DQ'd, send the email along with your documentation to kingstoniv@state.gov. If your case is still at NVC, email nvcexpedite@state.gov

Hi Stacy, hope all is well! can I request an expedite before DQ? 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jammin19 said:

Hi Stacy, hope all is well! can I request an expedite before DQ? 

Yes, if your case is still at NVC request an expedite by sending the email stating the reason for the expedite request and supporting documents to nvcexpedite@state.gov.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, Shanshanjamrock said:

Hi does anyone know if I would be allowed to attend the  interview with my parents I mean if I quarantine for 14 days

Hi Shan, sorry for taking so long to respond.  I have been so busy getting ready for my trip.

You can go down for the interview and quarantine however, I am not certain that they would allow you entrance at the embassy.  You might have to wait outside until your parents are through.  But it would be nice to go down for moral support and to accompany them up once they are approve.  Safe travel!

Timeline
2 hours ago, RedRose75 said:

Hi Shan, sorry for taking so long to respond.  I have been so busy getting ready for my trip.

You can go down for the interview and quarantine however, I am not certain that they would allow you entrance at the embassy.  You might have to wait outside until your parents are through.  But it would be nice to go down for moral support and to accompany them up once they are approve.  Safe travel!

@RedRose75 your trip is quickly approaching! You must be excited. @Shanshanjamrock Rose is right, they previously allowed ppl to accompany interviewees once they quarantined but based on how covid conscious they are now this might have changed. Email them and ask first. kingstoniv@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.