sweets1234

Is this Affidavit sample good?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello! Just wanted to ask if this affidavit sample is good that I found at "Visa Tutorial" YouTube channel? I would use it as an example, my relatives would write about us and we get those affidavits notarized at a local bank. Click on the photo attached to make it appear more clear. Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 3.28.38 PM.JPG

Edited by sweets1234
Explanation

All of my applications didn't have personal affidavits. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife is submitting affidavits that are very similar to yours. 

According to the i-751 instructions - "Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."

Yours Iooks like it includes all the required information from the checklists we found online. 

3 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

All of my applications didn't have personal affidavits. Good luck.

I don't think affidavits were as important in the past, but the instructions that accompany the current i-751 edition do include affidavits as 1 of the 5 "evidence of the relationship"  documents that USCIS says the application "should" include. 

Best of luck to you - Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is a good affidavit, because it is personalized specifically to you as a couple.  It shows that that the Dad has been part of the process since John first fell in love.  It also shows that the couple lived with "us" and that Dad and Mom(?) helped out financially a bit, too.  It also has clear dates and timelines.

Affidavits are especially good when couples don't have rental agreements for their whole married life.  While affidavits are not a requirement, it looks like it is a good idea in this case!

Best of luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the affidavit should include a introductory paragraph saying name,  complete address,  county (if one), state of providence and country of the person

and say 

I am saying the following in reference to the reason for the affidavit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Thank you all! Yes, I will use affidavits because I think it is important in our case as we live together with my husband's mom and all bills come in her name only so she will write an affidavit to tell about it. 

Our affidavits were not that long. But in your case I think it’s a good thing. The IO that interviewed us actually asked about the people that signed our affidavits (my husband’s mom and best friend). 

Guys, this post reminds me that our affidavits didn’t have notary. We worked with a lawyer and our lawyer didn’t say anything about notary. I looked at the instructions from USCIS, and didn’t see that it is required. Should be ok, right?

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

28 minutes ago, aperson said:

Guys, this post reminds me that our affidavits didn’t have notary. We worked with a lawyer and our lawyer didn’t say anything about notary. I looked at the instructions from USCIS, and didn’t see that it is required. Should be ok, right?

And I also realized we forgot to include the birthplace of the people who made the affidavits . Would that be a problem?

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, aperson said:

And I also realized we forgot to include the birthplace of the people who made the affidavits . Would that be a problem?

Ours weren’t notarized. And ours only have name, address, emails and phone number of people that make affidavits. 

32 minutes ago, Lilith1811 said:

Ours weren’t notarized. And ours only have name, address, emails and phone number of people that make affidavits. 

Thank you so much!

2/13/23 USCIS Received

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.