Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

This really mirrors the trend of pretty much all VISAs.   COVID hit in Feb/Mar, all the embassies started locking down and VISA processing plummeted.  Septemberish, Embassies started opening back up and processing started picking up.

However, the down side for all of us here in this thread is that Nairobi seems to be opening up MUCH more slowly than many other embassies.  Nairobi just isn't processing very many of any VISA except the big slug of DV VISAs they issued in September. 

I think it depends on the embassy leadership. Some are career diplomats who love their jobs and foreign service and some are political appointees.

Edited by Mtu Mzuri
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Thanks Kenyan Couple. Do you know if it was an expedite or normal visa process? Our case was scheduled for April 14 to interview. When was yours?

It was not my case. Mine is still pending, IR1 at NVC. It was not an expedite. She received an email from the embassy to go for an interview. She had already done a medical and was set to go for an interview when it was cancelled. She went for an interview and has now done the medical again. 

Timeline

Happy New Month!!! December is here guys, tis' the season. Don't know about you but I knew for sure  this year I'd be with my family for Christmas 😢😭 but all the same, I'm grateful to be alive and healthy. How's everyone holding up??

Timeline
15 hours ago, shu josh said:

Happy New Month!!! December is here guys, tis' the season. Don't know about you but I knew for sure  this year I'd be with my family for Christmas 😢😭 but all the same, I'm grateful to be alive and healthy. How's everyone holding up??

Great. Traveling home for thiguku.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 11:45 PM, Mtu Mzuri said:

Thanks Kenyan Couple. Do you know if it was an expedite or normal visa process? Our case was scheduled for April 14 to interview. When was yours?

Hi mtu mzuri, have you heard anything yet? Our K1 was canceled in April too. I made an inquiry and this is the response they gave. So it seems they scheduling k1s after all. Waiting games...

3819C807-850E-4BEA-BDBB-A55B55F4279A.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kmomo2 said:

Hi mtu mzuri, have you heard anything yet? Our K1 was canceled in April too. I made an inquiry and this is the response they gave. So it seems they scheduling k1s after all. Waiting games...

Hi. I received a similar message too but they are prioritizing people who had a cancelled appointment it seems. Did you have a cancelled appointment just before COVID hit?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hi. I received a similar message too but they are prioritizing people who had a cancelled appointment it seems. Did you have a cancelled appointment just before COVID hit?

Yes. We had one booked for April 8 but they canceled. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Kmomo2 said:

Which Customer Representative is this, at least they're giving more information. Most are so general I got tired of getting the same response.

Timeline
On 12/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, shu josh said:

Which Customer Representative is this, at least they're giving more information. Most are so general I got tired of getting the same response.

it was rep 2

Timeline
On 12/4/2020 at 6:49 AM, Kmomo2 said:

it was rep 2

Update:

A second person now has gotten their K1 Visa today. Interview was scheduled for March which got canceled, but had already been at IOM in February. 

For those whose interviews were canceled, they shall get to you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kenyan Couple said:

Update:

A second person now has gotten their K1 Visa today. Interview was scheduled for March which got canceled, but had already been at IOM in February. 

For those whose interviews were canceled, they shall get to you. 

How do you know this?

Timeline
12 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

How do you know this?

Network of people who update each other where they are at in the process. 

Edited by Kenyan Couple

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.