Jamie Chen

No online status update after RFE response

33 posts in this topic

I got Request for initial evidence at early May asking for medical report I-693. We sent back the response and my attoney said they should get it at Jun 1st.

But the case status online is still "Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent". Have anyone faced this before?

I thought it should update to something like your response is recieved or your case is reviewing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, juancarlos said:

when did you submit your package? I think you can go with the I-693 to the interview.

The RFE asked to send back the i-693 package to them. During this pandemic, all interviews are cancelled. For me, no interview has ever been scheduled. I got the EAD combo card early this year, then the pandemic comes. After seval months, I got the RFE. The annoying thing is that they don't update the case status promptly and I am keeping worrying they lost my response or someting going wrong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, Jamie Chen said:

The RFE asked to send back the i-693 package to them. During this pandemic, all interviews are cancelled. For me, no interview has ever been scheduled. I got the EAD combo card early this year, then the pandemic comes. After seval months, I got the RFE. The annoying thing is that they don't update the case status promptly and I am keeping worrying they lost my response or someting going wrong.

Ohh in that case then ignore my message. I hope someone can help you.

Good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have read about cases where they don't update to "RFE response received". For now, all you can do is wait. Did you send it with signature required? 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

18 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Call customer service, ask for a tier 2 agent and inquire about the RFE.

They should tell you if the response was received. 

I called the customer service, I think it is tier 1. She said it was not in the system yet, you have to wait 60 days since your response for them to process.

Maybe I shouldn't worry much for now. They should get my response. Let me wait another 30 days and see. I will update this thread once my case is updated.

1 hour ago, Tjg312 said:

Mine updated to RFE received after about 5 days of receipt, for a diff RFE though they didn't like the birth certificate we sent in

Thanks for the information. As I see from some other forums, USCIS sent out a lot of RFE for i693 for people who are about to interview after they reopen. Maybe they just want postpone your interview or processing time.

20 hours ago, Jamie Chen said:

I got Request for initial evidence at early May asking for medical report I-693. We sent back the response and my attoney said they should get it at Jun 1st.

But the case status online is still "Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent". Have anyone faced this before?

I thought it should update to something like your response is recieved or your case is reviewing.

I'm experiencing the same thing right now. Its been more than 1 month since I sent the RFIE. No update since. I called them and they said to wait up to 60 days. Plus the case tracker app is malfunctioning. I keep getting old statuses like 10 to 15 time a day for maybe a week now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jamie Chen said:

My attoney sent it and said they got FedEx confirmation for delivery on June 1.

Then you know they have it. All you can do is wait, then.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

4 hours ago, Jamie Chen said:

I called the customer service, I think it is tier 1. She said it was not in the system yet, you have to wait 60 days since your response for them to process.

Maybe I shouldn't worry much for now. They should get my response. Let me wait another 30 days and see. I will update this thread once my case is updated.

I sent my I-693 back to USCIS in early March via FedEx and still have not confirmed they have them. I had to log a SR on Jun16th. Still waiting for someone at USCIS to work on the SR as of today......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Jamie Chen said:

Yep. I am same boat. EB2-ROW, with the same timeline. Still waiting to even hear if they received it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.