Gelline

Foreigner Spouse travelling to the Philippines

39 posts in this topic

Has anyone who is a foreigner travelled to the Philippines?

We got DQed last June 2 and i am thinking of expediting our request since my husband is already suffering from depression and anxiety due to being away from me and our daughter.

He is doing therapy and is on medication already but i think the best way is for me and our daughter to be in the US already

The only problem is that i live in the province and i have to travel in Manila in case i get approved for the expedite and get an interview appointment. If i go to Manila, i have to bring my daughter with me, my province is very strict with people coming in due to the virus so it will be really hard to go back. Bringing my daughter with me to Manila and directly going to the US once i get my visa is the best way i can think of. I do not have relatives living in Metro Manila, what i first thought was to bring my mom with me so i have someone to take care of my child while im doing the interview and medical but im afraid it will be hard for her to go back to the province as well if i do that. I do not want her stuck in Manila alone, ive seen people that wants to go back to their hometown stranded at the airports. So thats my worry

The other way i can think of doing is have my husband come here and be with me on my interview and medical appointment but he will be quarantined i think. I just want to know if anyone experienced the whole process as a foreigner since they only provide information for returning filipinos. I heard that theyre going to send you to a hotel and theyre going to release the results in four days. I want to know if this is going to be strict quarantine for fourteen days or just up until they release the results. My husband has a job so he cant take a leave for that long and i dont want him stuck in strict quarantine for that long. The immigration here said he can come because he is my husband, i just want to know the risk in case he does. If anyone can help, ill appreciate it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gelline said:

We got DQed last June 2 and i am thinking of expediting our request since my husband is already suffering from depression and anxiety due to being away from me and our daughter.

He is doing therapy and is on medication already but i think the best way is for me and our daughter to be in the US already

The only problem is that i live in the province and i have to travel in Manila in case i get approved for the expedite and get an interview appointment. If i go to Manila, i have to bring my daughter with me, my province is very strict with people coming in due to the virus so it will be really hard to go back. Bringing my daughter with me to Manila and directly going to the US once i get my visa is the best way i can think of. I do not have relatives living in Metro Manila, what i first thought was to bring my mom with me so i have someone to take care of my child while im doing the interview and medical but im afraid it will be hard for her to go back to the province as well if i do that. I do not want her stuck in Manila alone, ive seen people that wants to go back to their hometown stranded at the airports. So thats my worry

The other way i can think of doing is have my husband come here and be with me on my interview and medical appointment but he will be quarantined i think. I just want to know if anyone experienced the whole process as a foreigner since they only provide information for returning filipinos. I heard that theyre going to send you to a hotel and theyre going to release the results in four days. I want to know if this is going to be strict quarantine for fourteen days or just up until they release the results. My husband has a job so he cant take a leave for that long and i dont want him stuck in strict quarantine for that long. The immigration here said he can come because he is my husband, i just want to know the risk in case he does. If anyone can help, ill appreciate it

Hi; I can't speak for personal experience but I do want to say if you are expediting based on your husbands anxiety and depression from being away from you both I want to point out having your husband in the Philippines does not support your case... because he can clearly travel back and forth. Of course this is not to say you can't request an expedite; anyone is free to.

It appears he would have to quarantine for 14 days; I am not sure how strict the Philippines is with making sure foreigners quarantine but if he has a ticket going back in say 10 days then clearly he would intend to break this. If he can't stay for 14 days in one spot I suggest he not travel... I couldn't find an official government citation but this is from an airlines website. Since there are so many Filipino members hopefully someone can help you out better

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

I am not sure how strict the Philippines is with making sure foreigners quarantine

Strict

Quarantine is in a designated quarantine "hotel" and is solely at the visitors expense.  I have heard numbers as high as $200USD per day.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

6 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi; I can't speak for personal experience but I do want to say if you are expediting based on your husbands anxiety and depression from being away from you both I want to point out having your husband in the Philippines does not support your case... because he can clearly travel back and forth. Of course this is not to say you can't request an expedite; anyone is free to.

It appears he would have to quarantine for 14 days; I am not sure how strict the Philippines is with making sure foreigners quarantine but if he has a ticket going back in say 10 days then clearly he would intend to break this. If he can't stay for 14 days in one spot I suggest he not travel... I couldn't find an official government citation but this is from an airlines website. Since there are so many Filipino members hopefully someone can help you out better

I know. He is currently in the US and has a job so he cant really come back and forth. I just want him here because we have a child and in case i do get expedited and get an interview i have someone to help me with my daughter. Just for him to pick us up. Yes i am also considering that if he cant stay for 14 days, might as well he not go. I have also found out that if they release your results early you can leave. The target is 3 to 4 days.

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Strict

Quarantine is in a designated quarantine "hotel" and is solely at the visitors expense.  I have heard numbers as high as $200USD per day.

Wow that much. Well i dont want him to spend that much, we will have to wait then until they ease up the ristrictions. I am trying to get a list of the hotels just in case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gelline said:

I know. He is currently in the US and has a job so he cant really come back and forth. I just want him here because we have a child and in case i do get expedited and get an interview i have someone to help me with my daughter. Just for him to pick us up. Yes i am also considering that if he cant stay for 14 days, might as well he not go. I have also found out that if they release your results early you can leave. The target is 3 to 4 days.

The truth is that 99% of everyone who goes through this process suffers from stress and depression......not trying to be cruel, but expedites are normally for special cases.  However, applying for an expedite seem to be the norm for EVERYONE these days.....so go ahead....good luck on your journey.  I hope your family is together soon.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gelline said:

Wow that much. Well i dont want him to spend that much, we will have to wait then until they ease up the ristrictions. I am trying to get a list of the hotels just in case.

Lists are available but I don't think the daily cost is.  Are you looking for Manila or Mactan area?

http://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/facilities-inspected-as-of-june-11-2020/

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

The truth is that 99% of everyone who goes through this process suffers from stress and depression......not trying to be cruel, but expedites are normally for special cases.  However, applying for an expedite seem to be the norm for EVERYONE these days.....so go ahead....good luck on your journey.  I hope your family is together soon.

Yes. I know. Just trying my luck i guess. Thank you.

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Lists are available but I don't think the daily cost is.  Are you looking for Manila or Mactan area?

Manila. Ive lived in manila for a long time so just by knowing the name, ill probably know how much it costs that is pre corona virus times tho. Do you know where i can get a list?

Timeline
Just now, Gelline said:

Manila. Ive lived in manila for a long time so just by knowing the name, ill probably know how much it costs that is pre corona virus times tho. Do you know where i can get a list?

http://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/facilities-inspected-as-of-june-11-2020/

YMMV

A couple things. First, I feel your pain. My wife and I are waiting for medical and interview also. We have 2 children (age 1 and 2) and this Covid has really killed the process. Did you already complete the CRBA ffor your child? We did our children in March and just got their US passports about a week ago.

A lot of flights are being diverted. You may book a flight to Manila and end up at Clark or some other location. With all of the restrictions the Philippines is doing this to spread out the load. The airlines will give you a list of allowed hotels at the place you are landing. The latest notice that I saw from PAL is that you stay in the hotel 2 days while waiting the results of your test.

19 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

The spouse/children will have to be with the Phillipines citizen when they enter Philippines. So more than likely that isn't going to work to get the husband into the country, since the poster more than likely will not even make it out of Philippines to start with.

20 hours ago, Gelline said:

He can't come unless you enter the Philippines with him.  Will you be able to leave Philippines and meet him in another country and then fly back to Philippines with him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.