Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

So i had been playing around with some numbers at the CEAC visa status check and it looks like they are at those cases which finished DQ  in Jan/ Feb?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, retheem said:

So i had been playing around with some numbers at the CEAC visa status check and it looks like they are at those cases which finished DQ  in Jan/ Feb?

Could you include a pic of what you are seeing// or the message?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
38 minutes ago, retheem said:

How are you finding this out?

Timeline
1 hour ago, retheem said:

That’s pretty smart lol why didn’t I think to try it 😅

Timeline
11 hours ago, retheem said:

For example( two different case numbers on different days)

embassy.PNG

embassy 2.PNG

Someone whose interview had been canceled before COVID just did an interview yesterday. So you may be right, they are still attending to pre-COVID people. 

Edited by Kenyan Couple

Timeline

I see the VISA stats for the Nairobi embassy are out for October and the news isn't good.  They only issued 20 CR1/IR1 VISAs in October.   This is not a good sign at all.  They are moving at a snails pace.  They issued more in September even with all those DV VISAs they processed.  I wonder what the heck is going on there. 

One of the embassies in India issued over 200 IR1/CR1 VISAs in the same time period and COVID is much worse there than in Kenya.   

image.thumb.png.7ac5abf2b33dd4fcc45d48b1d8893496.png

Edited by GregandNatty

Timeline
On 11/19/2020 at 8:35 PM, Kenyan Couple said:

Someone whose interview had been canceled before COVID just did an interview yesterday. So you may be right, they are still attending to pre-COVID people. 

Given the really low numbers of VISA's being issued out of Nairobi, I'm wondering if all they are doing is expedite requests.   In October they issued less IR1/CR1 VISAs than they did in July when Kenya was locked down. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

Given the really low numbers of VISA's being issued out of Nairobi, I'm wondering if all they are doing is expedite requests.   In October they issued less IR1/CR1 VISAs than they did in July when Kenya was locked down. 

Sorry man, we are all in this together. It is very scary to imagine this might last another year, until a COVID vaccine is available in the region.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hopefully this trend of increasing processing of K-1s across all other Embassies will extend to Nairobi soon.

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 6.51.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 6.51.47 PM.png

This really mirrors the trend of pretty much all VISAs.   COVID hit in Feb/Mar, all the embassies started locking down and VISA processing plummeted.  Septemberish, Embassies started opening back up and processing started picking up.

However, the down side for all of us here in this thread is that Nairobi seems to be opening up MUCH more slowly than many other embassies.  Nairobi just isn't processing very many of any VISA except the big slug of DV VISAs they issued in September. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.