moneythat

Ex Committed Citizenship Fraud

48 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, moneythat said:

That's my point about the LoL.  You're joking around when people's lives are at stake.  

Who's life is at stake?

Don't get me wrong...if they committed fraud and there's evidence of it, then they should be held accountable. Report it.

But is your life going to get any better if she gets denaturalized? It doesn't sound like your life is at stake.

Her well-being (not life) may be at risk as a result, but I doubt your concern about people's lives being at stake was referring to hers.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Just now, geowrian said:

Who's life is at stake?

Don't get me wrong...if they committed fraud and there's evidence of it, then they should be held accountable. Report it.

But is your life going to get any better if she gets denaturalized? It doesn't sound like your life is at stake.

Her well-being (not life) may be at risk as a result, but I doubt your concern about people's lives being at stake was referring to hers.

That's what I meant.  Well-being.  The quality of their future.  Not just hers but everyone involved or associated with her. And not just mine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, moneythat said:

That's my point about the LoL.  You're joking around when people's lives are at stake.  

Your frustration is very understandable, send all the hard evidence and documentation that you have gathered, report her fraud to the appropriate authorities, and then move on with your life, you will have done what you can.  Spending a lot of time and energy fretting about this will only cause you more mental anguish and that will affect you negatively.  Hopefully you have a bright future to look forward to without her in your life now.  Good luck and all the best to you!

5 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Your frustration is very understandable, send all the hard evidence and documentation that you have gathered, report her fraud to the appropriate authorities, and then move on with your life, you will have done what you can.  Spending a lot of time and energy fretting about this will only cause you more mental anguish and that will affect you negatively.  Hopefully you have a bright future to look forward to without her in your life now.  Good luck and all the best to you!

Thanks,.  I have evidence from the private investigator and my family's first hand testimony.  I also have documentation she applied and received public benefits.  It just feels like I need the police/social services/district attorney to charge and convict her, yet the government seems overloaded with work and justice is not being served.

Edited by moneythat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, moneythat said:

Thanks,.  I have evidence from the private investigator and my family's first hand testimony.  I also have documentation she applied and received public benefits.  It just feels like I need the police/social services/district attorney to charge and convict her, yet the government seems overloaded with work and justice is not being served.

You're seeking vengeance, not justice. You want your ex punished by not only USCIS but other government agencies like social services (for benefits crimes) and even the DA (I don't know for what crime).

I truly sympathize, despite my tongue in cheek comments. This is a treacherous road and leads to mental anguish as someone has already advised. Submit what you have to the USCIS and be done with it.

If she gets de-naturalized (low chance), you will still have to deal with your own feelings about what happened.

Really wish you well. Take care.

1 minute ago, Mounat02 said:

You're seeking vengeance, not justice. You want your ex punished by not only USCIS but other government agencies like social services (for benefits crimes) and even the DA (I don't know for what crime).

I truly sympathize, despite my tongue in cheek comments. This is a treacherous road and leads to mental anguish as someone has already advised. Submit what you have to the USCIS and be done with it.

If she gets de-naturalized (low chance), you will still have to deal with your own feelings about what happened.

Really wish you well. Take care.

If someone robs your house, of course you want them arrested.  Had you read the contents of my comments, she committed at least prostitution, which means she lacks good moral character to become a U.S. Citizen.  It's called a crime involving moral turpitude (CIMT).   People commit crimes, they get arrested, charged, imprisoned by the police, DA, and USCIS deports/strips them of their immigration benefit.  That's how it works.  Do people commit crimes and expect to not be arrested?

10 minutes ago, moneythat said:

Her receiving public benefits within those 5 years as an LPR will more likely to come back on you than her due to the I-864.

That's not to say that if she committed fraud on the application that she can't be held accountable, but be aware it is a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Just now, geowrian said:

Her receiving public benefits within those 5 years as an LPR will more likely to come back on you than her due to the I-864.

That's not to say that if she committed fraud on the application that she can't be held accountable, but be aware it is a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Are you talking about the affidavit of support?  I wrote a letter to release that after I divorced her.  I did not support her green card nor citizenship.

11 minutes ago, moneythat said:

Are you talking about the affidavit of support?  I wrote a letter to release that after I divorced her.  I did not support her green card nor citizenship.

Yes I am, that's the I-864.

A letter cannot relieve those obligations. It is a contract with the US government, not her.

Edit: From the I-864 itself (not even the instructions)

When Will These Obligations End?

Your obligations under a Form I-864 that you signed will end if the person who becomes a lawful permanent resident based on that affidavit:

A. Becomes a U.S. citizen;

B. Has worked, or can receive credit for, 40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act;

C. No longer has lawful permanent resident status and has departed the United States;

D. Is subject to removal, but applies for and obtains, in removal proceedings, a new grant of adjustment of status, based on a new affidavit of support, if one is required; or

E. Dies.

NOTE: Divorce does not terminate your obligations under Form I-864.

Edit 2: Note that if she did commit fraud to receive benefits (i.e. lied about household income) and she was actually not qualified for them, then you would not be responsible in any way. Sorry if that wasn't clear! I just think it's impossible to know exactly what she claimed or not vs what she had to claim, and if the difference between those completely eliminates eligibility for any benefits.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
44 minutes ago, moneythat said:

@moneythat,

The only thing you can do is provide USCIS with the evidence that you have whether that be by email or in person whatever method you choose.

Once you provide USCIS with the evidence they are the ones that have to investigate. After you submit that evidence, as others have suggested, move on. I understand your concern for others but there is only so much you can do. Trust me when I say that there have been times when I have wanted justice in personal situations. I would encourage you to do what is in your control and not give thought to what is not in your control. If you continue to dwell on what is not in your control your health will take a hit due to the stress. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

39 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yes I am, that's the I-864.

A letter cannot relieve those obligations. It is a contract with the US government, not her.

Edit: From the I-864 itself (not even the instructions)

Edit 2: Note that if she did commit fraud to receive benefits (i.e. lied about household income) and she was actually not qualified for them, then you would not be responsible in any way. Sorry if that wasn't clear! I just think it's impossible to know exactly what she claimed or not vs what she had to claim, and if the difference between those completely eliminates eligibility for any benefits.

I wrote a letter to USCIS to withdraw my affidavit of support before she got her green card.

I would need to report her to social services and have them investigate on her whether she committed public benefits fraud.

Edited by moneythat

3 minutes ago, moneythat said:

I wrote a letter to USCIS to withdraw my affidavit of support before she got her green card.

I would need to report her to social services and have them investigate on her whether she committed public benefits fraud.

Her original green card...? And they approved her without you at the interview (or the interview was waived, a la AOS from K-1 years ago)? I'm assuming this was an AOS case as an I-864 is not sent to USCIS for a visa.

Then yeah, that would at least be a decent defense of any sort of enforcement of the contract.

Although that would indicate that the marriage was over (even if a divorce was not finalized yet) over 5 years ago. If so, it's really time to move on...having a PI investigate an ex, following her public benefit usage, following her life for 5 years, etc. is not healthy.

Report it, but please move on. You are not doing yourself any favors by continuing to dwell on this.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
22 minutes ago, moneythat said:

This tells you how much of an uphill battle this is. USCIS decided to grant her the GC even after you tried to withdraw your affidavit of support, which you can't do via a letter as stated earlier.

1 hour ago, moneythat said:

Do people commit crimes and expect to not be arrested?

By definition, yes. If people expected to be arrested every time, they wouldn't commit any crimes.

Edited by Mounat02

4 minutes ago, Mounat02 said:

This tells you how much of an uphill battle this is. USCIS decided to grant her the GC even after you tried to withdraw you affidavit of support, which you can't do via a letter, as stated earlier.

By definition, yes. If people expected to be arrested every time, they wouldn't commit any crimes.

I didn't say USCIS approved her green card after I withdrew.  She may have gotten a green card through other means.

Ok, wrong question I asked.  They may not expect to be arrested, but they deserve to be arrested.

Edited by moneythat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.